Intuit Product Management Interview Questions

3.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Management Interview

I have been using their product for a while now and have heard a lot of good things about the company but the recruiting process is really infuriating. HR and the recruiting team should understand that they are the Intuit frontier. The way they treat their candidates is nothing shy of saying “we enjoy wasting your time and talent”. It really baffles me to think that a company whose very roots and principles are based on customer focussed approach falls short on providing that mediocre experience (forget unexceptional) that an interviewing candidate deserves.

Here’s a snapshot of what I had to go through:

The recruiter called me and literally sold me on the position which is one level below of my current designation. Recruiter connected with me on an interpersonal level talking about a great work life balance and super nice people. Makes you wanna think — Intuit, ooh dream company. Right? Read up.

After our talk I was really impressed and excited. So I decided to go for it. Recruiter set up a call with the hiring manager within a week. Call went well and was asked to come on site for a in-person. I sent a couple of emails to the recruiter with my availability and didn’t receive any response until two weeks after. When I received an email, it was to come for an onsite interview for 5 hours the next day. Obviously I had to say no.

One week after that I was scheduled for an onsite. The night before and the day of the interview I kid you not, the timing and interview panel changed on me like 4 times. In the three weeks that I was waiting for the recruiter to schedule an onsite, I had asked for white-papers/company product blogs that I should look into. No response at all.

Day of the interview – met with the team. All great people. Got a really good vibe. I think the interview went well on both ends. The reason I can say this is because I was asked for references the next day and that usually is a good sign based on my past experience. Provided the references to which the recruiter replied right away like three times. A week goes by and no word. Then I am asked to meet with a few other folks on the team for an in-person. Once that was scheduled, I filed for a half-day from work. Now the night before, the recruiter sends me an email that the interview is canceled and that the recruiter will reach out to me shortly.

It’s been more than a month (5 weeks) now since I have received any emails/calls from the recruiter. I have a sent follow up emails but haven’t heard anything back yet. Wait — couple weeks ago recruiter called me and left a message asking for a call back. I called back a couple times, left messages but no reply. So it’s been 3 weeks since then but overall 5 weeks since I have had any correspondence with Intuit.

So at this point, I take it as maybe I wasn’t the right fit for the role and MAYBE (I hope) this was an INTUITIVE APPROACH (pun intended) that Intuit took to update candidates.
Everyone in the valley understands if there is a good fit or not but wasting a candidates time by going to such lengths is really pathetic. I really hope that the recruiting is looking at these valuable reviews and helping build the right processes to be followed.

Interview Questions
  • Not really difficult but the scenario questions tend to take a toll on you after a few hours   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in August 2010.

After staffing agency was asked to present candidates by a deadline, Intuit was very slow to respond to staffig agency and did not initiate phone screens until 5 weeks later. Company is trying to change to SaaS and is interested in experience managing change. If you are applying to multiple positions and don't click with one hiring manager, you will most likely not have a chance at the other position -- the company values collaboration and the negative impressin on one hiring manager will disqualify you for the other position.

Product Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in January 2012.

Very professional recruitment team. Provided detailed expectations and conducted follow up in a very timely manner and provided coaching though the process.

Interview Questions

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!