Intuit

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Intuit.

Since I was introduced to Intuit by sort-of-a referral, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an on-site interview first thing. I was interviewed by the team I would be working with, which meant five back-to-back 45-minute interviews which each team member. There were four technical interviews, and one behavioral interview. All of my interviewers were very nice, understanding, and encouraging as I went through solving their technical questions. Intuit also provided me with lunch.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intuit.

applied through college job fair, received mail saying I was invited to interview, applied online on company website as told.
    scheduled on campus interview.
    two interviews, half an hour each, back-to-back interviews, one behavioral and one technical.
    separate interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • The 'coding' problem was super easy but there were some terminology questions that took me by surprise   Answer Question

Government Forms Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intuit.

Before the interview you were asked to come in and complete a written test. Not difficult, looking for how detailed you are. If you passed you then came in multiple times for a round of interviews with three or more people.

They use the STAR Testing format

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit.

Had two 45 minute interviews (1 behavioral, 1 technical). In the technical question I was asked to write code to filter out "bad words" in a chat screen by replacing the characters in the word with asterisks. The format of the string could be multiple words, spaces and periods between letters/words. You have a list of "bad words"

The behavioral interview essentially was just me talking about past experiences and how I handled problems/situations.

Interview Questions
    I didn't really have to negotiate because it was a really good offer (in my opinion). They have intern housing and pay for all of it. They also have a shuttle that runs between corporate housing and the campus, so I won't need to rent a car. Overall, the relocation package is fantastic along with an extremely reasonable base pay.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit.

I was asked to an on-campus interview during a university job fair. It was a two-stage interview with a behavioral interview component and a technical interview component. Each component was in a different room and with a different person, and they likely compared notes on candidates at the end.

Interview Questions
    • The questions seemed standard but it seemed like they were looking for certain types of answers in response to the behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

Contacted by recruited after meeting at career fair. Two round interview process. First round is HR with behavioral questions. Second round was technical interview. Behavioral interview was team building and more of situation type questions. Technical was completely on Data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot disclose questions. Data structures and algorithms.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Intuit in October 2014.

I spoke to them at a booth where they asked me to give 2 rounds of interviews- one technical and one behavioral.
    The interviewer asked me a lot about my projects and what algorithms I used and my job on each one of them. I was asked the difference between C and Java, HTML and CSS. OOPs concept are important. Asked me the concept and use of the attic keyword.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a question about hash maps, which I hadn't studied about.   Answer Question

Dev Test Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intuit in October 2014.

The recruiter acted very unprofessionally. A simple email or call after the interview never happened after my two calls and two emails. I will not deal with the recruiters from Intuit in their MV campus.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit.

It was pretty cool. I submitted my resume at college/university career fair and I was asked to appear for an interview the very next day. Interview had two rounds - behavioral and technical (each 20 minutes). Both the interviewers were cool and were asking questions on my resume. I will recommend students to go through their resume thoroughly and be prepared to answer what they have written. Apart from basic resume questions - I had some questions from data structures, threads, inheritance, and basic OOPS concept. Currently, I am waiting for the results.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior questions were pretty unexpected so I will definitely recommend to be prepared on that front also.   Answer Question

RDP - PMM Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intuit.

Was very fluid. Got interviewed right away (about a week after sending resume through to recruiter). Interviewed with two marketing managers. Asked questions dealing with product promotion and strategy. Overall enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to market a product on campus, how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question