Intuit

309 candidate interviews

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Woodland Hills, CA

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied to a job listing on Dice and got a call back after a couple of weeks from their internal recruiter. She scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager a week after. I sat and waited and he never called me. The recruiter called me back after two weeks and scheduled another phone interview. He calls me 45 minutes late! I went through the phone interview and he suggested that I'm a strong candidate and will be contacting the recruiter to set up a panel interview with other IT heads who were supposed to fly in from another location. My panel interview was supposed to be in two days. The recruiter called me today and said "I'm sorry, but the hiring manager asked me to cancel the interview for tomorrow." I nicely stated that the interview was NOT tomorrow but the day after and disconnected the call.

To sum it up, I will never consider working for this company again. It is an absolute embarrassment. I have never dealt with such unprofessional group of people before in my career.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. It was the company that was difficult to deal with.   Answer Question

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Senior Interaction Designer

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in December 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very prompt in responding to my application submission. I got a call back within a few days to schedule a screening interview with the recruiter. After the initial screening interview (on the phone), I had a phone call with the hiring manager. I had an initial onsite interview at the remote site I would be working from (mainly to meet a few coworkers that I would be working with regularly), followed by another phone call with the hiring manager who invited me to an in-person interview with the design team.

Because I was at a different location from the rest of the team, it took an extra week or so to get an onsite interview set up. The onsite design interview consisted of: 1) A portfolio review presentation for about 45 minutes. 2) A design challenge on the whiteboard for about 20-30 minutes. 3) A series of 1 on 1 interviews with 2-3 team members, the hiring manager, and 1-2 people from other departments. Overall the interview was exhausting and very difficult, but at the end of it I appreciated that they seemed to be careful about who they hired (a major flaw with previous software companies I had worked for). I felt well informed about the role I'd be stepping into based on the interview process.

Lunch was provided for me onsite from the cafeteria and I met with the recruiter in person over lunch. Generally they seem to take really good care of people during the interview process...pay for all of your meals, travel and hotel expenses as expected. They are very accommodating about your current work schedule and trying to fit in interviews when it is convenient (within reason). I got an offer about 3-4 days (1-2 business days) after the final in-person interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation at work. What did you do to overcome it?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – My advice is to decide upfront what you want to make and tell them that number or close to it as your current salary. You won't be able to budge them much more than 3-5% higher than the initial number you tell them (and that's if you're a persistent negotiator and lucky), so be smart about your initial number. They pay well, so don't be shy. If you have 5-10 years experience like I did, at least ask for what seems to be the company average on Glassdoor. They would not budge on the salary because I was already at the high end of the spectrum for my job, but I was able to negotiate an additional week of vacation (3 instead of standard 2 for a first year employee) and I received some RSUs (restricted stock units) because I was leaving a bonus on the table at my old company by leaving before year end. the RSUs vest 50% after 2 years and the other 50% after 3 years, so make sure you're going in to a position you plan to be in for a while to get the most out of them.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intuit in February 2009.

Interview Details – Very unique interview style. Most importance for the behavioral, communication then technical even the position was for technology.

Interview Question – What are the mistakes that you made in your previous project and how did you correct them?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was very in depth. You have to be on your toes with not only your technical knowledge but experiences of leadership, management, failures, triumphs, and much more. I have been in many interviews and you can tell that Intuit is really looking for the best of the best. It really showed me the type of caliber individuals Intuit looks to add to their team. The interviews we extremely difficult but they should be to make sure you find the best fit possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to solicit help from peers that did not report to you on a project? How did you go about it? What was the project and did they help you? Outcome?   Answer Question
  • Describe what you are most proud of in your career and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't. The offer was what it should be and I was extremely pleased.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Intuit in November 2011.

Interview Details – very technical in nature, lots of coding question like data structures, algorithms, and design questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – you can negotiate if you are really skifull

Editor Interview

Editor
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – Initial contact after applying, and interview schedule, were set up by outside firm and handled efficiently. Multiple onsite interviews, both one on one and with teams. Some interviewers seemed harried or impatient, one or two were running late and had to reschedule.Tough but fair interview questions. About a six hour long process in one day preceded by phone interviews.

Interview Question – Tell us about a work situation in which you failed and what you did about it and the ultimate results.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Handled by the HR hiring contractors, no direct negotiations with managers, kind of felt like a "hands off " process for the employee.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in October 2011.

Interview Details – Impersonal. All done over the phone or internet.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Predictable questions fishing for technical background.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Woodland Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in July 2008.

Interview Details – Technical Phone Screen.
three hour interview ranging from detailed tech questions to personality and thinking process.

Interview Question – Explain, in detail, the difference between private and public key encryption.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are very good negotiatiors

Writer-Editor Interview

Writer-Editor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in February 2008.

Interview Details – Applied several years ago. Didn't get job, but then 1 year later, company called and invited me to apply to another position. Also learned that they are inclined to rehire people who have left. Interview is behavior based, as in "tell me about a time that . . . "

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were part of a team and the team disagreed strongly with your position. What would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not in best position to negotiate, but their offer exceeded my expectations. I'm not sure they would offer the same salary today.

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Senior Interaction Designer
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – The process started with 2 phone interviews and then an in-person interview. The in-person interview included meeting with a number of team members one-to-one, followed by a presentation that I was to share with the whole team in a conference room. the one-to-one meetings seemed to be mostly around fit with the team, but a couple of the interviewers had some very detailed questions.

Interview Question – It was more than 6 years ago and I can't recall them specifically.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation included a formal offer and paper work with benefit explanations, etc.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intuit

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!

Intuit Videos

Intuit – Why Work for Us?

If you're ready to create, innovate and be part of something big, then you've come to the right place. Our passion for innovation allows us to take risks and try new, ingenious ways to help our customers achieve their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intuit interview questions and advice. All 309 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intuit employees and interview candidates.