Intertek Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.6

QC Compliance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Intertek.

Interview

Phone call from the Temp Agency, Phone call from the manager. Interview was sets of 1-2 people from each group that you'd be working with. Manager circled in twice to see if there were any questions they could address between sets.

Interview Questions

• What would be one thing your current boss would say you do well? One thing you could use improvement on?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Intertek (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a face to face with the operations manager of the location and the engineering manager. It was a structured interview consisting of them going through an hr acronym guide and for each letter giving an example of how it applies or how youve utilized various skills/experiences/etc. It was long. Took around an hour. Then they give a tour of the facility. I found out that I did NOT get the job on a Friday and I had interviewed on a Monday.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you utilized....   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Intertek.

Interview

They are concentrating on abilities and experience, But even if you don't have experience it just need some basic knowledge about chemistry and how to solve the problems you are fine .this company has good benefits and reasonable compensation for start and as a first job you can grab good experience.

Interview Questions

• How many years you worked as a lab chemist   1 Answer

Textile Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intertek (Arlington Heights, IL).

Interview

A single person interview. Nine weeks later I was offered a job. Some departments require you to pass a color / hue test. You can practice this online. If you score more than a dozen misses avoid the textile department. The other testing departments don't have this requirement.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intertek.

Interview

The inital interview was via phone with the director of the department. A week later, an in-person interview was set up with four people. I was given a tour of the facility, then spetn about 30 minutes with each person. The tone was conversational and casual. Very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Strange as it may sound, the question that caught me off guard was, "What are you reading right now?" I had been spending so much time searching job sites and sending out resumes that I hadn't been reading much and couldn't remember the last book I had read.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Intertek (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Contacted me directly soliciting interest. Numerous follow-ups, being informed I would be contacted again after a managers return from travel, I would be invited for a direct interview within a week, etc. Never received further communication. Needless to say they are on my "do not consider" list.

IT Support Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intertek.

Interview

They found me and asked me to fill out an app so I was just going through the motions. I had no answer for them on why I wanted to leave because they told me to just fill out the info and we would go from there. I wasn't actively looking.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to leave my job, when they found me and asked me to fill everything out.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intertek.

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview. Phone interviewed with one member of the engineering team. Had one in person interview with a panel of 4 team members. Overall pretty relaxed atmosphere.

Lab Tech Interview

Interview

The hiring process consists of filling out an application and/or submitting a resume online via the company website. As with many other companies, it helps (although not imperative) to know someone on the inside. In some cases they will already know the candidate they intend to hire, but you may get an interview anyhow. The interview is more of a tour of the facility and general conversation than an interview. I would suggest doing some research and coming up with some questions that would lend the interviewer to believe that you have some experience or at least some insight as to what the job entails.

Interview Questions

• In my experience there were no difficult, unexpected, or situational questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intertek.

Interview

Very long cumbersome process. Application process took about 20 minutes. I heard back a month after Appling. I had a phone interview and an in person interview. The interview was simple. They asked standard text book questions. They asked about current salary and what I wanted to be making in five years from now. I was offered the job. It is notable to say they were not open to negotiating pay or the start date. The offer letter and screening process was long. I took a drug test and went through an extensive background check. They checked every employer on my resume which went back over ten years. Because they went so far back they had a hard time tracking down an employer. They asked me to provide a W2 for a job I worked for five months over ten year ago. They also validated my driver’s license. Whoever they had validated my license did not know what they were doing and could not properly validate it. I also had to do the leg work there as well. I had to have a non-compete notarized. Needless to say it was a frustrating process.

Negotiation

They were not open to negotiating pay or the start date