Intuit

Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

Product Manager Interview

tech, marketing product management interviewees. Each interview is normall one hour and it culminates with a director interviewing you. It goes very smooth and doesn't require much time. They are pretty professional about getting things moving quickly too.

pretty smooth

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

Great interview experience. Recruiting was very responsive and kept me updated. Interviews were 2 rounds with 6 people. The people were smart and nice to talk to. Each interviewer had specific areas to probe so I didn't have to hear the same type of question. I got an offer soon after the final interviews and most of the interviewers sent an email to congratulate me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to convince senior executives on your idea.   Answer Question

Dev Ops Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit.

Interview went good at beginning. Interview was scheduled with 7 people. Each person had a specific role, where one seemed to be more personality structured, one technical, one general, others in between. Had a full day of interviews, all of them on the same day. One was a lunch interview and the onsite cafeteria was a bit noisy and it was hard hearing the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about one policy that you affected a change and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Hired through a staffing agency. Interviewed by a panel of 3 (2 managers, 1 team lead). All were very warm, asked me about my experience. Told me about the role I was expected to do, asked if I foresaw any problems with the tasks. Interview over.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. Negotiated on behalf of me by my staffing agent.

Tax Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

This was one of the most fun and interesting interviews I've ever had. It was a phone interview with 2 managers. Besides the personal chit chat, the interview was broken down into three parts.
    Review of the Position: Managers spoke about the difference between tax advice and tax information.
    Questions about experience: How you handle irate clients on the telephone. Describe tax experience.
    Role play: Using TurboTax website, look up answers to common client issues.

Overall, the interview was moderately easy. The managers I spoke with where personable and easy to talk to. They seem to enjoy their job and that's always a good sign.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your tax experience both paid and unpaid.   View Answer
    Seems like they have a set salary schedule. I was offered a step above base pay, which worked for me. I didn't really negotiate anything.

Tax Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

The process took a little over a week. Once I applied for the position and completed the original assessment I received a call the next day to schedule the first phone interview with the actual interviewer. The first interview was quite pleasant and we connected quickly. She asked some behavioral based questions about what I would do in this situation or what steps did I take in a past situation. I advised the her that I worked for Intuit through a third party vendor in a similar role and I used my experiences from this situation to answer the questions. The interviewer passed me to the next stage of the interview process which was another assessment. Once I completed the second assessment, I received a phone call from a Talent Acquisition Specialist to schedule and interview with two hiring managers. This interview took place on the next business day, which was a Monday, and I was required to dial into a conference bridge. I dialed into the conference about five minutes early to ensure punctuality. Immediately, the main interviewer asked questions about my most recent work experience and her qualms about how that position would fit in with this one. Next, she discussed more about the role and what the task entailed. She emphasized that they wanted someone who knew about tax and I advised her that I work in a similar role. She informed me that there were many changes since I worked with Intuit. I was asked behavioral questions by both managers such as how did I handle an irate customers and how would I walk a customer's through a troubleshooting a non-responsive printer. Lastly, I performed two role plays using the help tool on the website. I advised the managers in the mock scenarios of the policies on adding a w-2 after the customer filed their return and what to do with the information in box 12 with a code dd. I could sense that one of the hiring managers was not in favor of me from the beginning of the conference call. Her tone was monotone the whole time. The other hiring manager was very pleasant but she didn't speak as much. After I asked the question below and was given the answer from the hiring manager that did majority of the speaking, I knew that I did not pass this interview. I received an email the next day informing me that they chose to go with other candidates were a better fit.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked by the hiring managers were typical behavioral based questions and weren't that difficult. When it was my turn to ask questions, I asked the hiring managers what is their ideal candidate and about the training, questions that I've asked in the past and is recommended to ask on an interview.   View Answer

Seasonal Tax Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intuit.

My interview and hiring process took less than a week. The assessments were typical assessments and the tax assessment was easy because you were able to utilize resources such as the internet. The interview questions were typical questions and role playing they were not difficult in nature. If you have experience in customer service you should have no problem. My only problem is that they initially told me the pay starts at 16/hr and increase with experience but when they offered me the position they stated the individual was incorrect and that it started at 15/hr and apologized. However, I did not need an apology they should have just honored what was initially mentioned and they should have started me with more than that based on experience alone! In the end the process was quick and easy and I am looking forward to working from home

Horrible

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

Came On Campus. Selected my resume and gave an interview slot during the career fair itself. 2 Interviews - first was technical. A simple coding ques based on multiples of 3,5 to print something. Taking care of multiples of both. Asked to optimize the code. Few ques about projects I did. Second Interview - Asked behaviraol ques. like challenges, being in a leadership role, most innovative project, most proud project, if u are put in a payroll system what all things would you do. No further rounds after this.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing serious... basic behavioral and technical ques.   Answer Question

Senior Tax Advisor Interview

They asked how did you hear about the position, how many years preparing taxes, how many clients do you have (if any), how did you deal with a difficult client, and what is the best skill you bring to your job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked how to deal with Alternative Minimum tax. They wanted to know if you are aware of complex tax situations and how to deal with them.   Answer Question
    As a seasonal employee they start you at $15 an hour and you get a dollar raise every year you return.

Don't Remember Interview

Don't remember - it was a while back; the interview process was smooth. I had 2 rounds of interview. Received an offer in 10 days. Overall a good experience. The on-boarding process was great. The manager is awesome.