Intuit

Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

Product Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Intuit.

“Phone Interview and Interview at Plano TX location. Interview over the phone was good. recruiters were knowledgeable. Interview at Plano location with two directors who recently joined Intuit. The first director asked Management consulting type question like profit estimation. The other director was more into the product management and discussed in depth my experience. Got a feeling that they were not sure if it was Product Manger interview or consultant or were they looking for a Product Manager with IT skills etc. My opinion is that they were confused and I was not very impressed with their directors.

Interview Questions
    • General or Management consulting type. Depending on what their previous experience is   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

It was a phone interview. Basically, they just went over my resume and talked about my experiences in multiple aspects. They went for details, even technique methodology details. It sounded positive all the way. The interviewer was nice but somehow the way he is talking made his voice not very clear during the phone.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in February 2015.

Best interviewing process I have ever experienced. Screening call by HR then by the manager. Phone calls with team members, face-to-face interviews. All encounters were warm and professional. Got a feeling for what the team does as well as what the environment is really like. The people who interviewed me were GENUINELY nice.

Tax Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intuit in February 2015.

The hiring process is done in phases.
    Phase 1
    You apply on their website for the position and then you complete a preliminary assessment test. If you pass the assessment test then your application is in the pool for consideration by a recruiter.

Phase 2
    A recruiter email you to schedule an informal telephone interview with them. Don't worry it is a very short and direct interview. The recruiter will ask you to tell them what is your understanding regarding the position. And then if she sees you compatible she will move you forward to the interview with the Hiring Manager.

Phase 3
    For the interview you have to call in to a conference call and you maybe interviewed by one or two managers. I interviewed with one person and personally it was the best interview I have ever experienced. You can really tell that the Manager enjoyed his work and the company. I was asked some general situation based questions, some tax related terminology, and then a role play where you had to use your research skills to find the answer.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time that you had to manage an irate customer?   Answer Question

Big Data Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intuit.

HR called based on my application for an opening which i had submitted on the company website, he inquired about my skill set and the ctc i was expecting , he said he would callback for scheduling the interview but never did . I was waiting for a week but left hope at the end of it

Rotational Development Program Associate Interview

I had already worked for the company as a co-op, so the interview process for me was a little bit easier. I started with a quick 15-30 minute phone interview that asked typical questions, i.e., "what are your strengths and weaknesses?", etc. At the end of that phone call I received feedback that I would be recommended for a final interview and I should be hearing from someone soon to set it up. The next interview was about a week or two later, and was much more difficult than the initial. All of the questions asked were situational, i.e., "Tell us a time when _____", "Give us an example of when ____ and what you did". This was a video conference interview, and it lasted about 1.5 hours. I heard back about the position about a week after that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what your biggest struggle has been and how you over came it.

Give us an example of when you used additional sets of data to support an original set.

Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intuit.

The company seemed to be a good place to get on with however their recruiters were not professional. After taking a 45 minute on line test they scheduled a live interview. I interviewed with 3 people in-house. All young, t-shirts, sneakers, and even a jersey and a ball cap. Not that this is bad, it speaks to the relaxed atmosphere of the work place. I really thought that I could do well there. I have 30 years of management experience.

However.....after the interview I followed up with the recruiter via email, then phone calls, then more emails. I NEVER HEARD BACK. Part of a recruiters job is not just getting the right people in the door for interviews, but it is also to professionally handle any questions and to let you know if you have been selected or not selected.

Professional courtesy seems to be lacking in their hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get someone off the phone   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intuit in January 2015.

Applied online over 3+ months ago via the Intuit job portal and waited 3 months before the internal recruiter called me back to see if I was still interested. Then a week later had phone screen with the hiring manager.

Training Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in January 2015.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter for the Training Manager role. She conducted a 30 minute phone interview with me and then recommended me to the hiring manager. Within two weeks I was interviewed by the hiring manager, again by phone. This was a pretty straightforward interview, nothing too challenging, mostly to get a sense of my capabilities. It took a few more weeks, due to the holidays, until I was scheduled for an on-site interview. This included meeting with four remote team members each for 30 minutes, then a finally 30-minute interview with the hiring manager. By the end of the day, I received a phone call with the job offer. Overall, the interview questions covered my competencies, but were not especially challenging.

Interview Questions
    • I have had some career changes and varied educational background. One interviewer wanted to know how my undergraduate studies informed my current work.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intuit.

Several back and forths with the recruiter over a months time. A couple last minute cancelled phone interviews. One Phone and f2f interview with hiring manager. No pay negotiation. Take it or leave it pay offer. Overall no signs of effective hiring procedures.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about how you handle a difficult customer.   View Answer

I found the pay tactic disrespectful and it shows Intuit is not serious in paying for top talent.