Intratek

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Help Desk Lead Interview

Huntington Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intratek in August 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiter who originally contacted me was great, he pitched the job and made me feel great about the company. The job was a 3 year contract with a big transportation company in Southern California for a help desk lead position. The recruiter assured me that this fit in within my salary requirements.

I drove all the way to Huntington beach, from Riverside. When I showed up, the person who would supposedly be by direct supervisor interviewed me. Most unprofessional Interview I have EVER been through.

The guy first of all, was wearing jeans and a T-shirt, which is acceptable I guess, considering it was Friday.

His office was a mess, stacks of paper everywhere, and a funky smell.

First thing he says to me is "I did not read your resume, sorry" - The interviewer then briefly skimmed through my resume as he asked me if I had experience troubleshooting PCs, Printers, and blackberries.

He then stated that he would submit my resume to his client and they would decide if I would get another interview. He then asked me about my salary requirements. So, I asked if he would please go over the job duties with me, to which he said "well isnt that what I just did?"

At this point, I wanted to get up and leave, but I am more polite than this. So I replied with "well, you asked me if I had experience troubleshooting PCs printers and blackberries, I was under the impression this was a helpdesk lead position, there has to be more to it than that right?"

to which he replies "well, there are two positions. One for a Jr support position and one for a lead position, but the difference in pay is minimal."

This surprised me because I have held a Jr Support position and a lead position, and the difference in pay is huge. So I give him my salary requirements, which in my opinion was fair with what a helpdesk lead should get paid (1 dollar hourly more than my last help desk lead job)

To which the interviewer seemed very surprised. so I immediately ask if this is going to be a problem. He said "well, I don't want to insinuate that you are asking for too much, but what will eventually happen is that my client will decide who gets called back for interviews and who does not." I asked if he can disclose what his client is willing to pay and he did not want to disclose this information.

At this point the interview was over, but he wanted me to wait because the vice president of Intratek wanted to meet with me.

At this point, I explained that if the salary I was asking was too high compared to what his client wanted to pay, that there was no need for me to meet with anyone else. I shook his hand and left.

Interview Question – No questions were asked   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Huntington Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intratek.

Interview Details – The interview process is very specific to the job position being applied for, and off-the-wall questions were not asked. Made to feel very comfortable.

Interview Question – What is the one thing about yourself that you would like to improve upon most?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Intratek? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intratek interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Intratek employees and interview candidates.