Intuit SEO Marketing Manager Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

SEO Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Menlo Park, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in November 2012.

First step - Phone screen with recruiter - Pretty straight-forward. He mentioned they are looking for someone who understands digital marketing with a basic understanding of SEO and can quickly learn from the "in-house SEO expert" aka the hiring manager.
Second step - Phone screen with hiring manager
Third step - 6 hr interview - all 1:1
Wish the hiring manager was upfront about the role requirements before inviting candidate for a 6 hr marathon interview session. The job has been open for quite a while now and they have been constantly interviewing.
Initially, the hiring manager was ok with bringing in a candidate who had a basic understanding of SEO and could learn the finer techniques from the hiring manager (who mentioned twice during the interview that he is an industry SEO expert) However, during the interview, the hiring mgr was constantly asking extremely technical questions. Seems like they changed their mind after the first interview and were looking for an SEO expert after all. Even though the company has been named "One of the best places to work", I believe that we work for managers and not companies and in this case I wasnt convinced by the manager. Not inspirational at all. Glad it didnt work out.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think about personalized search results and its impact on SEO?
    What are the 3 most important things for SEO?
    Even though I let them know that I am not experienced in SEO rather overall digital marketing, the 1:1 interview was only technical.
      Answer Question

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!