Intuit

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Software Engineering Interview

Intern Software Engineering
Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intuit in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was during the career fair. Just did the line and waited for my turn.

Interview Question – If you are doing a call by ajax. how do you handle any error ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm still under negotiation, but they held a really good offer.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intuit in January 2014.

Interview Details – Straightforward interview process. Starts with a call from the recruiter (30 minutes), then hiring manager call (45 minutes - 1 hour), 4-5 hour on site interview. They use the star method - mainly behavioral questions.

As another person mentioned.....ITS REALLY ANNOYING THAT YOUR RECRUITERS ON NON-RESPONSIVE. This is the most unprofessional company I have worked with. Weeks went by with no reply to emails. If you're looking for a company who keeps its candidates in the dark and waste their time then this is the company for you.

Otherwise I recommend applying to other companies who have a better recruiting system in place and who know how to behave in a professional manner.

Come on Intuit, get it together. Your recruiters suck.

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Professional Interview

Professional
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intuit in December 2012.

Interview Details – remote interview

Interview Question – Accomplishments and Situation Actions Measurements and Results   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intuit in February 2014.

Interview Details – They asked detailed descriptions on the projects I have worked on and my role in them.
 They asked me questions on data structures and java. He focused mostly on java, their favorite questions are difference between abstract class and interfaces. They also asked basic concepts like difference between == and equals() function java.. They couldn't schedule a lot of interns as they chose more students than they could handle. Their HR management wasn't well organized.

Interview Question – Nothing as such   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – Unorganized and pretentious; a whole lot of BS

Interview Question – They love behavioral questions - from good to downright stupid, they ask them all.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – Phone screen, in person, presentation then webex

Interview Question – Create an application and present it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a difficult negotiation. As it is a large company, I don;t htink they generally are as flexible as small companies.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in January 2014.

Interview Details – Process took about 3-4 weeks. Process involved initial phone screens with recruiter, hiring manager followed by onsite interview with a team of 5 interviewers - hiring manager, couple of product managers, marketing and engineering reps.

Interviewers were fairly professional. Intuits interviews tend to be mostly behavioral in nature tending towards the type of how would you respond in a particular situation? what is your approach in xyz scenario? Felt that there was an emphasis on going lean too. The engineering lead was specifically probing on areas around lean product development. Nothing technical involved. This is ideal for a PM generalist. It did seem that they had an interesting approach to product management where customers are engaged fairly intimately with the product design and development process.

Biggest gripe was with the recruiter. No communication after weeks from the onsite interview and i see the same position reposted too on their site. Even if the decision is obvious, it fairly reflects their lack of professionalism and that is consistent with similar experiences from other candidates in this forum.

Interview Question – Laborius STAR format questions - tell me about a time when X happened resulting in Y and you did Z to resolve that? same format to themes like conflict resolution, removing roadblocks, favorite consumer product, biggest challenge and etc. etc....interviewees should have the following nailed down :
1) why intuit and this role?
2) why leave you current role?
3) what are you looking for in your next role?
  Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – The hiring process was quick and each one of the interviewers made the interview feel like a conversation more than an examination. All the three interviews were over the phone. The whole process was less than a week and the decision was conveyed without much delay. The onboarding process was exceptional.

Interview Question – why do you want to work for Intuit   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – quick

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in June 2010.

Interview Details – Nice and professional way

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Feel Not fit the culture

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Mountain View, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed with multiple parties and was offered a position in principle. Was later told that they were moving in a new direction. Re-applied for a rotational assignment in a similar role and was offered the role after interviews with 5 or 6 people. The process was extremely slow even as an internal employee taking over 60 days.

Interview Question – Describe a time where your ideas were met with resistance, How did you overcome the adversity and what was the result   Answer Question