Intific

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intific.

Interview Details – The interview process began with a standard short (less than half hour) phone screening, but this was with an actual engineer rather than HR. This got me to the onsite interview where I went through about 4 hours of interviews. In that time I encountered 5 groups on 2 people each. It seemed that the engineers pulled to interview generally didn't do much to prepare; I was going over my resume again and again every time I moved groups. The second group administered a series of logic puzzles which seemed to be right out of the book 'Programming Interviews Exposed'. There was some coding involved in the interview process, but nothing extensive. Overall it seems like they were looking for a good cultural fit and trusting instincts to determine my technical ability, which is reasonable given how hard such things are to gauge.

Interview Question – "You are working on an important project with a deadline a few days away. You have been trying to fix a strange issue causing a hard crash for two days and your lead has suggested you should pass the issue over to him to find a fix for. Just then you think you discover the cause of the error and realize it is a very amateur mistake your lead has checked in. What do you do?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They required me to provide my previous salary, even after I resisted. My previous salary became the basis for the entire negotiations and they were unwilling to budge more than a nominal increase over what I had been making, which is quite ridiculous. This happened before the interview process advanced.

After working there I can say this about negotiation: They are very picky with who they give offers to, so if you get an offer don't be bullied around. Until you are given an offer refuse to discuss compensation. They won't "walk" on you if you refuse to provide prior salary information. Hold your ground and know that if they are engaging with you then you have the 'upper hand'. Until the interview process is over just maintain "we can discuss compensation once we both determine if this is a good fit" and if it reaches discussing compensation maintain "what salary you offer me is a good indicator of how you value me as a candidate" to insist they make the first offer.

Build Release Engineer Interview

Build Release Engineer

Interviewed at Intific

Interview Details – Initial phone screen followed by two in-person interviews if you impress in the phone screen

Interview Question – What is the difference between a singly and doubly linked list   View Answer

Worked for Intific? Contribute to the Community!