Intuit

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intuit in February 2013.

Interview Details – Completed detailed application online. Received an email within 2 days to set up initial screening interview. One on one telephone screening interview wanted to verify I had minimum qualifications and was willing to work nights and weekends for $18-$19/hour for remainder of tax season. Since tax season already started, bonus at end of season was up to $2,500 and if I didn't start in next week, would decrease to $1,000. After completing initial phone screening was sent a link to an online two part test. Part one tested my ability to research and answer relatively complex tax questions. Part two tested basic written grammar and communication skills. Test was timed - 1 hour for tax skills and 20 minutes for grammar skills. Next interview was another one on one phone interview and ran through some sample questions and tested ability to think on my feet, communication skills, and customer service attitude. Once passed this test was given an offer and wanted me to start within days after background checks and paperwork completed.

Interview Question – I was not prepared to be asked to work nights and weekends. They were only looking to fill shift work. It makes perfect sense that individuals prepare their taxes when they aren't working so call volumes would be highest during nights and weekends, but ads did not provide any indication that they were looking for night and weekend help.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided that all night and weekend shifts were not for me.

Ask A Tax Expert

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on Intuit's website for a seasonal position of "Ask A Tax Expert". Intuit contacted me after about three weeks and setup a phone screen. I was asked about my experience as a CPA and tax-preparer. I was asked about availability of at least 40 hours a week during tax season. Upon completion of screening I was asked to complete an online test that consisted of tax research and competency in grammar and communication. The test was an hour long and only a pass/fail possibility. No results were shown but I was contacted the next day to schedule a final interview. The interview was a phone interview conducted by team leader. The interview lasted for about an hour and 15 minutes and was mostly a casual conversation. The focus was on my communication skills and tax knowledge. I was presented with a couple of situations and had to conduct a "mock session" helping someone with tax questions. I thought I did well on the interview and had a very favourable opinion of the interviewer. I was contacted three days later and offered the position.

Interview Question – I was asked if I could help a client make sandwich?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. They offered a starting wage and that was it. I was not asked of my wage expectations (except on initial phone screen - I did not discuss it at that time).

Ask A Tax Expert

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – Very friendly, courteous and informative.

Reason for Declining – Offer too low

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!