Intrexon Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intrexon

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Intrexon (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online, and got an email asking for a phone interview about 3 weeks later. Phone interview was very easy and enjoyable because the interviewer mostly cared about science, and that is something I love to talk about. A week later, I got invited for the on-site interview, which went extremely well as well. I gave a research talk, and had several 1:1 interviews. Everyone I talked to really cared about science, and was very enthusiastic about discussing the project with me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would improve this or that, but I researched the project beforehand and was prepared.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Interview

I applied to a recruiter. I got a call from the hiring manager and a week later from two other researchers from the team. I was called in to an Interview a week later and met with 7 other people in the team and gave a short presentation.

I was offered a position, but it was in a different location than what I had asked for so declined it.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intrexon (Blacksburg, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

Hiring process consisted of a phone screen, then brought down to Blacksburg for an interview. I rather enjoyed the discussion with the hiring manager, and three other technical guy. At the time, I was told that I'd be the first QA Engineer/Tester they had ever hired. That was a rather exciting idea at the time. The location was a good one. I was rather sold on the position. I felt that my experience and ideas would be valued with Intrexon.

Interview Questions

• What Best Practices do you use for testing?   1 Answer

After counter offering, I turned down the offer largely due to two reasons. One, benefits seemed to have higher deductibles than I was used to seeing so wanted to find a way to offset that initially. Secondly, while they were offering what appeared to be an opportunity at a reasonable bonus and 'stock options'. The inability to articulate how a tester, the first of his/her kind at their company would be rated for eligibility for said bonus compelled me to turn down the offer when they failed to come up high enough on the base salary.

Laboratory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intrexon (Blacksburg, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone then I was brought in for a 1:1 interview. I interviewed with 2 different people and then went on a tour of the lab.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intrexon in January 2010.

Interview

great people on interview circuit

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation