Intrexon Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intrexon

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blacksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Intrexon in August 2011.

Hiring process consisted of a phone screen, then brought down to Blacksburg for an interview. I rather enjoyed the discussion with the hiring manager, and three other technical guy. At the time, I was told that I'd be the first QA Engineer/Tester they had ever hired. That was a rather exciting idea at the time. The location was a good one. I was rather sold on the position. I felt that my experience and ideas would be valued with Intrexon.

Interview Questions
    • What Best Practices do you use for testing?   View Answer

After counter offering, I turned down the offer largely due to two reasons. One, benefits seemed to have higher deductibles than I was used to seeing so wanted to find a way to offset that initially. Secondly, while they were offering what appeared to be an opportunity at a reasonable bonus and 'stock options'. The inability to articulate how a tester, the first of his/her kind at their company would be rated for eligibility for said bonus compelled me to turn down the offer when they failed to come up high enough on the base salary.

Laboratory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blacksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intrexon in July 2010.

I interviewed over the phone then I was brought in for a 1:1 interview. I interviewed with 2 different people and then went on a tour of the lab.

I did not negotiate.

Scientist Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intrexon in January 2010.

great people on interview circuit

no negotiation

Worked for Intrexon? Contribute to the Community!