Intuit

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very nice interview process. Nice people. They all liked me and felt I am a good fit for a senior software engineer.I really enjoyed the interview. But they could not open up a new req for that position.

Interview Question – Prepare well with what you have in your resume along with debugging production issues, data structures and some problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Rotational Development Associate
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intuit in November 2012.

Interview Details – They will interview you based upon what every employee is evaluated on: our Leadership Success Profile. These skills include: thinking strategically, driving for results, building high performing teams, innovating for impact, and inspiring through action. They also interview based upon the STAR methodology. That includes Situation, Task, Action, and Result. Try to answer each question they asked using that format.

Interview Question – Tell me about a project or time you have been innovative.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No I was unable to negotiate as everyone in the program gets the same pay

Very Easy Interview

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in August 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview and Face Interview Then received an offer letter

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficulties in the interview process.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with HR rep then on-campus interview with three members of hiring team. In regards to interview, 30 minutes per individual that included specific technical questions pertaining to entailed job duties.

Literally within half an hour after interview ended, received an offer from HR rep, who indicated "Within his/her tenure at Intuit, they've never seen anything like this and was completely amazed". The HR rep also quoted the interviewing team who stated "They had someone in mind for the position until you came in" etc. It was pretty much best case scenario for any interviewee. The HR rep then gave offer and I requested 1.5% more than what was offered. I figured the worst that can happen is that they don't budge and I'll go with what they offered in the first place. It took a day for the HR rep to get back to me and when they did, it came with an unexpected response... Intuit had rescinded the offer altogether. I went from "The best candidate for the position" to "Not a good fit for the company", all because I tried to negotiate an additional 1.5% salary.

Now imagine if I had given my 2 week notice to my current employer after Intuit's offer, I'd be unemployed because apparently it's Intuit's policy to Indian give employment offers.

Interview Question – Technical accounting/finance questions applicable to month end tasks.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intuit in October 2009.

Interview Details – Be ready to prove your desire to sell.

Interview Question – What is the hardest customer experience you have had, how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Intuit in February 2009.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews, 1:1 style with 3 different managers. They all seemed to ask me similar questions, but in different words. Recruiter contacted me throughout the process.

Interview Question – The way the questions were framed was the most unexpected. They are looking for answers to be given in the context of what you did or how you handled a specific situation, not just in general context.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Marketing Interview

Senior Manager Marketing
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intuit in June 2012.

Interview Details – Long, arduous process with up to 7 people over multiple days/times.

Interview Question – Constant drill-down questioning by peers or people with skills below mine.   View Answer

Flag Interview

Intuit Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Oct 16, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I have given your feedback to the marketing recruiters to share with their customers.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details – It was great...few technical rounds followed my HR round

Interview Question – Not many   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details – random recruiters call asking for different positions. they arrange interviews. i got thru 2 phone rounds easily. they said they will bring onsite. suddenly gets an email that teams shuffled and the requirement freeze.

Interview Question – how hibernate works   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Fredericksburg, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Intuit in March 2013.

Interview Details – 2 in person interviews online app. online personality exam