Intrepid Learning Solutions

Updated Jun 1, 2014
Updated Jun 1, 2014

2.8

Instructor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions.

Phone interview followed by a panel interview consisting of two instructor supervisors. Fairly straight forward questions about aviation experience and whether I had instructed in the past. The panel could not answer my questions on compensation and work hours.

There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions.

The hiring process was rather informal, but appropriately challenging given that it was a for a client facing consulting position. The consulting team practiced behavioral interviewing techniques, giving me a scenario and asking how I would address the situation. Scenarios included internal (team work) situations, client facing situations, and general technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about a situation in which I was able to identify a performance issue, analyze for root cause and implement a solution to address it.   Answer Question

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions in December 2013.

There was an initial phone interview and I was asked the basics like tell me about your biggest challenge in one of your last jobs, general questions about OOD as well as a few questions about where I wanted to go in my career and what excites me.

The follow up in person interview was with a manager and two developers.
    Asked to write a function on the whiteboard that would reverse a string in PHP.
    Asked what the difference between a hash table and an array.
    Asked basic OOD questions such as difference between abstract and interface classes.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really a difficult question, they seemed to expect you to know Java though even though it's a PHP position really.   Answer Question

Learning Consultant Interview

I was contacted by one of the recruiters after I sent in my resume. The recruiter told me a little bit more about what they were looking for and asked me if I was still interested in the position. Unfortunately, my interpretation of what they were looking for was different from the position that the recruiter described, and, therefore, I told her I wasn't. There was no further communication after that.

Interview Questions
    • As mentioned, I experienced more of an initial screening than an interview, so none of the questions the recruiter asked were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions.

The hiring process and Interview was great. My phone interview went well, it lasted about 30 minutes. The second interivew I had was in person. It was a two person interview. I had to teach a lesson and write a lesson plan. At the end the asked several questions about how I would handle failing students, to showing up 30 minutes early to prepare my class for instruction.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a student faling a test that caused them to be fired from there job.   Answer Question

Pa

Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions in August 2013.

The manager and Senior manager interview the prospective employee. Basic questions about the employee and his experience. Asking what does integrity mean, explain how you have improved a company process in the past.

Interview Questions
    They presented and offer, they will negotiate a little.

Variable Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions in October 2012.

Long - brutal. Several interviews (about 8 in total).

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. Offer was fair and fit for my current needs.

Boeing Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions in July 2011.

The job interview was done over Skype, as it was an out-of-state interview (I was in Chicago, they were in Seattle). The manager I spoke with was extremely professional, and it was later conveyed to me that all potential employees will, most of the time, interview with who they'll be assigned to. Very impressive. I was asked about my professional resume first, then I was asked about my personnel preferences on company climate. I only interviewed with the one manager, and the experience was non-stressful and all the pros and cons were addressed and all of it was true upon working there. It was the best job interview I ever had.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I ever had to deal with an unruly student in the past, and how did I deal with that situation.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was handled by a representative from HR. I was asked what I thought was a fair wage, and I responded. The HR manager told me that was a bit high, but managed to bring me in at their wage maximum. My advice, don't be afraid to ask for what you want, they will undoubtedly work with you.

Industrial Skills Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions in February 2011.

I applied as a Project Manager, was contacted for Instructor position. Quick telephone interview regarding my skills and experience, comfort level speaking to a group, salary requirements. Followed by interview with two people (at once). Really general questions about my experience. I got the impression they were looking for a warm body to fill the position. I accepted the offer because I was unemployed at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable speaking in front of an audience?   View Answer
    They will negotiate on hourly rate. Vacation, benefits, etc. are not negotiable. Don't accept their first offer. I didn't negotiate, but found out others did, and they received a higher rate.

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions in April 2010.

Face to face interview with programming questions