Intuit Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.8

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

“Phone Interview and Interview at Plano TX location. Interview over the phone was good. recruiters were knowledgeable. Interview at Plano location with two directors who recently joined Intuit. The first director asked Management consulting type question like profit estimation. The other director was more into the product management and discussed in depth my experience. Got a feeling that they were not sure if it was Product Manger interview or consultant or were they looking for a Product Manager with IT skills etc. My opinion is that they were confused and I was not very impressed with their directors.

Interview Questions

• General or Management consulting type. Depending on what their previous experience is   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online over 3+ months ago via the Intuit job portal and waited 3 months before the internal recruiter called me back to see if I was still interested. Then a week later had phone screen with the hiring manager.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

tech, marketing product management interviewees. Each interview is normall one hour and it culminates with a director interviewing you. It goes very smooth and doesn't require much time. They are pretty professional about getting things moving quickly too.

Negotiation

pretty smooth

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Interview

Use a Behavior based interview starting w/ standard character questions. Interviews usually are 3 - 4 hours and involve either several stakeholders and may include a panel. Interviews usually start with a general intro and basic soft ball questions... get progressively more difficult ...

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the best practices/strategies you use for Marketing data analysis and the different methodologies for devising marketing analysis plans.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Process took about 3-4 weeks. Process involved initial phone screens with recruiter, hiring manager followed by onsite interview with a team of 5 interviewers - hiring manager, couple of product managers, marketing and engineering reps.

Interviewers were fairly professional. Intuits interviews tend to be mostly behavioral in nature tending towards the type of how would you respond in a particular situation? what is your approach in xyz scenario? Felt that there was an emphasis on going lean too. The engineering lead was specifically probing on areas around lean product development. Nothing technical involved. This is ideal for a PM generalist. It did seem that they had an interesting approach to product management where customers are engaged fairly intimately with the product design and development process.

Biggest gripe was with the recruiter. No communication after weeks from the onsite interview and i see the same position reposted too on their site. Even if the decision is obvious, it fairly reflects their lack of professionalism and that is consistent with similar experiences from other candidates in this forum.

Interview Questions

• Laborius STAR format questions - tell me about a time when X happened resulting in Y and you did Z to resolve that? same format to themes like conflict resolution, removing roadblocks, favorite consumer product, biggest challenge and etc. etc....interviewees should have the following nailed down :
      1) why intuit and this role?
      2) why leave you current role?
      3) what are you looking for in your next role?

Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit in January 2012.

Interview

Resume review. Phone screens. Full-day interview with cross-functional team members representing product management, marketing, engineering. Follow-up calls with the recruiter. Got to know the company a lot more, which is partly what sold me on wanting to work there. Also really helps (as always) to also have someone who knows you, who works there, to help advocate for you.

Interview Questions

• Case study, recommending how to market a new product.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

An Intuit recruiter emailed me to set up the phone screen and after that set me up with the hiring manager for a phone interview. The phone interview went well. The hiring manager said that the recruiter would be in touch with me within the next few business days to let me know if I would advance. That was about 4 weeks ago, and the recruiter has not responded to any of my email follow ups. Unprofessional and unorganized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intuit (Plano, TX) in May 2007.

Interview

The interview process was focused on two things: 1) how you would respond in certain basic situations pertaining to the job and 2) how you have exemplified certain leadership characteristics in past roles. Using examples outside of the workforce was a plus if it was applcable to leadership attributes.

Interview Questions

• How have you had to deal with customer expectations in the past?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intuit (Bangalore (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter on the interview time/date. No much info on the interview process.

Had 4 rounds of interview from morning till evening. Since there were many candidates for interview on that day, the interviewers got very little time to spend with each candidate. In 2 of the rounds, the recruiter interrupted and told the interviewer to take on next candidate.

Since there were many candidates on that day, had a quick chat with them and figured out most were from premier B-schools, which I believe is one of the main criteria for selection, as the interviewers were also from these B-Schools and were talking in B-school jargon.

After the interview, had to follow up with the recruiter to know the status.

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in December 2011.

Interview

HR Screening call was short and to the point. Phone interview with Business Manager was almost an hour. There is always one question that seems to trip you up on these. Focus on how you are going to ask the 'weakness' questions and don't sell yourself short by giving the atypical answer. If you are interviewing for any position you need to be prepared for these as well as the behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• What performance improvement would take your last rating from x to over the top?   Answer Question