Intuit

Relevance Date Difficulty

Group Manager SMB Interview

Group Manager SMB
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in September 2011.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews using STAR format. The interview was casual. Do not wear a suit or tie. You will feel extremely uncomfortable. They also stress that in the hiring process. Be prepared for 6-10 interviews before having an offer. Teleconference is likely as well. The process moves pretty quickly and the interviewers take the job very seriously. They were all well prepared and professional.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details – Use a Behavior based interview starting w/ standard character questions. Interviews usually are 3 - 4 hours and involve either several stakeholders and may include a panel. Interviews usually start with a general intro and basic soft ball questions... get progressively more difficult ...

Interview Question – Describe some of the best practices/strategies you use for Marketing data analysis and the different methodologies for devising marketing analysis plans.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intuit in September 2013.

Interview Details – came in the career fair for co-op opportunities. Took 2 interviews and it was done.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult asked as such   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accountant Interview

Accountant
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with HR rep then on-campus interview with three members of hiring team. In regards to interview, 30 minutes per individual that included specific technical questions pertaining to entailed job duties.

Literally within half an hour after interview ended, received an offer from HR rep, who indicated "Within his/her tenure at Intuit, they've never seen anything like this and was completely amazed". The HR rep also quoted the interviewing team who stated "They had someone in mind for the position until you came in" etc. It was pretty much best case scenario for any interviewee. The HR rep then gave offer and I requested 1.5% more than what was offered. I figured the worst that can happen is that they don't budge and I'll go with what they offered in the first place. It took a day for the HR rep to get back to me and when they did, it came with an unexpected response... Intuit had rescinded the offer altogether. I went from "The best candidate for the position" to "Not a good fit for the company", all because I tried to negotiate an additional 1.5% salary.

Now imagine if I had given my 2 week notice to my current employer after Intuit's offer, I'd be unemployed because apparently it's Intuit's policy to Indian give employment offers.

Interview Question – Technical accounting/finance questions applicable to month end tasks.   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Interaction Designer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, and then a 5-hour onsite interview with team. The onsite consisted of a portfolio review, a design exercise, and 1x1 interviews with STAR questions.

Most people were very nice and friendly. The design team was aloof and less so.

Intuit recommended showing breadth during the portfolio review. However people were only interested in design work that they could relate to. My advice would be to ignore the portfolio instructions and only bring design pieces which are relevant to the position.

Interview Question – I applied to a Web design opening and got a touchscreen design exercise, which was strange. IMO the exercise was poorly conceived and written as well.   Answer Question

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Desktop Support Technician
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intuit in May 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was straight forward and brief for the most part. It was made clear at the time that this was not a contract to hire position. I would be filling in for a permanent employee who would be transferring from another location.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to take the position even know that there would not be a permanent position available after the contracted time.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in July 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview plus 6 rounds 1:1 interviews. People are nice and smart. Interviewers are not directly relates to the position role. But I believe that's way to check if the candidate really fits to group based on the behavioral check and personality.

Interview Question – Give examples which you made a decision and you could not make a decision.   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Senior User Experience Designer
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Intuit in September 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed for several UX positions from November 2011 - September 2012 . The process was the same for all. Most of them required both panel and one-on-one reviews. Also, a 45 min test to come up with wireframes (on the spot reqs are provided) and a panel portfolio review.

Interview Question – I didnt think any difficult or unexpected questions. Mostly project related questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuit in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was an internal referral so all I had was an on-site interview. I spoke with 7 different people from senior engineer to director. The interviews were fairly easy (maybe because it is an internal referral). I spent most of the time talking about my resume and discuss about Intuit's recent move to cloud platform.
The interview lasted around 6 hours. I got a verbal offer at the same day after my interview. The overall experience is extremely positive. I can't wait to start my new job!

Interview Question – Load Balancer, AWS.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer is extremely generous. I didn't negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – - initial phone call from HR to discuss positions
- was matched up with a manager and had a phone screen that was about 45 minutes long focused on technical questions
- the following week, was flown out for an all day interview that consisted of a combination of technical, business, and social questions.
- there was also a lunch included as well a tour of the facilities

Interview Question – There were a series of questions based on a fictional programming language where you're prompted to create methods based on a series of rules/restrictions. Required ad hoc thinking about how to work within contraints of this made up language. Each subsequent question required expanding further with this language. While the solutions seem very clear after the fact, it was definitely a good mental challenge during that hour.   Answer Question

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!