Intrado

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

3.1

Held Desk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intrado.

Phone interview, followed one week or so later with an on-site interview. HR questions such as "How do you handle an angry customer?" Technical questions were typical. A lot of focus for the HR folks is job history timeline, i.e. what, when, where. They never follow up or answer phone calls.

DIU Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intrado in February 2014.

The process consisted of an initial telephone screen by the recruiter/HR representative. Initial questions were linked to the resume, i.e., tell me about this job and why did you leave, tell me about your next job and why did you leave, etc. She then followed-up with some behavioral style interview questions. Questions such as... tell me about a time when you had to motivate your team and what was the outcome. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. I was then contacted approximately one week later to attend an onsite interview. The onsite interview was a panel style. Specifically, there were four interviewers each of which asked behavioral type interview questions. There were a LOT of questions (20 - 25) and I felt rushed through the entire process.

Following the interview process I was told that I would need to complete some case studies and that they would be emailed to me. They were in my email box before I got home from the interview. There were seven case studies and I had two days to complete them. Questions geared towards project management, people management and performance, customer satisfaction, etc. Some were easier than others.

Interview Questions
    • The question I struggled most with was... tell me about a time when your team failed and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intrado.

The first interview was over the phone and very basic. Do you know where the company is, are you willing to make that drive if you live far, are you aware of the salary, etc. Then they schedule an in person interview with potential future managers. They will often schedule you with multiple managers from several different teams and it's usually a round-robin set of "standard" questions. If they like you, the manager with "first dibs" will make an offer. If they pass, the opportunity will go to the manager next in line, and so on and so forth.

Interview Questions
    • This is not a difficult question but it seems to be ignored or forgotten. Research the company. There is a lot more information available now than there was 10 years ago as they are public and have a much better marketing department. Have a general idea of what the company does and have a general idea of what the expectations are for the position you are applying for. It's okay to ask for more information on the department or the team you're interviewing for since they put multiple managers in a room to interview you. DON'T just ask the typical "What's YOUR favorite part of the job" type questions. Have questions, but don't make them think that you don't have a single clue what you just interviewed for.   Answer Question
    They will not let you negotiate salary - you get what you get. However they are very good about understanding time off needs even before you get hired. They will put approval in writing if requested.

Associate Data Analyst 979650 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Intrado in November 2013.

I had previously been interviewed for this position and did not get the job. I applied again and received a call to schedule a phone interview. I made sure to tell them I had previously applied. On the day of the interview, I had prepared notes and was waiting by the phone. An hour passed and the phone didn't ring. I called the number back and left a message wondering what was going on. Five minutes later, I get an email saying I can't apply for the same job more than once every six months. Great, but MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THAT INSTEAD OF SCHEDULING AN INTERVIEW, STANDING ME UP AND WASTING MY TIME. I called and left a message with the head of their Human Resources department and received no call back. This is simply another company that pays lip service to ideas like professionalism, attention to detail and personal accountability, but can't bring themselves to actually display or support those values, even in their initial contact with prospective employees. I actually feel like I dodged a bullet here, esp. looking at a lot of other comments about this company here on Glassdoor.

Incident Commander Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intrado in August 2013.

Received a phone call from the recruiter and we had a phone interview the first time he called. The next day I had an in person interview with a board. The day after that I received a phone call from a manager that was on vacation but wanted to interview me. The next day I received a job offer.

Senior Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intrado in July 2013.

Couple of Tips for Intrado:

Don't event THINK about "networking" your way into a position here. EVERYTHING goes through HR, and they will cut you off at the knees if they find you have been trying to directly contact hiring managers.

EVERYTHING in your interview will be scripted. They us an antiquated interviewing technique from the 90's called "Top Grading" and they come in with laminated/color coded questions and you WILL answer those questions. You are not going to be able to engage anyone in the process in conversation. They treat you as though you are the enemy and you are trying to infiltrate their company. Do not expect them to treat you warmly or be welcoming in any way. This is a psychological game and most companies have long since abandoned this format of interviews.

Even the EXECUTIVES at Intrado follow this strictly regimented, scripted interview. They will likely double-team you; one shooting questions at you while the other writes down answers. They will NOT deviate from this script.

You WILL NOT hear from them ever again if you are not chosen for the position. They treat candidates like cattle. You are there for them to chose from. They are NOT there to keep you updated, give you any information or respond to your phone calls or emails. If they want you, you will know it. If they don't, you will be ignored.

Overall, I feel like I dodged a bullet. I don't think that I could work for a company whose HR department clearly runs everything, including the executive staff, with an antiquated HR methodology.

IF you are dead set in trying to get into this viper's nest, I'd suggest you google "Top Grading Interview Questions" first. This is the method they use and you will have to be proficient at it to pass muster.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual. Typical "tell me a bout a time you failed." "tell me about your greatest weakness."   Answer Question

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intrado in July 2013.

Intrado reached out to me after I submitted my resume and cover letter in response to their Craigslist advertisement. I received a call from human resources, who went through a series of detailed questions specifically related to the job position. This was not simply an initial screening, but could be considered a skills assessment. I passed the phone interview, and went onsite and was interviewed by three existing project managers, who had prepared questions, all quite technical and challenging. I then met with the hiring manager, who conducted a more "interpersonal" interview. Total phone interview time was about 30 minutes. Total personal interview was about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your most challenging project, and how you overcame the challenges.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Intrado in February 2012.

The hiring process was very long and tedious. The process took at least 6 to 8 weeks for all of the candidate interviews then the decision and finally salary negotiations. After the job offer then about two to three weeks for background checks and drug tests.

Interview Questions
    • I was grilled on many database platforms (at least 6) and was asked to demonstrate my skills by logging onto a test environment and run commands.   Answer Question
    The negotiation process was good - I received the salary I wanted.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intrado in September 2011.

Intrado uses a specific interviewing method which requires the interviewee to give very specific examples of past behavior in scenarios which the interviewer will choose, such as: "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee. What did you do?"

Interview Questions
    • The questions will be based on the job you are applying for, sometimes specifically technical or specific to management style. Be sure you are ready with examples. They will give you time to think and formulate, but they will expect an example related to their questions, for your history.   Answer Question
    I accepted the rate proposed.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intrado in January 2011.

Pretty good. Be prepared to ask a lot of questions and answer standard interview questions.

no negotation