Intuit

Updated Dec 14, 2014

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Use a Behavior based interview starting w/ standard character questions. Interviews usually are 3 - 4 hours and involve either several stakeholders and may include a panel. Interviews usually start with a general intro and basic soft ball questions... get progressively more difficult ...

Interview Questions
    • Describe some of the best practices/strategies you use for Marketing data analysis and the different methodologies for devising marketing analysis plans.   Answer Question

Billing Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

Was great. Nicely done. Questions asked with long term goals. Individual leadership skills accessed and they wanted to know how I would fit in with their mission statement and true north goals.

Great.

Software Engineer In Quality Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit in May 2014.

Entire process took 3 week starting with initial contact from recruiter through LinkedIn. 1st Phone screen with recruiter. 2nd Phone screen with Lead engineer 3rd onsite (5 interviews) including hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Interview was a mix of behavioral and technical questions.
      1. Lot of behavioral questions i.e situational questions from your previous work experience
      2. Technical questions ranging from OO concepts from Java, Selenium, C#, Web Services etc
      3. 2 interview with Sr QA engineers ranging from behavioral questions to technical questions like reverse of string , different web-service questions like when to use soap vs rest, what put/post/get methods do etc...

In my experience, I believe the entire interview depends on that one person (other than the hiring manager) on how he/she feels about you in the interview. During the entire interview process all the developers/QA engineers kept on asking Technical/Behavioral interview questions which I feel were answered to their expectations. None of them asked me to write code on the board.
       During the initial phone screen I indicated that I do not have hands on with Java in my current job. Inspite of that they decided to call me onsite.
      After the exhaustive interview process the recruiter told me that I do not have hands on with some technologies they use and that is why they are not moving forward with the hiring.

My only suggestion is: It would be great if the company took individual feedback from each interviewer as compared to relying on feedback of one person for deciding on the outcome of the interview.

Answer Question

Knowledge Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

Intuit follows the STAR process. Interviewees should be expected to explain a Situation or Task, the Actions they took, and the Results for every question in an interview. You may hear some of the same questions from different interviewers. Typically, all interviewers participate in a meeting with the manager to discuss their perceptions from the interviews, so it's wise to be consistent in your replies.

Always counteroffer.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intuit in May 2014.

Be prepared for a behavioral interview, "Tell me about a time when, ...". Lots of questions on delighting customers, improving processes, working with teammates, and developing partners. Be positive. Share names of internal employees who recommended you and why you think your values and daily mission support moving the business forward from good to great! Share the whole story, don't forget results.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you worked thru a challenging work relationship...   View Answer

Applications Operations Engineer II Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intuit.

3 rounds of interview - 2 rounds of phone screening - then called onsite for a 4-5 hr interview - technical, non-technical

Interview Questions
    • how to make changes to the scheduling system that is existing in the infrastructure at intuit.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate.. was not really offered what I expected, but since they gave some good benefits, it tallied there.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit.

I was asked simple questions like difference between abstract and interface. They asked questions like difference between final, finally and finalize method. Then gave me a programming task where in they asked me to print the elements of set1 50% more number of times than the set2.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Contacted by a recruiter after my resume was forwarded to her by a friend. Technical/behavioral interview was set up two weeks later. The link provided for the webcam interview was a little confusing as was the site to type code. Overall, the behavioral interview was easy, and the technical interview a little more difficult.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't familiar with most of the data structures, only ArrayLists, but the interviewer asked me a question about LinkedLists.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

2 part interview. One was technical, one was behavioral. Technical was some basic java questions, like keywords, inheritence, etc. Behavioral was about experience working with people and how to deal with issues. I didn't get an offer, but overall it was a good experience. Interviewers were friendly and communication was clear.

Interview Questions
    • What are the different uses of the keyword "static"?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit in April 2014.

Applied online. They responded after 2 or 3 weeks. The recruiter was great. He was very friendly but gave me all the information i wanted without stalling. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. They got back to me after 3 or 4 days asking for my availability for face to face rounds. The second round interviews were all pair programming sessions and they asked some other technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't find anything difficult but they did ask some architectural questions which i didn't answer well.   Answer Question
    I didn't have to negotiate. The package was much better than i expected even when they knew my current salary which was considerably lower.