Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intuit.

Interview

1/2 hour technical, 1/2 hour HR. expectations and requirements are very low. they are not really trying to attract top talent because top talent probably won't go....why do i have to write 50 words minimum? this is all i remember, the interview was really short, hired right away, recruiters were really lax about start dates.

Interview Questions

• fibonacci runtime, sorting algs   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Met with campus recruiting team at the career fair and attended the follow-up info session.

Received an in-person interview at my college career center and was invited to do an on-site interview at the Intuit headquarters with the rest of the candidates for the Rotational Development Program Associates.

Met with 3 different people, one person was dedicated to a case study, and chatted with people involved with the program during the happy hour.

Happy hour was definitely another opportunity to network and develop relationships with existing rotational associates and hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Case Study - this was submitted by existing rotational associates so can change every year.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with hiring manager, went fine. 3 days later, received an email from the onsite team to coordinate travel without ever speaking to HR. After speaking with HR, received an email on the case study I was expected to present to CTG (TurboTax) leadership. On day of interview, I presented my case recommendations in the first hour and was immediately told they do not wish to proceed with my candidacy due to not being an "Awesome Product Leader" and told to leave the property.

They asked me to travel 8 hrs only to reject me in the first 38 minutes on the interview day? Terribly unprofessional and a waste of money for the company. Would never consider interviewing at Intuit TurboTax in San Diego ever again.

Small Business Sales Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit (Fredericksburg, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very fast and very straight forward. The process began with contact from a recruiter to gauge my interest and a link to apply for the position and also an assessment to complete. After applying and taking the assessment I did a phone screening with HR to go over my background and qualifications and learn more about the company and the position. I was then scheduled to do a F2F interview. I met with two sales managers who were very laid back and down to earth which made the interview seem more like a conversation as opposed to an interview. We mostly discussed my background and some very general technological questions. I also had to do a sales role play at the end which was not as bad as it may sound and was quite easy for a seasoned sales person such as myself. I received a call back from HR 2/3 days later to make an offer. I countered and 2 days later they called me back to accept my counter. This was a very friendly and transparent experience.

Interview Questions

• A few STAR questions (2-3) where you give an example of a situation and how you responded. The majority of the discussion was about my background/experience, passion for technology, why Intuit, and a very un-stressful sales role-play.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intuit in June 2015.

Interview

My interview was with the department head over in Virginia. It was really fun and challenging at the same time. The questions were fairly standard, no trick questions really, it was more to find out what your thought process is and how you think on your feet, so to speak.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when the company you worked for made a decision that you didn't agree with and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

- Applied online
    - Contacted by recruiter 2 weeks later
    - Had 45 min phone screen with team member; went over resume, discussed technical and non-technical topics; some technical questions about web technologies and languages and frameworks.
    - Had a half day onsite; interviewed with manager and 4 engineers; questions included past work exp, challenges, things learned, programming experience, concepts, design patterns, various technical questions;

Interview Questions

• 1. mvc and other design patterns and implementation details; pros and cons of approaches taken. traversal of arrays, optimization, O-analysis, lists (search, removal), trees (search, traversal, removal, deletion), hashmaps; you will be well prepared if you study "Programming Interviews Exposed" and "Cracking the Coding Interview". All questions are designed to see if you are fundamentally sound.
      2. web app optimization and debugging; scenarios, challenges, approach / resolution, rendering time, basics of http, javascript internals, single threaded model, etc. All are questions designed to see if your skills and experience match what they need to hire for.
      3. behavioral, personality, cultural fit, challenges, achievements, motivation, interests; All are questions designed to see if you are going to work well with the people there.

Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite involved, in total I went through 7 interviews before being rejected. See the process below:

#1 - Recruiter Interview
    #2 - Hiring Manager Interview
    #3 - Peer Interview
    #4 - Subordinate Interview
    #5 - Subordinate Interview
    #6 - Manager Interview
    #7 - Hiring Manager 2nd Interview

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions. Focused on leadership, working cross functionally, and interest in the company and the position. I had several rounds of interviews both on the phone and in person. Once my final interview was completed, HR acted very quickly with the offer. The onboarding process was also very smooth and I was provided all the necessary new hire information on my first day

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where you worked cross-functionally and had to convince a business partner to move forward with your recommendation?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter found a relative on LinkedIn. Relative was already working on a contract so they referred me. Contacted recruiter and had interview on phone for 30 minutes. Recruiter was unorganized but friendly. Took 3 weeks to hear back again. Upon follow up I asked if I could answer anything else and confirmed my interest in the position , they sent me a list of 5 questions to answer by email. 2 weeks later I was confirmed for a second round of phone calls with the hiring manager .

Interview Questions

• Customer experience success in call centers using big data tools   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Intuit in April 2015.

Interview

A complete BS from start to end. Highly unprofessional people all around! Hiring managers did not even have stellar resumes or attitudes themselves. HR was highly unresponsive and unprofessional. If they are so horrible when they are recruiting, I cannot imagine how much it must stink to work there.