Intuit

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Product Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Intuit in February 2014.

Interview Details – As pointed out by at least a few people here the interview process and subsequent feedback for this company leaves a lot to be desired. In fact I am just going to copy and paste what one fellow interviewee wrote for my same exact role:

"As another person mentioned.....ITS REALLY ANNOYING THAT YOUR RECRUITERS ON NON-RESPONSIVE. This is the most unprofessional company I have worked with. Weeks went by with no reply to emails. If you're looking for a company who keeps its candidates in the dark and waste their time then this is the company for you.

Otherwise I recommend applying to other companies who have a better recruiting system in place and who know how to behave in a professional manner.

Come on Intuit, get it together. Your recruiters suck."

As a matter of fact its been a few weeks and I have already started with another job. I never received any response response back from the recruiters. Apparently it is very difficult to email YES or NO or WAIT A FEW DAYS. I dont even know the interview outcome to record here. Its basically like calling and emailing a blackhole.

Interview Question – Questions were not really difficult. Very standard behavioral questions and a light business case. I am not even sure how they distinguish between different candidates with such simple questions.   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intuit in January 2014.

Interview Details – Straightforward interview process. Starts with a call from the recruiter (30 minutes), then hiring manager call (45 minutes - 1 hour), 4-5 hour on site interview. They use the star method - mainly behavioral questions.

Come on Intuit, get it together. Your recruiters suck.

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details – I interviewed internally, so this was not applicable

Interview Question – You do not have to be technical to be a Product Manager at Intuit but sometimes they ask you technical questions anyways.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in April 2013.

Interview Details – Was referred to by an internal contact. I first got a call from the recruiter. That call went well so she scheduled a call with the hiring manager about a week later. Had a great call with him as well so they then they scheduled onsite interviews. I met 6 different people for about 45 min each. Basically everyone on the team I would be working with. I was there from 9am to about 2pm. Up this point the process was really smooth and the hiring team was very responsive to my questions.

I thought the interviews went well but I never heard back. Couple of weeks went by and I pinged the recruiter and HR person but they didn't even bother replying back to me. It's been about three weeks now so I think their decision is obvious.

Extremely unprofessional that they don't even reply back.

Interview Question – Most interview questions were about how your product management background. Questions are around how you make decisions, how you use metrics, data, how you decide on best UX etc. There were a couple of difficult questions. One interviewer asked me to whiteboard the process of adding a feature to their current product. How I'd go about doing it, and what it would look like in the end. Also asked one of those brainteaser questions.   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intuit in February 2011.

Interview Details – Intuit has one of the best interviewing processes I've ever seen -- the 2 phone interviews (first with the recruiter, then with the hiring manager) each happened on day after the other, and the feedback was super timely. The on-site interview was shortly after the phone interview with the hiring manager, and consisted of a half day with about 6 different business partners in my department. Everyone was super professional, friendly, listened, and asked insightful questions. I had a great feeling after the interview, and they moved really quickly in making me an offer (and even accommodated a vacation that I had planned). Awesome interview process.

Interview Question – There were no difficult interview questions -- all of the questions focused around my background, accomplishments, and what I would bring to Intuit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Like most larger firms, Intuit has certain salary bands that employees at each level have to fall into. However, I was still able to negotiate and get the dollar amount that I knew would make me happy and motivate me to work really hard for them -- something they acknowledged as being important. They got approval for the amount I was looking for, and were very polite and understanding during the offer phase.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Intuit in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on Intuit website (not a Taleo system - yea!), contacted by company recruiter via email to set up phone interview with her. Phone screen was short: 15 mins. Very brief about background, she had three specific questions and gave me her target salary range. She set up phone interview with hiring manager who had about 15 - 20 candidates to screen. It was a 30 min call - more questions about experience and background. Led to on site 1-hr interviews with 6 people, including lunch interview with hiring manager. They provided names and titles of interviewees in advance so there was time to check them out on LinkedIn, google, etc. Interviewers had sheets with questions to cover different areas - including behavioral questions. My background was very different from this company and its industry - they were very good about asking questions I could successfully answer despite that. Dress was business casual - no one there wears a suit - I wore dressy pants, silk blouse, cardigan and felt sufficiently dressed for an interview.

Negotiation Details – HR recruiter called to offer me the position about a week later and tried to nail down specifics of the offer by phone. Very open to negotiation and interested in past $$. Written offer came via email. I again negotiated salary -- but really did have another offer so i had additional leverage.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in December 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by first recruiter to ask general experience questions. Asked for my previous salary, which was optional. Asked if I was willing to relocate.
Second recruiter was more senior and gave me very specific feedback about the way I introduced my story, which was incredibly helpful and helped me stand out. She told me she would set up an interview with the hiring manager and what to expect. She recommended I use STAR model to frame my answers.
To prepare, I searched sample behavioral questions and prepared stories for each one.
First phone interview were general industry questions and background. It went well so he said over the phone he'd like to arrange for on site interviews.
Interviewed 6 people individually using a formal template of behavioral questions. Many questions overlapped so I repeated the same stories to several people. Overall very friendly, not overly pushy, and very easy going if you've prepared enough stories to cover many types of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about the time when you had a difficult conversation with a coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very difficult to negotiate. They pressed for information on competing offers or interviews. Trying to negotiate over the phone is useless. They will not give you a formal offer letter until you've nearly committed over the phone to take it, and they even threatened to take back their verbal offer. Once you get the letter, there's no room for negotiation unless you are willing to walk away. Best advice would be to watch a few salary negotiation videos on Youtube to prepare.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intuit

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!

Intuit Videos

Intuit – Why Work for Us?

If you're ready to create, innovate and be part of something big, then you've come to the right place. Our passion for innovation allows us to take risks and try new, ingenious ways to help our customers achieve their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intuit Senior Product Manager interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intuit employees and interview candidates.