Intuit

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intuit.

The process started with 2 phone interviews and then an in-person interview. The in-person interview included meeting with a number of team members one-to-one, followed by a presentation that I was to share with the whole team in a conference room. the one-to-one meetings seemed to be mostly around fit with the team, but a couple of the interviewers had some very detailed questions.

Interview Questions
  • It was more than 6 years ago and I can't recall them specifically.   Answer Question
The negotiation included a formal offer and paper work with benefit explanations, etc.

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in December 2010.

The recruiter was very prompt in responding to my application submission. I got a call back within a few days to schedule a screening interview with the recruiter. After the initial screening interview (on the phone), I had a phone call with the hiring manager. I had an initial onsite interview at the remote site I would be working from (mainly to meet a few coworkers that I would be working with regularly), followed by another phone call with the hiring manager who invited me to an in-person interview with the design team.

Because I was at a different location from the rest of the team, it took an extra week or so to get an onsite interview set up. The onsite design interview consisted of: 1) A portfolio review presentation for about 45 minutes. 2) A design challenge on the whiteboard for about 20-30 minutes. 3) A series of 1 on 1 interviews with 2-3 team members, the hiring manager, and 1-2 people from other departments. Overall the interview was exhausting and very difficult, but at the end of it I appreciated that they seemed to be careful about who they hired (a major flaw with previous software companies I had worked for). I felt well informed about the role I'd be stepping into based on the interview process.

Lunch was provided for me onsite from the cafeteria and I met with the recruiter in person over lunch. Generally they seem to take really good care of people during the interview process...pay for all of your meals, travel and hotel expenses as expected. They are very accommodating about your current work schedule and trying to fit in interviews when it is convenient (within reason). I got an offer about 3-4 days (1-2 business days) after the final in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation at work. What did you do to overcome it?   View Answers (2)
    My advice is to decide upfront what you want to make and tell them that number or close to it as your current salary. You won't be able to budge them much more than 3-5% higher than the initial number you tell them (and that's if you're a persistent negotiator and lucky), so be smart about your initial number. They pay well, so don't be shy. If you have 5-10 years experience like I did, at least ask for what seems to be the company average on Glassdoor. They would not budge on the salary because I was already at the high end of the spectrum for my job, but I was able to negotiate an additional week of vacation (3 instead of standard 2 for a first year employee) and I received some RSUs (restricted stock units) because I was leaving a bonus on the table at my old company by leaving before year end. the RSUs vest 50% after 2 years and the other 50% after 3 years, so make sure you're going in to a position you plan to be in for a while to get the most out of them.