Intrepid Learning Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.9

Learning Consultant Interview

Interview

They first provided an overview of the company, and discussed the recent partnership with Xerox and how learning services are now with Xerox but the learning hub and corporate MOOC are still with Intrepid Learning. They described their methodology on how they build their courses for clients and then asked about my personal work experience.

Interview Questions

• Directed towards personal work experiences listed on my resume   Answer Question

Client OnSite Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Several phone interviews, a couple of panel interviews with staff I would be supervising, several interviews with the client, extensive back and forth for a trivial negotiation and after accepting the offer, a long delay to process employment documents.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a panel interview consisting of two instructor supervisors. Fairly straight forward questions about aviation experience and whether I had instructed in the past. The panel could not answer my questions on compensation and work hours.

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions.

Interview

The hiring process was rather informal, but appropriately challenging given that it was a for a client facing consulting position. The consulting team practiced behavioral interviewing techniques, giving me a scenario and asking how I would address the situation. Scenarios included internal (team work) situations, client facing situations, and general technical questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a situation in which I was able to identify a performance issue, analyze for root cause and implement a solution to address it.   Answer Question

Web Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions (Seattle, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview and I was asked the basics like tell me about your biggest challenge in one of your last jobs, general questions about OOD as well as a few questions about where I wanted to go in my career and what excites me.

The follow up in person interview was with a manager and two developers.
    Asked to write a function on the whiteboard that would reverse a string in PHP.
    Asked what the difference between a hash table and an array.
    Asked basic OOD questions such as difference between abstract and interface classes.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really a difficult question, they seemed to expect you to know Java though even though it's a PHP position really.   Answer Question

Interview

I was contacted by one of the recruiters after I sent in my resume. The recruiter told me a little bit more about what they were looking for and asked me if I was still interested in the position. Unfortunately, my interpretation of what they were looking for was different from the position that the recruiter described, and, therefore, I told her I wasn't. There was no further communication after that.

Interview Questions

• As mentioned, I experienced more of an initial screening than an interview, so none of the questions the recruiter asked were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The hiring process and Interview was great. My phone interview went well, it lasted about 30 minutes. The second interivew I had was in person. It was a two person interview. I had to teach a lesson and write a lesson plan. At the end the asked several questions about how I would handle failing students, to showing up 30 minutes early to prepare my class for instruction.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student faling a test that caused them to be fired from there job.   Answer Question

Pa

Learning Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions (Wichita, KS) in August 2013.

Interview

The manager and Senior manager interview the prospective employee. Basic questions about the employee and his experience. Asking what does integrity mean, explain how you have improved a company process in the past.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They presented and offer, they will negotiate a little.

Variable Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Long - brutal. Several interviews (about 8 in total).

Interview Questions

• None - standard questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Offer was fair and fit for my current needs.

Boeing Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions (Seattle, WA) in July 2011.

Interview

The job interview was done over Skype, as it was an out-of-state interview (I was in Chicago, they were in Seattle). The manager I spoke with was extremely professional, and it was later conveyed to me that all potential employees will, most of the time, interview with who they'll be assigned to. Very impressive. I was asked about my professional resume first, then I was asked about my personnel preferences on company climate. I only interviewed with the one manager, and the experience was non-stressful and all the pros and cons were addressed and all of it was true upon working there. It was the best job interview I ever had.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I ever had to deal with an unruly student in the past, and how did I deal with that situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was handled by a representative from HR. I was asked what I thought was a fair wage, and I responded. The HR manager told me that was a bit high, but managed to bring me in at their wage maximum. My advice, don't be afraid to ask for what you want, they will undoubtedly work with you.