Intuit Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

I was contacted by the Recruiter to talk about available openings and if there was anything that might be a match with my experience. The Recruiter was AMAZING. I've dealt with many and this one ranks in the top 3. Had a phone screen with the Hiring Manager that lasted 30 minutes (not near enough time to really determine whether this was a good fit either way. Was asked to come in for face to face interviews totaling 3+ hours. I was given a Case Study to review and was asked to create key take-aways and present my findings for the face to face interview. I presented the case and the team decided afterwards that I was not a right fit for the position so I didn't finish the interview process. They were gracious in telling me I wasn't the right fit, but I would have preferred not to waste my time or theirs (I spent 5 hours prepping the study) prior to the face to face interview. They need to do a better job of pre-screening candidates before they ask them to commit the time to the Case Study preparation. The marketing positions at Intuit are almost exclusively 'technical' positions so creative marketers: look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Most questions in the first portion of the interview were related to the Case Study and my findings or recommendations. I was asked to prepare to talk about a favorite past project (for 10 minutes) and then present the study. They throw curve balls at you during the Case Study so be prepared to "flex", i.e. the terms of the Case have changed (new focus, new budget, etc.). Evidently flexing and changing priorities is something they do often and they want to make sure you are a cultural fit.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Initially interviewed with multiple parties and was offered a position in principle. Was later told that they were moving in a new direction. Re-applied for a rotational assignment in a similar role and was offered the role after interviews with 5 or 6 people. The process was extremely slow even as an internal employee taking over 60 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where your ideas were met with resistance, How did you overcome the adversity and what was the result   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was relatively standard. There was a huge focus on situational questions. Everyone was friendly. The process had the traditional multiple rounds starting with a phone screen. I was impressed that they were extremely prompt in providing next steps. When they say they will get back to you in a certain time period they actually do.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult; all of the questions were situational.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Great process with multiple interviewers. Be prepared to go through at least 4-5 rounds of interviews, each of whom is looking for a different quality. They give quality, honest feedback.a

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Very detailed and thorough interviewing process. Expect a minimum of 4 separate interviews, possibly more. I had an HR phone screening, and was invited back 2 more times, each with 2-3 people interviewing me back to back, in addition to 2 people calling in for phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to give specific examples of how YOU met/exceeded a challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I always ask for more, even if it is a great offer, like this one at Intuit. They did not give me more, as what I was getting was about $20K more than I was making, which they knew, and could leverage. If at all possible, do NOT tell them what you are making. In my case, yes, it was $20K more than I was making, but, I felt I was under paid at my previous job, which doesn't really work when trying to negotiate. Also, I was given a chunk of Intuit Stock when I started. To my knowledge, they are not providing that to new hires except in rare circumstances like very sought after skill sets, so do your best to negotiate Stock.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very intense. You will meet with at least 5 team members, who will all ask you are series of challenging questions. Be prepared to answer using the STAR method - Situation, Task, Action, Result. The culture is very results-driven, so have a lot of data to back up what you have achieved. Be prepared to present, including details about how your life has impacted your career path. They care about culture and want to make sure you are a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a crisis - how did you apply your learnings to a future situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Intuit offers a very competitive salary and out of this world benefits. You'd be kind of crazy to turn them down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

It was very in depth. You have to be on your toes with not only your technical knowledge but experiences of leadership, management, failures, triumphs, and much more. I have been in many interviews and you can tell that Intuit is really looking for the best of the best. It really showed me the type of caliber individuals Intuit looks to add to their team. The interviews we extremely difficult but they should be to make sure you find the best fit possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to solicit help from peers that did not report to you on a project? How did you go about it? What was the project and did they help you? Outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe what you are most proud of in your career and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't. The offer was what it should be and I was extremely pleased.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

phone interview 6 hours of in person interviews another phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Kansas City, MO) in August 2009.

Interview

Got the interview through school. The interview process was done one on one. Basically fielded questions about my past education and jobs. Explained why I would be a good fit. Asked basic personality questions. Asked how comfortable I felt with contact with new clients and customers. The interview did not last more than an hour and they made me feel very comfortable.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

I passed the first interview with HR over the telephone. I was then granted a second interview over the phone with the hiring manager. The telephone interview with the hiring manger was meant to be a 3 part process, at least 1 hour long. But the hiring manager cut it short (maybe he was busy that day?) to only 12 minutes. The hiring manger wasn't very talkative. So it was a little hard to convey why I would be a good match to the job when there wasn't any interaction. Felt more like a monologue without any feedback.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager didn't ask me any questions. All he did was listen to me go on about my work experience. And then he asked if I had any questions for him regarding the job.   Answer Question