Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit.

I was asked to an on-campus interview during a university job fair. It was a two-stage interview with a behavioral interview component and a technical interview component. Each component was in a different room and with a different person, and they likely compared notes on candidates at the end.

Interview Questions
    • The questions seemed standard but it seemed like they were looking for certain types of answers in response to the behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

Contacted by recruited after meeting at career fair. Two round interview process. First round is HR with behavioral questions. Second round was technical interview. Behavioral interview was team building and more of situation type questions. Technical was completely on Data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot disclose questions. Data structures and algorithms.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit.

It was pretty cool. I submitted my resume at college/university career fair and I was asked to appear for an interview the very next day. Interview had two rounds - behavioral and technical (each 20 minutes). Both the interviewers were cool and were asking questions on my resume. I will recommend students to go through their resume thoroughly and be prepared to answer what they have written. Apart from basic resume questions - I had some questions from data structures, threads, inheritance, and basic OOPS concept. Currently, I am waiting for the results.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior questions were pretty unexpected so I will definitely recommend to be prepared on that front also.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

tech, marketing product management interviewees. Each interview is normall one hour and it culminates with a director interviewing you. It goes very smooth and doesn't require much time. They are pretty professional about getting things moving quickly too.

pretty smooth

RDP - PMM Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intuit.

Was very fluid. Got interviewed right away (about a week after sending resume through to recruiter). Interviewed with two marketing managers. Asked questions dealing with product promotion and strategy. Overall enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to market a product on campus, how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

Great interview experience. Recruiting was very responsive and kept me updated. Interviews were 2 rounds with 6 people. The people were smart and nice to talk to. Each interviewer had specific areas to probe so I didn't have to hear the same type of question. I got an offer soon after the final interviews and most of the interviewers sent an email to congratulate me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to convince senior executives on your idea.   Answer Question

Dev Ops Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit.

Interview went good at beginning. Interview was scheduled with 7 people. Each person had a specific role, where one seemed to be more personality structured, one technical, one general, others in between. Had a full day of interviews, all of them on the same day. One was a lunch interview and the onsite cafeteria was a bit noisy and it was hard hearing the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about one policy that you affected a change and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Hired through a staffing agency. Interviewed by a panel of 3 (2 managers, 1 team lead). All were very warm, asked me about my experience. Told me about the role I was expected to do, asked if I foresaw any problems with the tasks. Interview over.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. Negotiated on behalf of me by my staffing agent.

Tax Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

This was one of the most fun and interesting interviews I've ever had. It was a phone interview with 2 managers. Besides the personal chit chat, the interview was broken down into three parts.
    Review of the Position: Managers spoke about the difference between tax advice and tax information.
    Questions about experience: How you handle irate clients on the telephone. Describe tax experience.
    Role play: Using TurboTax website, look up answers to common client issues.

Overall, the interview was moderately easy. The managers I spoke with where personable and easy to talk to. They seem to enjoy their job and that's always a good sign.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your tax experience both paid and unpaid.   View Answer
    Seems like they have a set salary schedule. I was offered a step above base pay, which worked for me. I didn't really negotiate anything.

Tax Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

The process took a little over a week. Once I applied for the position and completed the original assessment I received a call the next day to schedule the first phone interview with the actual interviewer. The first interview was quite pleasant and we connected quickly. She asked some behavioral based questions about what I would do in this situation or what steps did I take in a past situation. I advised the her that I worked for Intuit through a third party vendor in a similar role and I used my experiences from this situation to answer the questions. The interviewer passed me to the next stage of the interview process which was another assessment. Once I completed the second assessment, I received a phone call from a Talent Acquisition Specialist to schedule and interview with two hiring managers. This interview took place on the next business day, which was a Monday, and I was required to dial into a conference bridge. I dialed into the conference about five minutes early to ensure punctuality. Immediately, the main interviewer asked questions about my most recent work experience and her qualms about how that position would fit in with this one. Next, she discussed more about the role and what the task entailed. She emphasized that they wanted someone who knew about tax and I advised her that I work in a similar role. She informed me that there were many changes since I worked with Intuit. I was asked behavioral questions by both managers such as how did I handle an irate customers and how would I walk a customer's through a troubleshooting a non-responsive printer. Lastly, I performed two role plays using the help tool on the website. I advised the managers in the mock scenarios of the policies on adding a w-2 after the customer filed their return and what to do with the information in box 12 with a code dd. I could sense that one of the hiring managers was not in favor of me from the beginning of the conference call. Her tone was monotone the whole time. The other hiring manager was very pleasant but she didn't speak as much. After I asked the question below and was given the answer from the hiring manager that did majority of the speaking, I knew that I did not pass this interview. I received an email the next day informing me that they chose to go with other candidates were a better fit.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked by the hiring managers were typical behavioral based questions and weren't that difficult. When it was my turn to ask questions, I asked the hiring managers what is their ideal candidate and about the training, questions that I've asked in the past and is recommended to ask on an interview.   View Answer