Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

1. Phone screening with the recruiter 2. Phone screening with the hiring manager 3. In person interview that consisted of delivering a presentation about me (personal and professional), followed by a business case and two-on-one or one-on-one interviews 4. Recruiter followed up with very positive feedback 5. No offer The process was very well coordinated overall. However, I felt that the two-on-one interviews were horrible. They did not seem familiar with my resume, and the man interviewing somewhat attacked my background and asked questions that I had already answered in the group setting (guess he wasn't listening). It really left a bad taste in my mouth and I questioned if I would enjoy working with him. The recruiter was also VERY positive - almost to the point of it being misleading, so watch out for that.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to review a current business issue and provide recommendations   Answer Question

Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA).

Interview

My process started with a couple of calls from the recruiter for initial screening and to schedule next steps. Next, I had a phone interview with one of the team leads. About 1-2 weeks later, I went in for a portfolio review with multiple team members; one-on-one interview with director; and small-group design exercise (all completed in one day, about 4-5 hours total). Overall, the process was very organized and thorough/detailed. The interviewers were all extremely discerning, and it was obvious they were looking for a very strong, specific fit for the role, team and company. My recruiter was wonderful, engaged and extremely helpful throughout the entire process, from the first call until my first day on the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you typically react when people on your team don't agree with your design recommendations?   Answer Question

Tax Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Remote, OR).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me to ask a few simple questions and describe the duties of the job. She seemed to emphasize back to back calls for your entire shift. After discussing the job she said after the managers sorted through the resumes I may be contacted to set up interview but needed to take assessment first. Assessment was easy, tax questions and grammer. Later I got contacted by 2 managers and spent the majority of the time in a mock session. The questions were not difficult but the situations were very humorous which almost made it not feel as serious and real. The interviewer was pleasant but kept hammering me which made me a little bit anxious. I felt that I bombed it in the end.

Interview Questions

• How to handle upset customer and other questions that seemed a bit inappropriate.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Sometimes group interviews can be awkward when only one person is talking. This group interview, casual and relaxing conversation with everyone participating. A cross section from different departments participated since the position required managing technical projects in the different work groups and departments.

Interview Questions

• Situational based questioning to determine how problems or issues were resolved and what actions were taken. Interactive questioning throughout the process but not leading. Interviewers used a scoring matrix that covered different elements of the position requirements.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

I was contacted by the Recruiter to talk about available openings and if there was anything that might be a match with my experience. The Recruiter was AMAZING. I've dealt with many and this one ranks in the top 3. Had a phone screen with the Hiring Manager that lasted 30 minutes (not near enough time to really determine whether this was a good fit either way. Was asked to come in for face to face interviews totaling 3+ hours. I was given a Case Study to review and was asked to create key take-aways and present my findings for the face to face interview. I presented the case and the team decided afterwards that I was not a right fit for the position so I didn't finish the interview process. They were gracious in telling me I wasn't the right fit, but I would have preferred not to waste my time or theirs (I spent 5 hours prepping the study) prior to the face to face interview. They need to do a better job of pre-screening candidates before they ask them to commit the time to the Case Study preparation. The marketing positions at Intuit are almost exclusively 'technical' positions so creative marketers: look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Most questions in the first portion of the interview were related to the Case Study and my findings or recommendations. I was asked to prepare to talk about a favorite past project (for 10 minutes) and then present the study. They throw curve balls at you during the Case Study so be prepared to "flex", i.e. the terms of the Case have changed (new focus, new budget, etc.). Evidently flexing and changing priorities is something they do often and they want to make sure you are a cultural fit.   Answer Question

App Ops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

It was a telephonic round with hiring manger and then a face to face in person interview with a few team members. It was a good discussion about the work the team is responsible for and about the work I have done in the past.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

1/2 hour technical, 1/2 hour HR. expectations and requirements are very low. they are not really trying to attract top talent because top talent probably won't go....why do i have to write 50 words minimum? this is all i remember, the interview was really short, hired right away, recruiters were really lax about start dates.

Interview Questions

• fibonacci runtime, sorting algs   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Met with campus recruiting team at the career fair and attended the follow-up info session. Received an in-person interview at my college career center and was invited to do an on-site interview at the Intuit headquarters with the rest of the candidates for the Rotational Development Program Associates. Met with 3 different people, one person was dedicated to a case study, and chatted with people involved with the program during the happy hour. Happy hour was definitely another opportunity to network and develop relationships with existing rotational associates and hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Case Study - this was submitted by existing rotational associates so can change every year.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with hiring manager, went fine. 3 days later, received an email from the onsite team to coordinate travel without ever speaking to HR. After speaking with HR, received an email on the case study I was expected to present to CTG (TurboTax) leadership. On day of interview, I presented my case recommendations in the first hour and was immediately told they do not wish to proceed with my candidacy due to not being an "Awesome Product Leader" and told to leave the property. They asked me to travel 8 hrs only to reject me in the first 38 minutes on the interview day? Terribly unprofessional and a waste of money for the company. Would never consider interviewing at Intuit TurboTax in San Diego ever again.

Small Business Sales Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Fredericksburg, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very fast and very straight forward. The process began with contact from a recruiter to gauge my interest and a link to apply for the position and also an assessment to complete. After applying and taking the assessment I did a phone screening with HR to go over my background and qualifications and learn more about the company and the position. I was then scheduled to do a F2F interview. I met with two sales managers who were very laid back and down to earth which made the interview seem more like a conversation as opposed to an interview. We mostly discussed my background and some very general technological questions. I also had to do a sales role play at the end which was not as bad as it may sound and was quite easy for a seasoned sales person such as myself. I received a call back from HR 2/3 days later to make an offer. I countered and 2 days later they called me back to accept my counter. This was a very friendly and transparent experience.

Interview Questions

• A few STAR questions (2-3) where you give an example of a situation and how you responded. The majority of the discussion was about my background/experience, passion for technology, why Intuit, and a very un-stressful sales role-play.   Answer Question