Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

App Ops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

It was a telephonic round with hiring manger and then a face to face in person interview with a few team members. It was a good discussion about the work the team is responsible for and about the work I have done in the past.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intuit.

Interview

1/2 hour technical, 1/2 hour HR. expectations and requirements are very low. they are not really trying to attract top talent because top talent probably won't go....why do i have to write 50 words minimum? this is all i remember, the interview was really short, hired right away, recruiters were really lax about start dates.

Interview Questions

• fibonacci runtime, sorting algs   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Met with campus recruiting team at the career fair and attended the follow-up info session. Received an in-person interview at my college career center and was invited to do an on-site interview at the Intuit headquarters with the rest of the candidates for the Rotational Development Program Associates. Met with 3 different people, one person was dedicated to a case study, and chatted with people involved with the program during the happy hour. Happy hour was definitely another opportunity to network and develop relationships with existing rotational associates and hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Case Study - this was submitted by existing rotational associates so can change every year.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with hiring manager, went fine. 3 days later, received an email from the onsite team to coordinate travel without ever speaking to HR. After speaking with HR, received an email on the case study I was expected to present to CTG (TurboTax) leadership. On day of interview, I presented my case recommendations in the first hour and was immediately told they do not wish to proceed with my candidacy due to not being an "Awesome Product Leader" and told to leave the property. They asked me to travel 8 hrs only to reject me in the first 38 minutes on the interview day? Terribly unprofessional and a waste of money for the company. Would never consider interviewing at Intuit TurboTax in San Diego ever again.

Small Business Sales Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit (Fredericksburg, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very fast and very straight forward. The process began with contact from a recruiter to gauge my interest and a link to apply for the position and also an assessment to complete. After applying and taking the assessment I did a phone screening with HR to go over my background and qualifications and learn more about the company and the position. I was then scheduled to do a F2F interview. I met with two sales managers who were very laid back and down to earth which made the interview seem more like a conversation as opposed to an interview. We mostly discussed my background and some very general technological questions. I also had to do a sales role play at the end which was not as bad as it may sound and was quite easy for a seasoned sales person such as myself. I received a call back from HR 2/3 days later to make an offer. I countered and 2 days later they called me back to accept my counter. This was a very friendly and transparent experience.

Interview Questions

• A few STAR questions (2-3) where you give an example of a situation and how you responded. The majority of the discussion was about my background/experience, passion for technology, why Intuit, and a very un-stressful sales role-play.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intuit in June 2015.

Interview

Several calls from recruiting firm followed by 3 rounds of phone interviews. -First interview was just a brief introduction too assess my customer service skills, that i easily passed. -Second phone interview was with a hiring manager who asked basic scenario questions and was just gauging my overall attitude. -Third interview was with a desktop support engineer and this was a technical screening. Which i nailed since i have 9 years of IT experience. He was impressed with my skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly drawn out process - but organized, and my recruiter was very good with communication. All of the people I interacted with were personable and welcoming. The interview process itself went as follows: 1. Phone screen w/recruiter 2. Hiring Manager (phone) 3. Peer Interview (phone) 4. In person interview consisting of - 75 minute presentation, a 2x1 interview, and 2 separate 1x1 interviews. The only thing I would say I was frustrated with was during all of the in person interviews - there weren't very many formal questions asked. It was very informal (which is great, and relaxing) but there was more emphasis placed on me asking them questions than them asking me questions. And then also the fact that the reason for not getting an offer was lack of experience and specific skills.... when my experience and skills was already covered in prior phone interviews. So that part was difficult. Overall, still a great company and I learned a lot from the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure success of a PM system without using metrics?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intuit in June 2015.

Interview

My interview was with the department head over in Virginia. It was really fun and challenging at the same time. The questions were fairly standard, no trick questions really, it was more to find out what your thought process is and how you think on your feet, so to speak.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when the company you worked for made a decision that you didn't agree with and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

- Applied online - Contacted by recruiter 2 weeks later - Had 45 min phone screen with team member; went over resume, discussed technical and non-technical topics; some technical questions about web technologies and languages and frameworks. - Had a half day onsite; interviewed with manager and 4 engineers; questions included past work exp, challenges, things learned, programming experience, concepts, design patterns, various technical questions;

Interview Questions

• 1. mvc and other design patterns and implementation details; pros and cons of approaches taken. traversal of arrays, optimization, O-analysis, lists (search, removal), trees (search, traversal, removal, deletion), hashmaps; you will be well prepared if you study "Programming Interviews Exposed" and "Cracking the Coding Interview". All questions are designed to see if you are fundamentally sound. 2. web app optimization and debugging; scenarios, challenges, approach / resolution, rendering time, basics of http, javascript internals, single threaded model, etc. All are questions designed to see if your skills and experience match what they need to hire for. 3. behavioral, personality, cultural fit, challenges, achievements, motivation, interests; All are questions designed to see if you are going to work well with the people there.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It took 3 months for the recruiter to finally call to set up an on-site interview, after having passed the initial phone screening and SQL skills test. I was also initially told that I was going to interview for a different position. Only after receiving the interview schedule, I realized the different job title which I was way overqualified for. However, I was told not to worry about it. The interviewers seemed very distracted, not everyone attend to the presentation part which they were supposed to attend. One interviewer even seemed to look at my resume for the first time. Also, some of the interviewers asked the exact same questions right after another. Another disturbing point was how the interviewers contradicted themselves and each other, a further evidence to their inconsistency. Another pattern in the Analytics team is a lot of people seem to have worked at the same companies previously, and love to hire people they already know. The interviewers were kind of rude, too, not really telling me about the next steps, nor giving me their business cards. Also, even though I was told I should hear back in 2 days, it took them 2 weeks to get back to me. The recruiter even offered a feedback which was a complete BS, as that contradicted a lot of things they said about my positive performance during the interview. If what they said was true, I could have not had any of the jobs I had nor the academic accomplishments. It was literally an insult!!! Intuit management should have a better handle of the unprofessionalism of their recruiters and hiring managers, as WOM is a powerful tool and will drive down one's brand reputation quickly. None of the interviewers even had a stellar resumes, neither their academic works nor the companies they worked for was impressive unlike the ones you will find in quality companies like Facebook, Google, etc. It looks only nepotism works here. And they do not want to work with smart people who can challenge them or their status quo. It was a very disappointing and disturbing experience overall. I used to think quite differently about this company prior this, now I will never work with such rude and unprofessional people. When they are like this while trying to recruit and hire people, I cannot imagine how horrible it must be as an employee. I would never recommend it to anyone, nor will I ever apply there!

Interview Questions

• You don't seem to be very passionate about analytics!!?? ( I have no idea how he came up with that)   Answer Question