Intuit

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intuit in September 2013.

Interview Details – came in the career fair for co-op opportunities. Took 2 interviews and it was done.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult asked as such   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in November 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, behavioral and technical. for Dallas internship. Want you to know CSS, Javascript.

Interview Question – Finite State Machine to identify how a bit stream is divisible by 4.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intuit in January 2012.

Interview Details – 2 - 3 rounds of phone interview followed by 5 - 6 rounds of technical interview

Interview Question – Design of a web app   Answer Question

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details – Had first round of interview on phone, it was quite easy regarding what have you done so far.

Interview Question – What toughest project have you managed so far? How?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuit in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was an internal referral so all I had was an on-site interview. I spoke with 7 different people from senior engineer to director. The interviews were fairly easy (maybe because it is an internal referral). I spent most of the time talking about my resume and discuss about Intuit's recent move to cloud platform.
The interview lasted around 6 hours. I got a verbal offer at the same day after my interview. The overall experience is extremely positive. I can't wait to start my new job!

Interview Question – Load Balancer, AWS.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer is extremely generous. I didn't negotiate.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – Very basic java questions, ie describe why encapsulation is important, what are the benefits of OO design.

Then some behavior questions such as if you wanted to build an elevator, how would you do it?

Interview Question – I think I was asked how to reverse a string, maintaining string order.   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Intuit in January 2012.

Interview Details – first round is a typical hr round

Mountain View, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Intuit in February 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview consisted of questions relating to prior project experience. Some data structure and time complexity questions.

Interview Question – pseudo code to check if a string is a palindrome   View Answers (2)

San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Intuit in December 2009.

Interview Details – the interview consisted of two parts. first part was 45 mins hr interview. the second part was also 45 mins and it was a technical interview. hr interview consisted of general questions whereas the technical interview went in depth of C++ programming language.

Interview Question – Difference between c++ and java?   View Answers (3)

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen with the HR person, that went fine, a phone screen with the manager. That went fine as well, but he didn't ask me any technical questions which I believe would have set expectations of what they are looking for and save us all a bunch of time. After two weeks I was brought in for a in-person interview.

The interview went fine, I knew I didn't pass the technical bar. Again back to the phone screen process. If they would have asked some technical questions then we would have both knew they where looking for someone with backend knowledge and I could have gone to the beach for a day.

I never heard back from Intuit after the interview. I knew I didn't get the job as soon as I left. But it is common courtesy is you let the person know. Recruiters at Intuit need to do there job and provide basic feedback.

Interview Question – array comparision   Answer Question

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!