Intuit

Getting the Interview

289 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Legal Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in February 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted resume via Intuit's online job portal and received and e-mail within a week. Had the initial 30 minute HR screening interview a few days later, and another 30 minute substantive phone interview with the team leader about a week after that. Still haven't heard back about the next step, which I assume is a more thorough on-site screening.

Interview Question – Both screenings were fairly straightforward, nothing out of the ordinary. Talked about my current position and why I was interested in transitioning.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details – 2 part interview. One was technical, one was behavioral. Technical was some basic java questions, like keywords, inheritence, etc. Behavioral was about experience working with people and how to deal with issues. I didn't get an offer, but overall it was a good experience. Interviewers were friendly and communication was clear.

Interview Questions

Product Development - RDP Associate Interview

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details – Phone interview.

Interview Question – Lots of Java questions and data structures.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – Intuit interview process starts off with simple tech and behavior test; that test your first step actually getting interview. Once you're in the interview the interviewing person uses a STARs approach to ask questions. These questions arrange from how you handle certain situations in the office to how you assisting customers.

Interview Question – There wasn't any particular question that was difficult.   Answer Question

Product Manager Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – Very straightforward and standard interview process with all of the normal questions. Quite frankly, I'd expect more 'innovative' and interesting questions from a tech company past the basic strength and weakness questions.

The one frustration I had was dealing with the HR contact. She was inconsistent and hard to get through to.

Interview Question – All questions were fairly standard   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intuit in October 2012.

Interview Details – I got an interview because I already worked as a contractor for the company and was already partially doing the job. I had to interview with 5 different people, all in one visit, and the interviews were fairly standard. Since I already knew many of the interviewers, it was easier, but the people who do the interviewing here are pretty easygoing anyway. If you do get an interview with Intuit, make sure you research the company values. They are a BIG deal and a huge part of the hiring process. Also, know that for many jobs you must take a personality assessment and a basic listening/writing comprehension test that many people don't pass, so don't be too upset if you don't make it through that stage.

Interview Question – Tell me which of the Intuit values you consider most important and why.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because the terms that they offered me were more than acceptable. I signed my offer, and started less than a week later.

Product Management Interview

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details – I have been using their product for a while now and have heard a lot of good things about the company but the recruiting process is really infuriating. HR and the recruiting team should understand that they are the Intuit frontier. The way they treat their candidates is nothing shy of saying “we enjoy wasting your time and talent”. It really baffles me to think that a company whose very roots and principles are based on customer focussed approach falls short on providing that mediocre experience (forget unexceptional) that an interviewing candidate deserves.

Here’s a snapshot of what I had to go through:

The recruiter called me and literally sold me on the position which is one level below of my current designation. Recruiter connected with me on an interpersonal level talking about a great work life balance and super nice people. Makes you wanna think — Intuit, ooh dream company. Right? Read up.

After our talk I was really impressed and excited. So I decided to go for it. Recruiter set up a call with the hiring manager within a week. Call went well and was asked to come on site for a in-person. I sent a couple of emails to the recruiter with my availability and didn’t receive any response until two weeks after. When I received an email, it was to come for an onsite interview for 5 hours the next day. Obviously I had to say no.

One week after that I was scheduled for an onsite. The night before and the day of the interview I kid you not, the timing and interview panel changed on me like 4 times. In the three weeks that I was waiting for the recruiter to schedule an onsite, I had asked for white-papers/company product blogs that I should look into. No response at all.

Day of the interview – met with the team. All great people. Got a really good vibe. I think the interview went well on both ends. The reason I can say this is because I was asked for references the next day and that usually is a good sign based on my past experience. Provided the references to which the recruiter replied right away like three times. A week goes by and no word. Then I am asked to meet with a few other folks on the team for an in-person. Once that was scheduled, I filed for a half-day from work. Now the night before, the recruiter sends me an email that the interview is canceled and that the recruiter will reach out to me shortly.

It’s been more than a month (5 weeks) now since I have received any emails/calls from the recruiter. I have a sent follow up emails but haven’t heard anything back yet. Wait — couple weeks ago recruiter called me and left a message asking for a call back. I called back a couple times, left messages but no reply. So it’s been 3 weeks since then but overall 5 weeks since I have had any correspondence with Intuit.

So at this point, I take it as maybe I wasn’t the right fit for the role and MAYBE (I hope) this was an INTUITIVE APPROACH (pun intended) that Intuit took to update candidates.
Everyone in the valley understands if there is a good fit or not but wasting a candidates time by going to such lengths is really pathetic. I really hope that the recruiting is looking at these valuable reviews and helping build the right processes to be followed.

Interview Question – Not really difficult but the scenario questions tend to take a toll on you after a few hours   Answer Question

Director of Product Management Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in January 2010.

Interview Details – Agrressive recruiters that do an outstanding job to get you in. What they tell you and promise you on the outside is very different from what you will experience once you start. Interview process is pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – Standard questions and nothing I hadn't heard before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not hard at all. They compensate very well.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Intuit in February 2014.

Interview Details – As pointed out by at least a few people here the interview process and subsequent feedback for this company leaves a lot to be desired. In fact I am just going to copy and paste what one fellow interviewee wrote for my same exact role:

"As another person mentioned.....ITS REALLY ANNOYING THAT YOUR RECRUITERS ON NON-RESPONSIVE. This is the most unprofessional company I have worked with. Weeks went by with no reply to emails. If you're looking for a company who keeps its candidates in the dark and waste their time then this is the company for you.

Otherwise I recommend applying to other companies who have a better recruiting system in place and who know how to behave in a professional manner.

Come on Intuit, get it together. Your recruiters suck."

As a matter of fact its been a few weeks and I have already started with another job. I never received any response response back from the recruiters. Apparently it is very difficult to email YES or NO or WAIT A FEW DAYS. I dont even know the interview outcome to record here. Its basically like calling and emailing a blackhole.

Interview Question – Questions were not really difficult. Very standard behavioral questions and a light business case. I am not even sure how they distinguish between different candidates with such simple questions.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intuit in January 2014.

Interview Details – Straightforward interview process. Starts with a call from the recruiter (30 minutes), then hiring manager call (45 minutes - 1 hour), 4-5 hour on site interview. They use the star method - mainly behavioral questions.

Come on Intuit, get it together. Your recruiters suck.

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intuit

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!

Intuit Videos

Intuit – Why Work for Us?

If you're ready to create, innovate and be part of something big, then you've come to the right place. Our passion for innovation allows us to take risks and try new, ingenious ways to help our customers achieve their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intuit interview questions and advice. All 289 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intuit employees and interview candidates.