Intuit

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mountain View, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed with multiple parties and was offered a position in principle. Was later told that they were moving in a new direction. Re-applied for a rotational assignment in a similar role and was offered the role after interviews with 5 or 6 people. The process was extremely slow even as an internal employee taking over 60 days.

Interview Question – Describe a time where your ideas were met with resistance, How did you overcome the adversity and what was the result   Answer Question

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively standard. There was a huge focus on situational questions. Everyone was friendly. The process had the traditional multiple rounds starting with a phone screen. I was impressed that they were extremely prompt in providing next steps. When they say they will get back to you in a certain time period they actually do.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult; all of the questions were situational.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – Great process with multiple interviewers. Be prepared to go through at least 4-5 rounds of interviews, each of whom is looking for a different quality. They give quality, honest feedback.a

Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – Very detailed and thorough interviewing process. Expect a minimum of 4 separate interviews, possibly more. I had an HR phone screening, and was invited back 2 more times, each with 2-3 people interviewing me back to back, in addition to 2 people calling in for phone interviews.

Interview Question – Be prepared to give specific examples of how YOU met/exceeded a challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I always ask for more, even if it is a great offer, like this one at Intuit. They did not give me more, as what I was getting was about $20K more than I was making, which they knew, and could leverage. If at all possible, do NOT tell them what you are making. In my case, yes, it was $20K more than I was making, but, I felt I was under paid at my previous job, which doesn't really work when trying to negotiate.

Also, I was given a chunk of Intuit Stock when I started. To my knowledge, they are not providing that to new hires except in rare circumstances like very sought after skill sets, so do your best to negotiate Stock.

Very Difficult Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was very in depth. You have to be on your toes with not only your technical knowledge but experiences of leadership, management, failures, triumphs, and much more. I have been in many interviews and you can tell that Intuit is really looking for the best of the best. It really showed me the type of caliber individuals Intuit looks to add to their team. The interviews we extremely difficult but they should be to make sure you find the best fit possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to solicit help from peers that did not report to you on a project? How did you go about it? What was the project and did they help you? Outcome?   Answer Question
  • Describe what you are most proud of in your career and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't. The offer was what it should be and I was extremely pleased.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in December 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview
6 hours of in person interviews
another phone interview

Interview Question – what did one of your subordinates teach you recently?   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intuit in August 2009.

Interview Details – Got the interview through school. The interview process was done one on one. Basically fielded questions about my past education and jobs. Explained why I would be a good fit. Asked basic personality questions. Asked how comfortable I felt with contact with new clients and customers. The interview did not last more than an hour and they made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Intuit in September 2013.

Interview Details – I passed the first interview with HR over the telephone. I was then granted a second interview over the phone with the hiring manager.

The telephone interview with the hiring manger was meant to be a 3 part process, at least 1 hour long.

But the hiring manager cut it short (maybe he was busy that day?) to only 12 minutes.

The hiring manger wasn't very talkative.
So it was a little hard to convey why I would be a good match to the job when there wasn't any interaction. Felt more like a monologue without any feedback.

Interview Question – The hiring manager didn't ask me any questions. All he did was listen to me go on about my work experience. And then he asked if I had any questions for him regarding the job.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a phone screen by the recruiter, a phone screen by the hiring manager, and two in-person interviews. The process was streamlined and feedback was always a given. I never wondered where I stood - there was constant communication, which I really appreciated. Every person I interviewed with was a great interviewer, kind, respectful, and straight forward.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you received an outcome that was unexpected (in a negative way) - why did it happen and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intuit in May 2011.

Interview Details – After applying on-line, I was contacted by a corporate recruiter within five days of application submission. The recruiter e-mailed me and we set up a time for an initial phone screening/interview. The screening lasted about 20 minutes and was the typical resume run-down with a few more in-depth questions related to experience pertinent to the details listed in the job description. The interview went well and I was notified that I would be moving on to the next step in the funnel process, a phone interview with the hiring manager, which would be followed by a final panel interview on-site. The recruiter was extremely nice and very clear in what to expect and when in terms of contact and details. A few days later, the phone interview time with the hiring manager was set via email.

The hiring manager called a few minutes late, which I thought was unprofessional. He seemed very rushed throughout the interview and was very unattentive. The questions were basic - again the resume run-down with really no added depth or complexity on top of my initial phone call with the recruiter. I was given an opportunity to ask questions, which I did, and he answered them briefly. At the end of the interview, it got very awkward as the interviewer seemed to not know how to close out the interview and so there were several long pauses and very strange gaps in communication which I had never experienced before. I tried to close out the conversation in a positive manner but the interviewer seemed to be "spacing out" over the phone. Strange indeed.

Overall, I got the feeling that by the time I spoke with the hiring manager the position had already been mentally awarded to a candidate. The questions I was asked made it clear that they were not making any attempt to get a better view of my experiences or my potential as a candidate. Overall, I was happy with the communciation of the recruiter throughout the process, but the interview with the hiring manager left a sour taste in my mouth for sure.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected at all.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intuit

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!

Intuit Videos

Intuit – Why Work for Us?

If you're ready to create, innovate and be part of something big, then you've come to the right place. Our passion for innovation allows us to take risks and try new, ingenious ways to help our customers achieve their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intuit Marketing Manager interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intuit employees and interview candidates.