Intuit

Relevance Date Difficulty

Information Security Analyst Interview

Information Security Analyst
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview lead to on-site interview (expenses paid).
Scheduling seemed to be an area of difficulty for HR; be flexible.
Be prepared to answer vague questions; attempt to answer in multiple ways.

Interview Question – Every question was vague, even when asked to be more specific.   View Answer

Group Manager SMB Interview

Group Manager SMB
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in September 2011.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews using STAR format. The interview was casual. Do not wear a suit or tie. You will feel extremely uncomfortable. They also stress that in the hiring process. Be prepared for 6-10 interviews before having an offer. Teleconference is likely as well. The process moves pretty quickly and the interviewers take the job very seriously. They were all well prepared and professional.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Diego, CA

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details – Use a Behavior based interview starting w/ standard character questions. Interviews usually are 3 - 4 hours and involve either several stakeholders and may include a panel. Interviews usually start with a general intro and basic soft ball questions... get progressively more difficult ...

Interview Question – Describe some of the best practices/strategies you use for Marketing data analysis and the different methodologies for devising marketing analysis plans.   Answer Question

Java Software Engineer Interview

Java Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuit in April 2014.

Interview Details – Technical and Behavior rounds
Initial 30 minutes technical interview with hiring manager.
Once its cleared one-one interview with 5 members.
Technical and Behavior questions mostly on Java, Spring, hibernate.

Concentrate on interview at EOD which matters.

Interview Question – Implement a solution using Hashmap   View Answer

Interaction Designer Interview

Interaction Designer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuit in April 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiter from Intuit contacted me from LinkedIn through email. We talked on the phone in a week and the conversation went well. She said she will set up a phone screen with me and the team leader, I followed up with her for the phone interview schedule and have not heard back from her ever since.

Interview Question – I don't remember since it's been a while.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met with a HR Recruiter at a Job fair for my college and had a fantastic conversation. I was told that I would receive a phone call within two weeks. Got my phone call, scheduled a one hour phone interview; the first half was behavioral and the second was technical. During the technical interview I was asked any specific coding questions, but rather to follow and answer questions as the interviewer built up a larger software idea.

Interview Question – The entire behavioral interview was rather difficult as I have had very interviews like it.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Menlo Park, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. They responded after 2 or 3 weeks. The recruiter was great. He was very friendly but gave me all the information i wanted without stalling. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. They got back to me after 3 or 4 days asking for my availability for face to face rounds. The second round interviews were all pair programming sessions and they asked some other technical questions.

Interview Question – Didn't find anything difficult but they did ask some architectural questions which i didn't answer well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't have to negotiate. The package was much better than i expected even when they knew my current salary which was considerably lower.

Director of Product Management Interview

Director of Product Management
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in January 2010.

Interview Details – Agrressive recruiters that do an outstanding job to get you in. What they tell you and promise you on the outside is very different from what you will experience once you start. Interview process is pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – Standard questions and nothing I hadn't heard before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not hard at all. They compensate very well.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intuit in January 2014.

Interview Details – Straightforward interview process. Starts with a call from the recruiter (30 minutes), then hiring manager call (45 minutes - 1 hour), 4-5 hour on site interview. They use the star method - mainly behavioral questions.

As another person mentioned.....ITS REALLY ANNOYING THAT YOUR RECRUITERS ON NON-RESPONSIVE. This is the most unprofessional company I have worked with. Weeks went by with no reply to emails. If you're looking for a company who keeps its candidates in the dark and waste their time then this is the company for you.

Otherwise I recommend applying to other companies who have a better recruiting system in place and who know how to behave in a professional manner.

Come on Intuit, get it together. Your recruiters suck.

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in January 2014.

Interview Details – Process took about 3-4 weeks. Process involved initial phone screens with recruiter, hiring manager followed by onsite interview with a team of 5 interviewers - hiring manager, couple of product managers, marketing and engineering reps.

Interviewers were fairly professional. Intuits interviews tend to be mostly behavioral in nature tending towards the type of how would you respond in a particular situation? what is your approach in xyz scenario? Felt that there was an emphasis on going lean too. The engineering lead was specifically probing on areas around lean product development. Nothing technical involved. This is ideal for a PM generalist. It did seem that they had an interesting approach to product management where customers are engaged fairly intimately with the product design and development process.

Biggest gripe was with the recruiter. No communication after weeks from the onsite interview and i see the same position reposted too on their site. Even if the decision is obvious, it fairly reflects their lack of professionalism and that is consistent with similar experiences from other candidates in this forum.

Interview Question – Laborius STAR format questions - tell me about a time when X happened resulting in Y and you did Z to resolve that? same format to themes like conflict resolution, removing roadblocks, favorite consumer product, biggest challenge and etc. etc....interviewees should have the following nailed down :
1) why intuit and this role?
2) why leave you current role?
3) what are you looking for in your next role?
  Answer Question

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!