Intuit Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2014

2.7

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

Contacted by recruited after meeting at career fair. Two round interview process. First round is HR with behavioral questions. Second round was technical interview. Behavioral interview was team building and more of situation type questions. Technical was completely on Data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions
  • Cannot disclose questions. Data structures and algorithms.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

Came On Campus. Selected my resume and gave an interview slot during the career fair itself. 2 Interviews - first was technical. A simple coding ques based on multiples of 3,5 to print something. Taking care of multiples of both. Asked to optimize the code. Few ques about projects I did. Second Interview - Asked behaviraol ques. like challenges, being in a leadership role, most innovative project, most proud project, if u are put in a payroll system what all things would you do. No further rounds after this.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing serious... basic behavioral and technical ques.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit in September 2013.

came in the career fair for co-op opportunities. Took 2 interviews and it was done.

Software Engineer Interview

Had first round of interview on phone, it was quite easy regarding what have you done so far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intuit in June 2013.

It was an internal referral so all I had was an on-site interview. I spoke with 7 different people from senior engineer to director. The interviews were fairly easy (maybe because it is an internal referral). I spent most of the time talking about my resume and discuss about Intuit's recent move to cloud platform.
    The interview lasted around 6 hours. I got a verbal offer at the same day after my interview. The overall experience is extremely positive. I can't wait to start my new job!

Interview Questions
    The offer is extremely generous. I didn't negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit.

Very basic java questions, ie describe why encapsulation is important, what are the benefits of OO design.

Then some behavior questions such as if you wanted to build an elevator, how would you do it?

Interview Questions
    • I think I was asked how to reverse a string, maintaining string order.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in November 2012.

2 interviews, behavioral and technical. for Dallas internship. Want you to know CSS, Javascript.

Interview Questions
    • Finite State Machine to identify how a bit stream is divisible by 4.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intuit in January 2012.

2 - 3 rounds of phone interview followed by 5 - 6 rounds of technical interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Intuit in January 2012.

first round is a typical hr round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intuit in February 2011.

Phone interview consisted of questions relating to prior project experience. Some data structure and time complexity questions.