Intuit

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Mountain View, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very long interview process.
Scheduled to see 6 people over about 6 hours.
One person did not show up for their scheduled interview slot, so I spent 2 hours with the same person - awkward - staring at each other in nervous semi-silence, friendly chit chat for 2 hours.
Last interviewer expressed her belief that she would not have a job in 6 months. Was that a trick question? I don't know, but made for a strange experience. She seemed very unhappy in her position.

Interview Question – Tell me a story about a time you presented an idea and it had a negative outcome.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuit in January 2008.

Interview Details – Pretty normal. 1 hr phone interview, then on campus personal interview. Travel, hotel, food paid for. Interviewed by 4 different people 45 minutes each. Got the offer 4 days after personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Question to find bugs in a java program. They had the java program printed out on a paper. I had to find both compiler errors and run time errors. I was given 5 minutes for that task.   Answer Question
  • Had to explain my previous project by drawing class diagrams and a bunch UML diagrams.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are pretty rigid. No room for negotiating. YMMV.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in November 2011.

Interview Details – They scheduled an initial phone screen, then another, then two in person, then finally one last phone screen, then a rejection with no feedback. They were nice but I felt like I was being led on. The questions weren't hard (basic knowledge of programming/behavioral questions) but it seemed like a lot of positive feedback was given for an ultimate rejection.

Interview Questions

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!