Interstate Batteries Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Interstate Batteries (Garden Grove, CA).

Interview

Interview with Assistant location Manager, took about 30-45 Min. Called back for second interview with Location Mgr. & Assist. Location Mgr. I asked about Salary & Benefits, they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you expect this to be a job or Career?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, they said what the position paid With Commission on sales.

BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Interstate Batteries (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had 4 interviews before hired. Phone, manager, team, directors. The first two had some skills testing that reasonably fit the job. Don't overdress. Business casual is best. Suit and tie would be overkill. Some folks wear shorts and many wear neon sneakers. There interview rooms weren't ideal, but the tone was hospitable. Feel comfortable to ask anything.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd fit into our company's culture?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Interstate Batteries.

Interview

My interview process was laid back and was very informal. We sat down and at lunch at local restaurant and talked about some things that were going on in the news and eventually transitioned to some of your more generic interview questions. Most of the questions evenly balanced between personality and work experience.

Route Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Interstate Batteries.

Interview

Very formal interview process. Simply come prepared to answer the usual questions in order to fulfill 3the formality of an interview. It comes down to if the owner likes you. If you have a outgoing personality and are able to think on your feet, your future is bright with Interstate.

Interview Questions

• There aren't and sleeper type questions. The biggest form of advice i can offer is BE YOURSELF.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Interstate Batteries in May 2013.

Interview

I interviewed at Interstate following my freshman year in college, and I thought it was an awesome experience. I recommend this company to everyone that asks; from the CEO to managers, it is a phenomenally run business. The interview process was easy enough, with only a phone call and basic technical questions based on the department you are interviewing for

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Interstate Batteries (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

Walked in and spoke to the owner, simple as that. I checked online to see who it was that I needed to speak to, called to make sure he was there and showed up unannounced. I could have taken the job but had not yet decided whether or not I was ready to move to that city.

Interview Questions

• Have you done this before, where, what experience do you have?   1 Answer

SharePoint Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Interstate Batteries (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

I think it was fair just long.

Negotiation

easy my recruiter did it all.

Business to Business Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Interstate Batteries (Skokie, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Slow and Awkward. I interviewed in person and it took two years for them to call me back. When they did, I had another interview and then it took several weeks for a follow up interview.

Interview Questions

• Successes and failures I've had. Did I have a problem selling a high ticket item?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a mix of give and take on salary.

Open Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Interstate Batteries (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Just went in with a positive attitiude and was myself. Answered the quesstions asked with the best of my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Interstate Batteries?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work as a team?   1 Answer

Senior Informatica Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Interstate Batteries (Dallas, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

VERY heavy technical interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations