Interstate Hotels

2.4

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Interstate Hotels in October 2014.

I applied online on h careers and I receive a call back from the director of operations and met with him . He was pretty much straight forward on what he wanted . He ask me questions about my work experiences , what hours I was available . It was very brief then he ask I meet with the assistant manger and again it was straight to the point and very brief . Receive call back two days later to meet with general manger and again it was brief straight to point . The same day one of the operation manger call me to tell I got the job the next day I went to sign papers and they had my name tag ready and schedule made when I clearly told them I needed two weeks notice so I can my current employer so they had me working both job in between my training .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you turn around a negative situation .   Answer Question
    It wasn't really negotiation phase , my benefit package wasn't really explained to me

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Interstate Hotels in August 2014.

Basic questions...easy interview...good solid communication regarding setting up time...met with F&B director and the HRD....professional and courteous...multiple outlets in this hotel so wasn't sure which unit or how many I would have been involved with if they had hired me or I took the job

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected....all pretty basic stuff.....hotel seemed staffed well and people appearded content and happy   Answer Question
    basic..very easy

Floor Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Interstate Hotels in May 2014.

The interview was ok, Did not have any problems with the questions. I think the interview was to serious, but she was professional at the time of the interview. I was early for my interview, I hope she like that. The whole process was nice and easy.

Interview Questions
    • why i left my job of 11 years . why I did not want to be a supervisor at my last job   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Phone, Skype

Front Desk Agent Interview

Met with multiple supervisors and Management and waiting time was a little longer than expected

Interview Questions
    • i did not receive any difficult questions although there is an assesment required to pass to continue on personality and behavior   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Interstate Hotels in August 2013.

Interviewed with HR Director and DOS

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Interstate Hotels in August 2013.

The interview was short and not difficult

Interview Questions
    • What challenges do you expect to face in this position   View Answer
    Unable to negotiate pay

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Interstate Hotels in January 2013.

First interview was ridiculous. I had 2 total. First interview was with HR and she was good but there were two people in there that I would assume were also hospitality people but the nature of the questions from them were confusing as if they worked in a dining room, they wouldn't have asked such non relevant questions. Found out after I got hired that they were from accounting and that the only restaurant knowledge they had was eating in one. That should have been my warning. Yes, I got the job. But after the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • I would call it most stupid question. "Do I know that we are a hotel and open 365 days a year"?   View Answer

Development Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Interstate Hotels in April 2012.

Hired through on campus interview- basic questions such as experience with analytics, numbers, and data.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Interstate Hotels in September 2010.

Two separate interviews, one with the General Manager and one with the Director of Sales. Both were straight forward (nothing "tricky") and focused on past work history, future goals, customer services skill sets, employee training style/capabilities (lots of turnover in this industry), etc.

Job was offered within two days (accepted), salary (competitive), drug test passed (yeah, they make you take one, which makes sense considering it's a money-handling position - both hard currency and AR/AP).

Interview Questions
    Initial offer of salary + benefits was very competitive and I accepted after one day to reflect.