Interstate Hotels

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.3

Floor Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in May 2014.

The interview was ok, Did not have any problems with the questions. I think the interview was to serious, but she was professional at the time of the interview. I was early for my interview, I hope she like that. The whole process was nice and easy.

Interview Questions
    • why i left my job of 11 years . why I did not want to be a supervisor at my last job   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in August 2013.

The interview was short and not difficult

Interview Questions
    • What challenges do you expect to face in this position   View Answer
    Unable to negotiate pay

Intern Interview

Phone, Skype

Development Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in April 2012.

Hired through on campus interview- basic questions such as experience with analytics, numbers, and data.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in January 2013.

First interview was ridiculous. I had 2 total. First interview was with HR and she was good but there were two people in there that I would assume were also hospitality people but the nature of the questions from them were confusing as if they worked in a dining room, they wouldn't have asked such non relevant questions. Found out after I got hired that they were from accounting and that the only restaurant knowledge they had was eating in one. That should have been my warning. Yes, I got the job. But after the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • I would call it most stupid question. "Do I know that we are a hotel and open 365 days a year"?   View Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Met with multiple supervisors and Management and waiting time was a little longer than expected

Interview Questions
    • i did not receive any difficult questions although there is an assesment required to pass to continue on personality and behavior   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in August 2013.

Interviewed with HR Director and DOS

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in February 2010.

Standard Interview process, telephone, then in person with potential supervisor.
    Hiring process was standard following standard procedures found in any company.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in September 2010.

Two separate interviews, one with the General Manager and one with the Director of Sales. Both were straight forward (nothing "tricky") and focused on past work history, future goals, customer services skill sets, employee training style/capabilities (lots of turnover in this industry), etc.

Job was offered within two days (accepted), salary (competitive), drug test passed (yeah, they make you take one, which makes sense considering it's a money-handling position - both hard currency and AR/AP).

Interview Questions
    Initial offer of salary + benefits was very competitive and I accepted after one day to reflect.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Interstate Hotels in July 2008.

You can find jobs by visiting the ihrco.com website and fill out an application. A manager will contact you by phone or email. i had 1 ineterview before being offered the position. For the most part all of the staff are friendly and outgoing. There are alot of brand standards that must be followed, but overall the work culture in the restaurant is easy going.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to "French" a table? This question was regarding an alternative way to prepare a table cloth during banquet seervice. I have yet to "French" a table.   View Answer
    Minumum wage is the only hourly offered.

Worked for Interstate Hotels? Contribute to the Community!