Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in August 2014.

Interview

You need to apply online. Then if you are selected you will get a link to apply for a specific position on their portal. Initial screening is mostly Domain knowledge, Java, your past experience. 4-5 rounds of interview for full time.

Interview Questions

• Some data structures problems. They ask few puzzles too. Be prepared for lots of technology specific questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Small Business Care Group Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Intuit in August 2014.

Interview

I had the worst experience at this interview. I went through 2 rounds of 9 interviews. All interview questions were vague and subjective. All were behavior based questions from previous experience.

Tax Support Specialist (Seasonal) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in August 2014.

Interview

Online application with assessment. Then phone interview; if they like you then you will get an invitation to take another online assessment that tests your research skills and tax knowledge. If you do well you will receive another phone call scheduling you another interview which is 2:1 conference call. Based upon assessments and interviews you may be presented an offer which is contingent upon your system meeting requirements and your background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time you dealt with a rude customer. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate! They made an offer and I accepted!

Seasonal Tax Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Intuit (Remote, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

Intuit is amazing when it comes to fast communication. I received an email almost immediately with the next step in the process once I applied online. It's been a seemless process throughout. After applying, there is an online assessment to complete to be considered. I received an email the next day from a recruiter to set up a phone screening to see if we a mutual fit. After the screening, the next step was to complete an official assessment that was more specific in relation to the position. The next step was to complete the online job application and agree to a background check. The next part of the process is another one hour interview focused on the turbotax website. The results of the assessements and interviews, along with experience will determine the rate of pay.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide an example of how I went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Senior Java Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intuit (Woodland, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

6 team members interviewed me.
    Questions:
    what is the difference between final, finally and finalizer.
    You have 2 eggs, and climb a 100 floor building. What is the highest floor from which an egg will not break when dropped out of a window from that floor. If an egg is dropped and does not break, it is good and can be dropped again but if an egg is broken you cannot use it anymore.
    The question is: What strategy should you adopt to minimize the number egg drops it takes to find the solution?. What is the Complexity or maximum number of trials.
    Another quetion: How to troubleshoot server crashes - what are you looking for.

Negotiation

Interview

1) Quick introductory phone chat (non-technical)
    2) Two ~ 30-minute casual interviews over Skype (both broad level and specific topics discussed)
    3) On campus interview consisted of speaking with many different individuals throughout the day, completing a challenge within a certain period of time, presenting the solution, and presenting other work I've done in the past.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intuit (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Did an online application with three Phone Interviews The next level was an Interview with the Hiring Sales Manager and mid level manager. Each interview lasted approx 1 hour. Went well and was under the impresssion was going to be invited back for a final interview Did hear back for three weeks until after phone calls I have no complaints The process was fair honest professional and open they just wanted to pursue someone else which happens

Interview Questions

• Sat down at table and Hiring Manager asked right off the back "Do you have any questions of me?' Which prob would have tripped up someone not prepared but i did and from there it went well   Answer Question

Staff Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Got email from a recruiter asking if they could submit my resume to their client. Skills needed matched a bit with what I had but it was more technical. I went ahead with it and the recruiter called me to do an initial phone screen. I passed, and she said I'll have an interview with the client after 2 days. Day of the interview with the client, I was very nervous and prepared all my notes about my past experiences and performance in my job, but I wasn't asked any behavioral or situational questions at all. The whole interview was very technical and lasted less than ten minutes.

Manager I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit (Tucson, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Email sent out including interview time.
    Panel of 4 interviewers from various business units
    One main interviewer to ask questions in STAR format while others asked follow-up questions
    Fun, dynamic, engaged interview process. Made me feel at home and at ease to speak freely and passionately about what I do

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was "Describe a time you had to be creative dealing with a difficult employee, co-worker, manager or customer."   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Use a Behavior based interview starting w/ standard character questions. Interviews usually are 3 - 4 hours and involve either several stakeholders and may include a panel. Interviews usually start with a general intro and basic soft ball questions... get progressively more difficult ...

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the best practices/strategies you use for Marketing data analysis and the different methodologies for devising marketing analysis plans.   Answer Question