Intific Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intific

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intific (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

A light 20 phone screen preceded the face to face interview asking basic question about my skill set.. The subsequent face to face behavioral based interview featured some interesting design based whiteboard exercises. Two groups of two designers interviewed me for 1.5 hours each, with a short break in between. Afterwards, I met with the studio director 1:1 and was given a tour of the studio.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intific (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process began with a standard short (less than half hour) phone screening, but this was with an actual engineer rather than HR. This got me to the onsite interview where I went through about 4 hours of interviews. In that time I encountered 5 groups on 2 people each. It seemed that the engineers pulled to interview generally didn't do much to prepare; I was going over my resume again and again every time I moved groups. The second group administered a series of logic puzzles which seemed to be right out of the book 'Programming Interviews Exposed'. There was some coding involved in the interview process, but nothing extensive. Overall it seems like they were looking for a good cultural fit and trusting instincts to determine my technical ability, which is reasonable given how hard such things are to gauge.

Interview Questions

• "You are working on an important project with a deadline a few days away. You have been trying to fix a strange issue causing a hard crash for two days and your lead has suggested you should pass the issue over to him to find a fix for. Just then you think you discover the cause of the error and realize it is a very amateur mistake your lead has checked in. What do you do?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

They required me to provide my previous salary, even after I resisted. My previous salary became the basis for the entire negotiations and they were unwilling to budge more than a nominal increase over what I had been making, which is quite ridiculous. This happened before the interview process advanced. After working there I can say this about negotiation: They are very picky with who they give offers to, so if you get an offer don't be bullied around. Until you are given an offer refuse to discuss compensation. They won't "walk" on you if you refuse to provide prior salary information. Hold your ground and know that if they are engaging with you then you have the 'upper hand'. Until the interview process is over just maintain "we can discuss compensation once we both determine if this is a good fit" and if it reaches discussing compensation maintain "what salary you offer me is a good indicator of how you value me as a candidate" to insist they make the first offer.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by two in-person interviews if you impress in the phone screen

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a singly and doubly linked list   1 Answer