Intuit Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Jul 1, 2014

69 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in December 2013.

Phone interview lead to on-site interview (expenses paid).
    Scheduling seemed to be an area of difficulty for HR; be flexible.
    Be prepared to answer vague questions; attempt to answer in multiple ways.

Interview Questions
    • Every question was vague, even when asked to be more specific.   View Answer

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuit in April 2014.

Technical and Behavior rounds
    Initial 30 minutes technical interview with hiring manager.
    Once its cleared one-one interview with 5 members.
    Technical and Behavior questions mostly on Java, Spring, hibernate.

Concentrate on interview at EOD which matters.

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuit in April 2013.

The recruiter from Intuit contacted me from LinkedIn through email. We talked on the phone in a week and the conversation went well. She said she will set up a phone screen with me and the team leader, I followed up with her for the phone interview schedule and have not heard back from her ever since.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in October 2013.

Met with a HR Recruiter at a Job fair for my college and had a fantastic conversation. I was told that I would receive a phone call within two weeks. Got my phone call, scheduled a one hour phone interview; the first half was behavioral and the second was technical. During the technical interview I was asked any specific coding questions, but rather to follow and answer questions as the interviewer built up a larger software idea.

Interview Questions
    • The entire behavioral interview was rather difficult as I have had very interviews like it.   Answer Question

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in January 2010.

Agrressive recruiters that do an outstanding job to get you in. What they tell you and promise you on the outside is very different from what you will experience once you start. Interview process is pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
    Not hard at all. They compensate very well.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intuit in January 2014.

Straightforward interview process. Starts with a call from the recruiter (30 minutes), then hiring manager call (45 minutes - 1 hour), 4-5 hour on site interview. They use the star method - mainly behavioral questions.

As another person mentioned.....ITS REALLY ANNOYING THAT YOUR RECRUITERS ON NON-RESPONSIVE. This is the most unprofessional company I have worked with. Weeks went by with no reply to emails. If you're looking for a company who keeps its candidates in the dark and waste their time then this is the company for you.

Otherwise I recommend applying to other companies who have a better recruiting system in place and who know how to behave in a professional manner.

Come on Intuit, get it together. Your recruiters suck.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in January 2014.

Process took about 3-4 weeks. Process involved initial phone screens with recruiter, hiring manager followed by onsite interview with a team of 5 interviewers - hiring manager, couple of product managers, marketing and engineering reps.

Interviewers were fairly professional. Intuits interviews tend to be mostly behavioral in nature tending towards the type of how would you respond in a particular situation? what is your approach in xyz scenario? Felt that there was an emphasis on going lean too. The engineering lead was specifically probing on areas around lean product development. Nothing technical involved. This is ideal for a PM generalist. It did seem that they had an interesting approach to product management where customers are engaged fairly intimately with the product design and development process.

Biggest gripe was with the recruiter. No communication after weeks from the onsite interview and i see the same position reposted too on their site. Even if the decision is obvious, it fairly reflects their lack of professionalism and that is consistent with similar experiences from other candidates in this forum.

Interview Questions
    • Laborius STAR format questions - tell me about a time when X happened resulting in Y and you did Z to resolve that? same format to themes like conflict resolution, removing roadblocks, favorite consumer product, biggest challenge and etc. etc....interviewees should have the following nailed down :
      1) why intuit and this role?
      2) why leave you current role?
      3) what are you looking for in your next role?
        Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in June 2010.

Nice and professional way

Feel Not fit the culture

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intuit.

Initially interviewed with multiple parties and was offered a position in principle. Was later told that they were moving in a new direction. Re-applied for a rotational assignment in a similar role and was offered the role after interviews with 5 or 6 people. The process was extremely slow even as an internal employee taking over 60 days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where your ideas were met with resistance, How did you overcome the adversity and what was the result   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in January 2014.

The whole process are phone interview with HR, and hiring manager, then onsite interview. After that you can get a final decision.

Interview Questions
    • In general, the questions are more related with your passed experience and the working knowledge regarding with the opening.   View Answer

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!