Intrexon

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Blacksburg, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Intrexon in August 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process consisted of a phone screen, then brought down to Blacksburg for an interview. I rather enjoyed the discussion with the hiring manager, and three other technical guy. At the time, I was told that I'd be the first QA Engineer/Tester they had ever hired. That was a rather exciting idea at the time. The location was a good one. I was rather sold on the position. I felt that my experience and ideas would be valued with Intrexon.

Interview Question – What Best Practices do you use for testing?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After counter offering, I turned down the offer largely due to two reasons. One, benefits seemed to have higher deductibles than I was used to seeing so wanted to find a way to offset that initially. Secondly, while they were offering what appeared to be an opportunity at a reasonable bonus and 'stock options'. The inability to articulate how a tester, the first of his/her kind at their company would be rated for eligibility for said bonus compelled me to turn down the offer when they failed to come up high enough on the base salary.

Laboratory Associate Interview

Laboratory Associate
Blacksburg, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intrexon in July 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed over the phone then I was brought in for a 1:1 interview. I interviewed with 2 different people and then went on a tour of the lab.

Interview Question – What challenges have you overcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Scientist Interview

Scientist

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intrexon in January 2010.

Interview Details – great people on interview circuit

Interview Question – do you work hard?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Intrexon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intrexon interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intrexon employees and interview candidates.