Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

Intern Interview

Gave one day notice about interview, but they were accommodating with times. They made it seem like it would be laptop coding but it was all on the whiteboard. They told me results within a week of the interview with constructive feedback.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intuit.

Initially 30-40 minutes of phone screening and then onsite interview. I did not pass the phone interview, the interview took about 15 minutes because I felt that he was not fulfilled with my answers. The interviewer did not ask me questions like tell me a bit about your background or why would you want to work for intuit.. It seemed strictly business like and the interviewer just listened to my answers without any comment making it difficult to comprehend whether I got them right or wrong.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of difficulties have you observed when performing cross browser testing?   View Answer
    • What's the difference between interface and abstract class?   View Answer
    • Have you ever faced a situation where you foresaw a possible bug which a developer will introduce and warn him/her beforehand, if yes, please explain..   View Answer
    • Have you identified certain risks while testing?   View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

I will say that the face to face interviews were great. All five people that I interviewed with had clearly looked over my resume and prepared well.

The recruiter, however was terrible. Her follow up was horrible. It would take me following up via email with her again and again in order for her to respond to my initial questions. She made me feel from the start that I was wasting her time. She was cordial enough - except when she told me that she would not keep me in mind for any other positions that come up that I might be well-suited for. She told me she could say she intended to, but she wouldn't.

My experience with the recruiter left a very bad taste.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intuit.

Met at a career fair on my campus and was immediately told I would receive a follow up on campus interview. During the interview I was mostly asked coding questions about data structures such as trees and heaps and string parsing, which had to be performed on a white board.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function to implement parseInt functionality from Integer class in java; i.e. a function that takes a string as input and converts it into an integer

Questions on BST insertion

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit in March 2015.

Two 30-minute interviews. First was behavioral, typical questions about projects and stuff you like to do. I also got tossed some higher level design questions like how to represent a family tree programmatically, and then to describe various cases. The second part was Java-heavy, describe differences in keywords, do some structure manipulation.

When I finished after being told I answered everything right, I was told my major made my design views not in line with typical engineers. I disagreed and asked for a chance to prove myself. They called in a manager, asked another question, and kept adding restraints until I couldn't solve it anymore. At this point, I felt like they weren't interested at all and were just making the problem harder to push me out of the interview.

I got an arrogant vibe from the technical interviewer, not the first time from what I've heard from Intuit. Their higher ups were very pleasant, but they were unable to give me a clear reason as to why I couldn't move on.

Interview Questions
    • Remove an item from a singly linked list. Next: do it with no additional memory usage   View Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in March 2015.

First I talked to the university recruiter, then one technical phone screen with fairly basic programming questions (i was asked fizzbuzz) and some behavioral questions. It was pretty casual and seemed mostly focused on making sure you aren't a schmuck. Then one onsite interview with 3 engineers that was a mix of behavioral and slightly harder technical questions (Fibonacci and its big o). Again it was pretty casual, they wanted to get to know you ask you about the projects you've worked on, what you are interested in, etc. and give you the chance to ask them anything you wanted. make sure to have questions to ask them, because its supposed to be more of a group conversation than them grilling you, and pay attention when they're talking so your questions arent generic.

Interview Questions
    • given a time, find the angle between the minute hand and hour hand for that time on an analog clock.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Intuit.

“Phone Interview and Interview at Plano TX location. Interview over the phone was good. recruiters were knowledgeable. Interview at Plano location with two directors who recently joined Intuit. The first director asked Management consulting type question like profit estimation. The other director was more into the product management and discussed in depth my experience. Got a feeling that they were not sure if it was Product Manger interview or consultant or were they looking for a Product Manager with IT skills etc. My opinion is that they were confused and I was not very impressed with their directors.

Interview Questions
    • General or Management consulting type. Depending on what their previous experience is   Answer Question

Tax Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intuit in February 2015.

The hiring process is done in phases.
    Phase 1
    You apply on their website for the position and then you complete a preliminary assessment test. If you pass the assessment test then your application is in the pool for consideration by a recruiter.

Phase 2
    A recruiter email you to schedule an informal telephone interview with them. Don't worry it is a very short and direct interview. The recruiter will ask you to tell them what is your understanding regarding the position. And then if she sees you compatible she will move you forward to the interview with the Hiring Manager.

Phase 3
    For the interview you have to call in to a conference call and you maybe interviewed by one or two managers. I interviewed with one person and personally it was the best interview I have ever experienced. You can really tell that the Manager enjoyed his work and the company. I was asked some general situation based questions, some tax related terminology, and then a role play where you had to use your research skills to find the answer.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time that you had to manage an irate customer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

It was a phone interview. Basically, they just went over my resume and talked about my experiences in multiple aspects. They went for details, even technique methodology details. It sounded positive all the way. The interviewer was nice but somehow the way he is talking made his voice not very clear during the phone.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intuit in February 2015.

Short phone interview with recruiter, basic customer service and technical support questions.
    Next interview with hiring manager, about 30 minutes, role play in the position, some light customer service, technical support questions

Interview Questions
    • Role play was to instruct customer how to build a kite with online resources and tools.   View Answer
    • You also had to be in front of your computer, as your research skills were being tested.   Answer Question