Intuit

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit in November 2009.

I applied to a job listing on Dice and got a call back after a couple of weeks from their internal recruiter. She scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager a week after. I sat and waited and he never called me. The recruiter called me back after two weeks and scheduled another phone interview. He calls me 45 minutes late! I went through the phone interview and he suggested that I'm a strong candidate and will be contacting the recruiter to set up a panel interview with other IT heads who were supposed to fly in from another location. My panel interview was supposed to be in two days. The recruiter called me today and said "I'm sorry, but the hiring manager asked me to cancel the interview for tomorrow." I nicely stated that the interview was NOT tomorrow but the day after and disconnected the call.

To sum it up, I will never consider working for this company again. It is an absolute embarrassment. I have never dealt with such unprofessional group of people before in my career.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. It was the company that was difficult to deal with.   Answer Question

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in December 2010.

The recruiter was very prompt in responding to my application submission. I got a call back within a few days to schedule a screening interview with the recruiter. After the initial screening interview (on the phone), I had a phone call with the hiring manager. I had an initial onsite interview at the remote site I would be working from (mainly to meet a few coworkers that I would be working with regularly), followed by another phone call with the hiring manager who invited me to an in-person interview with the design team.

Because I was at a different location from the rest of the team, it took an extra week or so to get an onsite interview set up. The onsite design interview consisted of: 1) A portfolio review presentation for about 45 minutes. 2) A design challenge on the whiteboard for about 20-30 minutes. 3) A series of 1 on 1 interviews with 2-3 team members, the hiring manager, and 1-2 people from other departments. Overall the interview was exhausting and very difficult, but at the end of it I appreciated that they seemed to be careful about who they hired (a major flaw with previous software companies I had worked for). I felt well informed about the role I'd be stepping into based on the interview process.

Lunch was provided for me onsite from the cafeteria and I met with the recruiter in person over lunch. Generally they seem to take really good care of people during the interview process...pay for all of your meals, travel and hotel expenses as expected. They are very accommodating about your current work schedule and trying to fit in interviews when it is convenient (within reason). I got an offer about 3-4 days (1-2 business days) after the final in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation at work. What did you do to overcome it?   View Answers (2)
    My advice is to decide upfront what you want to make and tell them that number or close to it as your current salary. You won't be able to budge them much more than 3-5% higher than the initial number you tell them (and that's if you're a persistent negotiator and lucky), so be smart about your initial number. They pay well, so don't be shy. If you have 5-10 years experience like I did, at least ask for what seems to be the company average on Glassdoor. They would not budge on the salary because I was already at the high end of the spectrum for my job, but I was able to negotiate an additional week of vacation (3 instead of standard 2 for a first year employee) and I received some RSUs (restricted stock units) because I was leaving a bonus on the table at my old company by leaving before year end. the RSUs vest 50% after 2 years and the other 50% after 3 years, so make sure you're going in to a position you plan to be in for a while to get the most out of them.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit in February 2009.

Very unique interview style. Most importance for the behavioral, communication then technical even the position was for technology.

Interview Questions
    • What are the mistakes that you made in your previous project and how did you correct them?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit in February 2012.

It was very in depth. You have to be on your toes with not only your technical knowledge but experiences of leadership, management, failures, triumphs, and much more. I have been in many interviews and you can tell that Intuit is really looking for the best of the best. It really showed me the type of caliber individuals Intuit looks to add to their team. The interviews we extremely difficult but they should be to make sure you find the best fit possible.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to solicit help from peers that did not report to you on a project? How did you go about it? What was the project and did they help you? Outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe what you are most proud of in your career and why?   Answer Question
    I didn't. The offer was what it should be and I was extremely pleased.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intuit in November 2011.

very technical in nature, lots of coding question like data structures, algorithms, and design questions

Interview Questions
    you can negotiate if you are really skifull

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intuit.

Initial contact after applying, and interview schedule, were set up by outside firm and handled efficiently. Multiple onsite interviews, both one on one and with teams. Some interviewers seemed harried or impatient, one or two were running late and had to reschedule.Tough but fair interview questions. About a six hour long process in one day preceded by phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a work situation in which you failed and what you did about it and the ultimate results.   View Answers (2)
    Handled by the HR hiring contractors, no direct negotiations with managers, kind of felt like a "hands off " process for the employee.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit in October 2011.

Impersonal. All done over the phone or internet.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Predictable questions fishing for technical background.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in July 2008.

Technical Phone Screen.
    three hour interview ranging from detailed tech questions to personality and thinking process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain, in detail, the difference between private and public key encryption.   Answer Question
    They are very good negotiatiors

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in February 2013.

The interview process is very intense. You will meet with at least 5 team members, who will all ask you are series of challenging questions. Be prepared to answer using the STAR method - Situation, Task, Action, Result. The culture is very results-driven, so have a lot of data to back up what you have achieved. Be prepared to present, including details about how your life has impacted your career path. They care about culture and want to make sure you are a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to handle a crisis - how did you apply your learnings to a future situation?   Answer Question
    Intuit offers a very competitive salary and out of this world benefits. You'd be kind of crazy to turn them down.

Linux Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit in March 2011.

Phone screen followed by in person interview with 6 different employees which included manager, peers and upper management. The phone screen was a general type of interview with the hiring manager to get a feel if the position was a good fit for me and if i might be interested and if i would be a good fit with the team. The on site interview was quite a bit more in depth and two of the interviewers were really through in asking technical questions some of which got very detailed. The other interviewers were just to get a feel for the different personalities and if I would be a good fit in the position.

Interview Questions
    • I would not say it is one specific question but the technical interview is pretty in depth.   View Answer
    There really wasn't a negotiation phase. In my early conversation with HR about the position we discussed salary which included where I was and where I wanted to be. When I got the offer I knew what it was going to be.