Intuit

www.intuit.com

Intuit Manager Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

Initial phone screen with a recruiter, learned about the details of the position, what the manager wants, why it's open. 30 minute phone screen with the manager- dug into my background and their expectations, team dynamics. Then an in person interview, meeting with 5 people 1on1 for 45 minutes each. It was great. Not intimidating but they asked the right questions. Told me everything I could want to know about the team, company, likes, dislikes etc.

Interview Questions
  • be prepared to discuss specific examples of your past performance. You can't sugarcoat it, they want to know examples, how you handled it, what the outcome was. No right/wrong answers, I think they want to see your approach.   Answer Question
very straight forward. Had discussed salary with the recruiter in my initial conversations

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit in April 2009.

The hiring process consisted of interviews with the HR manager, the director, VP, financial manager, and the team I would manage. Ten hours total and three separate days. The interviewers seem unprepared, and weren't able to answer basic questions like what a typical day would be like for the position or what the top priorities are the first few months.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions. The group interview of my direct reports was the hardest because some of the people had applied for the job. Mostly they were concerned with moral because the climate had been dysfunctional (severely) and they wanted a positive boss.ering boss.   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation. I got a small sign on bonus, but was hired in way lower than mid range (found out later), because the hiring person wasn't honest in the negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit in March 2009.

Intuit bases all interview question on the "s.t.a.r.s" approach. Answer every question with a situation, the task, what you attempted to do or the action, what were the results of those actions. Do that for every question and you are fine. Most questions are sophmoric. They barely follow-up. They read a guide and most likely you will get the same variation of the question over and over

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you did something and the results were not favorable   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intuit in February 2009.

I had 3 interviews, 1:1 style with 3 different managers. They all seemed to ask me similar questions, but in different words. Recruiter contacted me throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • The way the questions were framed was the most unexpected. They are looking for answers to be given in the context of what you did or how you handled a specific situation, not just in general context.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in October 2007.

Intuit's interviewing process can be very long, so be prepared. I was a returning Intuit employee who had been away from the company for a few years. Even so, from beginning to end it took almost a month to get through the interviews, receive an offer, and get hired.

The interviewers were prepared, asked thoughtful questions, and seemed genuinely interested in my background and what value I could bring to Intuit. One of the things I did that really struck a chord with people I interviewed with was I took the specifics of the job description (what they were looking for) and broke it up into segments. I put that into a table and then in the right column, I listed exact experience I had that related directly to that portion of what they were looking for. I had enough copies of those to staple to my resume. That went over very well, as then people didn't have to take as many notes and they could reference it easily later.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intuit.

Lengthy interview process - took around 3-4 weeks to get through everyone. Rather than schedule multiple interviews in a single day, I was scheduled for 3 or 4 half day interviews. Everyone was friendly and seemed genuinely interested in having me join the team. One person even went to another team and suggested that they chat with me about another similar role. Things seemed to go quite well and I progressed to the final interview with the hiring manager. The recruiter contacted me a few weeks after my last interview to inform me that I was one of two finalists and to make sure that I was still interested. I was told that a decision would be made within a few weeks once the hiring manager returned, but I never heard anything from Intuit after that and was unable to get in contact with the recruiter. It would have been a nice professional courtesy if they had either proactively notified me or returned my inquiry as I was entertaining other offers. I know that I ensure that the lines of communication are open when I am hiring and bring a candidate that far through the process. An otherwise positive interview process was scarred by the lack of communication.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were of the typical situational variety. Nothing was extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in January 2011.

Extremely professional conduct by the recruiter as well as the interviewer. Recruiter went through a basic checklist. Scheduled phone interview with hiring manager which lasted approximately 30 minutes. Interview was mostly behavioral.

Recruiter got back to me the following day via email next day with reject.

Advise: Prepare for behavioral interview. Ensure you have sufficient examples from most recent job.