Intertek

Updated Aug 1, 2014
Updated Aug 1, 2014

2.5

IT Support Tech Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intertek.

They found me and asked me to fill out an app so I was just going through the motions. I had no answer for them on why I wanted to leave because they told me to just fill out the info and we would go from there. I wasn't actively looking.

Interview Questions
    • Why I wanted to leave my job, when they found me and asked me to fill everything out.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intertek.

Phone interview and in person interview. Phone interviewed with one member of the engineering team. Had one in person interview with a panel of 4 team members. Overall pretty relaxed atmosphere.

Lab Tech Interview

The hiring process consists of filling out an application and/or submitting a resume online via the company website. As with many other companies, it helps (although not imperative) to know someone on the inside. In some cases they will already know the candidate they intend to hire, but you may get an interview anyhow. The interview is more of a tour of the facility and general conversation than an interview. I would suggest doing some research and coming up with some questions that would lend the interviewer to believe that you have some experience or at least some insight as to what the job entails.

Interview Questions
    • In my experience there were no difficult, unexpected, or situational questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intertek.

Very long cumbersome process. Application process took about 20 minutes. I heard back a month after Appling. I had a phone interview and an in person interview. The interview was simple. They asked standard text book questions. They asked about current salary and what I wanted to be making in five years from now. I was offered the job. It is notable to say they were not open to negotiating pay or the start date.
    The offer letter and screening process was long. I took a drug test and went through an extensive background check. They checked every employer on my resume which went back over ten years. Because they went so far back they had a hard time tracking down an employer. They asked me to provide a W2 for a job I worked for five months over ten year ago. They also validated my driver’s license. Whoever they had validated my license did not know what they were doing and could not properly validate it. I also had to do the leg work there as well. I had to have a non-compete notarized. Needless to say it was a frustrating process.

They were not open to negotiating pay or the start date

Data Analyst Interview

The interview process was simple and quick and the hiring process was good as well. Processed paper work in a timely manor. Offer was sent over after the interview and they worked around my schedule. Very quick process.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intertek.

Interviewed by hiring manager and one of the top salespersons. Thought the interview went very well...in fact he indirectly told me I got the job. Told me that he wanted me to meet with an engineer before he offered the job. A week went by and they never got back to me. Finally after a week and a half he told me he filled the position with another candidate. Beware they will not hire women!!

Interview Questions
    • Not really any...just basic sales interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Intertek in April 2014.

I first had an interview with the Regional Manager and then the Sales Manager. Both sounded promising, as they went great and when I asked about any concerns about me being successful, they said nothing. I was then told to go home and look at their specific division online and see what i'd be dealing with (thinking that I got the position). I followed up numerous times, per their request and never even got an email that I didn't get the position. It amazes me how companies these days will treat people who spend their time to interview with them, as if they don't matter. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intertek.

Intertek prefers to work with Recruiters. My recruiter sent in my resume. The hiring manager asked for me to come in for an interview. I had two interviews on the first day. I was called back for a second interview and this time I was interviewed by another two senior managers. The next day I was given an offer and I accepted.

I was asked to do normal drug test and fill in certain forms. My start date was set for a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions was based on my past experiences and knowledge about accounting in general. I didn't find the interview to be hard.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Intertek.

I was initially contacted by an HR recruiter and interviewed with the operations manager. I felt the interview went very well and was very promising. It seems like a great company to work for. Unfortunately I was sent a dear john email about a two weeks later to let me know that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • It was typical interview questions. Nothing too difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intertek.

Face to face interview background check drug test