Interstate Hotels

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was short and not difficult

Interview Question – What challenges do you expect to face in this position   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate pay

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Interstate Hotels

Interview Details – Phone, Skype

Interview Question – Situational questions   Answer Question

Development Intern Interview

Development Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in April 2012.

Interview Details – Hired through on campus interview- basic questions such as experience with analytics, numbers, and data.

Interview Question – Weakness   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in January 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was ridiculous. I had 2 total. First interview was with HR and she was good but there were two people in there that I would assume were also hospitality people but the nature of the questions from them were confusing as if they worked in a dining room, they wouldn't have asked such non relevant questions. Found out after I got hired that they were from accounting and that the only restaurant knowledge they had was eating in one. That should have been my warning. Yes, I got the job. But after the 2nd interview.

Interview Question – I would call it most stupid question. "Do I know that we are a hotel and open 365 days a year"?   View Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent

Interviewed at Interstate Hotels

Interview Details – Met with multiple supervisors and Management and waiting time was a little longer than expected

Interview Question – i did not receive any difficult questions although there is an assesment required to pass to continue on personality and behavior   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in February 2010.

Interview Details – Standard Interview process, telephone, then in person with potential supervisor.
Hiring process was standard following standard procedures found in any company.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in September 2010.

Interview Details – Two separate interviews, one with the General Manager and one with the Director of Sales. Both were straight forward (nothing "tricky") and focused on past work history, future goals, customer services skill sets, employee training style/capabilities (lots of turnover in this industry), etc.

Job was offered within two days (accepted), salary (competitive), drug test passed (yeah, they make you take one, which makes sense considering it's a money-handling position - both hard currency and AR/AP).

Interview Question – Have you ever cleaned a guest room?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initial offer of salary + benefits was very competitive and I accepted after one day to reflect.

Server Interview

Server
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in July 2008.

Interview Details – You can find jobs by visiting the ihrco.com website and fill out an application. A manager will contact you by phone or email. i had 1 ineterview before being offered the position. For the most part all of the staff are friendly and outgoing. There are alot of brand standards that must be followed, but overall the work culture in the restaurant is easy going.

Interview Question – Do you know how to "French" a table? This question was regarding an alternative way to prepare a table cloth during banquet seervice. I have yet to "French" a table.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Minumum wage is the only hourly offered.

Night Manager Interview

Night Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the position via the company's website. The General Manager of the hotel called asking me to meet with him. I showed up several minutes early for the appointment, and was greeted several minutes after the appointment time. Unlike other interviews I had participated in, there was no template, format, or pre-selected questions; everything was random and off the top of the interviewer's head. There were questions pertaining to my job and education experience, several "scenario" questions (What would you do in this situation...), and some questions that seemed a little irrelevant pertaining to my marriage status. I was told that I would need to interview with the district manager (something that never happened). I called the GM several days later to follow-up and was offered the position. A few days after that, I was brought in to fill out paperwork, including authorize a background check. That came back within three days and I started shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in January 2008.

Interview Details – I interviewed with three members of the team on a one-on-one basis. Two of the three were cordial and inquisitive and the other mainly wanted to talk about himself. Communication was mainly with the hiring manager and HR for the most part stayed out of it, which I liked. Aside from the three, one-on-one interviews, I also had two additional conversations with the department head. The process went smoothly.

Interview Question – Why us instead of a major hotel brand?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but VERY LITTLE. It was a struggle, but the hiring manager said he would make it worth my while over the long haul and I found that to be true.

Worked for Interstate Hotels? Contribute to the Community!