Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in October 2013.

Met with a HR Recruiter at a Job fair for my college and had a fantastic conversation. I was told that I would receive a phone call within two weeks. Got my phone call, scheduled a one hour phone interview; the first half was behavioral and the second was technical. During the technical interview I was asked any specific coding questions, but rather to follow and answer questions as the interviewer built up a larger software idea.

Interview Questions
    • The entire behavioral interview was rather difficult as I have had very interviews like it.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Contacted by a recruiter after my resume was forwarded to her by a friend. Technical/behavioral interview was set up two weeks later. The link provided for the webcam interview was a little confusing as was the site to type code. Overall, the behavioral interview was easy, and the technical interview a little more difficult.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't familiar with most of the data structures, only ArrayLists, but the interviewer asked me a question about LinkedLists.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intuit.

I was asked simple questions like difference between abstract and interface. They asked questions like difference between final, finally and finalize method. Then gave me a programming task where in they asked me to print the elements of set1 50% more number of times than the set2.

Legal Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in February 2014.

Submitted resume via Intuit's online job portal and received and e-mail within a week. Had the initial 30 minute HR screening interview a few days later, and another 30 minute substantive phone interview with the team leader about a week after that. Still haven't heard back about the next step, which I assume is a more thorough on-site screening.

Interview Questions
    • Both screenings were fairly straightforward, nothing out of the ordinary. Talked about my current position and why I was interested in transitioning.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

2 part interview. One was technical, one was behavioral. Technical was some basic java questions, like keywords, inheritence, etc. Behavioral was about experience working with people and how to deal with issues. I didn't get an offer, but overall it was a good experience. Interviewers were friendly and communication was clear.

Interview Questions
    • What are the different uses of the keyword "static"?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class?   Answer Question

Product Development - RDP Associate Interview

Phone interview.

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Intuit.

Intuit interview process starts off with simple tech and behavior test; that test your first step actually getting interview. Once you're in the interview the interviewing person uses a STARs approach to ask questions. These questions arrange from how you handle certain situations in the office to how you assisting customers.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any particular question that was difficult.   Answer Question

Product Manager Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Intuit.

Very straightforward and standard interview process with all of the normal questions. Quite frankly, I'd expect more 'innovative' and interesting questions from a tech company past the basic strength and weakness questions.

The one frustration I had was dealing with the HR contact. She was inconsistent and hard to get through to.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Intuit in October 2012.

I got an interview because I already worked as a contractor for the company and was already partially doing the job. I had to interview with 5 different people, all in one visit, and the interviews were fairly standard. Since I already knew many of the interviewers, it was easier, but the people who do the interviewing here are pretty easygoing anyway. If you do get an interview with Intuit, make sure you research the company values. They are a BIG deal and a huge part of the hiring process. Also, know that for many jobs you must take a personality assessment and a basic listening/writing comprehension test that many people don't pass, so don't be too upset if you don't make it through that stage.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me which of the Intuit values you consider most important and why.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate because the terms that they offered me were more than acceptable. I signed my offer, and started less than a week later.

Product Management Interview

I have been using their product for a while now and have heard a lot of good things about the company but the recruiting process is really infuriating. HR and the recruiting team should understand that they are the Intuit frontier. The way they treat their candidates is nothing shy of saying “we enjoy wasting your time and talent”. It really baffles me to think that a company whose very roots and principles are based on customer focussed approach falls short on providing that mediocre experience (forget unexceptional) that an interviewing candidate deserves.

Here’s a snapshot of what I had to go through:

The recruiter called me and literally sold me on the position which is one level below of my current designation. Recruiter connected with me on an interpersonal level talking about a great work life balance and super nice people. Makes you wanna think — Intuit, ooh dream company. Right? Read up.

After our talk I was really impressed and excited. So I decided to go for it. Recruiter set up a call with the hiring manager within a week. Call went well and was asked to come on site for a in-person. I sent a couple of emails to the recruiter with my availability and didn’t receive any response until two weeks after. When I received an email, it was to come for an onsite interview for 5 hours the next day. Obviously I had to say no.

One week after that I was scheduled for an onsite. The night before and the day of the interview I kid you not, the timing and interview panel changed on me like 4 times. In the three weeks that I was waiting for the recruiter to schedule an onsite, I had asked for white-papers/company product blogs that I should look into. No response at all.

Day of the interview – met with the team. All great people. Got a really good vibe. I think the interview went well on both ends. The reason I can say this is because I was asked for references the next day and that usually is a good sign based on my past experience. Provided the references to which the recruiter replied right away like three times. A week goes by and no word. Then I am asked to meet with a few other folks on the team for an in-person. Once that was scheduled, I filed for a half-day from work. Now the night before, the recruiter sends me an email that the interview is canceled and that the recruiter will reach out to me shortly.

It’s been more than a month (5 weeks) now since I have received any emails/calls from the recruiter. I have a sent follow up emails but haven’t heard anything back yet. Wait — couple weeks ago recruiter called me and left a message asking for a call back. I called back a couple times, left messages but no reply. So it’s been 3 weeks since then but overall 5 weeks since I have had any correspondence with Intuit.

So at this point, I take it as maybe I wasn’t the right fit for the role and MAYBE (I hope) this was an INTUITIVE APPROACH (pun intended) that Intuit took to update candidates.
    Everyone in the valley understands if there is a good fit or not but wasting a candidates time by going to such lengths is really pathetic. I really hope that the recruiting is looking at these valuable reviews and helping build the right processes to be followed.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult but the scenario questions tend to take a toll on you after a few hours   Answer Question