Intralinks

Updated Feb 27, 2015

HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intralinks.

Great process, I was pleased with how helpful everyone was. A recruiter contacted me about the position and we spoke on the phone about the role and what I was looking for. I then had a conversation with the hiring manager, after that round was 1 on 1 with different people I would be working with. I then had to do an excel test. After the excel test, had to speak with someone else about the test and answer any lingering questions. Overall it was a good experience, was kept up to date and didn't have to wait long to hear back.

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intralinks.

Pretty standard interview questions and process of phone screens followed up by a face to face with the hiring manager. The role was within my ability and experience level and I came prepared with samples and anecdotes to back it up however the feedback shortly after was thanks but no thanks. Apparently they are holding out for some holy grail, golden unicorn of a candidate because many months later they are still actively recruiting to fill the role. Ironically, I've even gotten calls about the position from other recruiters too. You have to wonder how necessary a position is if they can afford to take that long in their search!? Reviews on here say this place has delusions of being Google in how selective they are in the hiring process yet lacking in the culture, product or anything else to merit it. Yup, I can see that. Given their accuracy there and seeing a lot of the other concerning things current and past employees have to say, I'm actually really grateful it didn't work out!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Got the sense with one question that they were just fishing for some free ideas from me which again, is unsurprising behavior given all I've heard about this place.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Short and direct. A full round of questions from the past executives. Challenged me to dig deep and think big. The CFO asked me the best question that I every heard!

Marketing Intern Interview

first, the manager introduces something about the company and the marketing team. Secondly, they ask something about my resume.

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intralinks in March 2014.

I was interviewed by 3 people. They asked m questions about my resume and in general about the subjects I had taken in graduate course.

Interview Questions
    • Can't think of anything. The interview was pretty much easy.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intralinks.

1st interview - one with recruiter, one with hiring manager
    2nd interview with hiring manager, SVP of team, two direct team members

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, expect to know the company inside and out - interview was heavily focused on my previous experience   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intralinks.

The first phone screening with the recruiter went smoothly. We discuss experience as it pertained to the position. The recruiter was very optimistic about the match so I was referred to the hiring manager; this is where things did not go well.
    The hiring manager could not get over the word "architect" in the title of my last position. Basically turned deaf and closed minded to anything I had to say, completely ignoring the fact that my duties had been those of a product manager. This person was fixated on letting me know that this was not a technical position, which I knew very well; and had even dismissed me as a candidate prior to the call.
    A complete waste of time.
    I was disappointed at first, but later realized that I probably did not want to work for someone like that anyway; who would be so obtuse to the point of not even trusting the recruiter and allow for an open interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you even consider applying for this non-technical job, when you are a technical person?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intralinks.

Process is quite smooth and easy. Interviews tend to be done in one day, with multiple employees from one team and managers from related teams. Opinions are grouped together later in the day to discuss the candidate. Focus is generally on personality fit after expertise has been established. Personality fit is highly valued at the company, so many of the questions are two-sided: First to establish one's ability to understand and answer, and second to comprehend one's general communication skills. The second case is where the probing for personality fit comes in.

Interview Questions
    • There were no 'trick' or unexpected questions, The interview was very conversational and comfortable.   Answer Question
    I negotiated through a recruiter, and an offer was given within 24 hours. Intralinks generally presents offers quickly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intralinks.

the interview lasted for about 25 minutes. the HR manager simply introduced the company and the position. then i was asked to describe relevant work experiences and future goals. simple questions

Corporate Communication Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlestown, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlestown, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intralinks in April 2013.

I coordinated from my university with a representative in Human Resources. She spoke with me briefly and explained that she had my resume from a professor of mine. We spoke briefly and she asked me questions about why I wanted to work at Intralinks and what I hoped to gain from an internship. From there I interviewed with each member of the Corporate Communication team, three people total. This exploratory process took about one month. Following the final interviews, I learned two weeks later that they would offer me a position. I most appreciated the courtesy and kind hospitality during the process. Prior to accepting the offer, my future bosses made me feel welcome.