Intuit

Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.8

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

First, there were two phone screens. The phone screens asked mostly behavioral and fit questions with a little bit of technical questions. Then there was an onsite interview with four engineers covering both behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • They had their own made-up question that you will never expect, and that question really tested your logic. I don't think I'm allowed to share it here.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intuit in November 2014.

Two interviews - one technical, one behavioral. Technical interview included talking about projects on resume, being able to reproduce an algorithm from said projects. Trivia questions based on skillsets/technologies mentioned on resume. Technical question involved implementing the Fibonacci sequence algorithm.

Behavioral question based on reasons why to work at the company, leadership-based questions, culture-fit questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected - asking about very particular git commands.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Intuit.

Since I was introduced to Intuit by sort-of-a referral, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an on-site interview first thing. I was interviewed by the team I would be working with, which meant five back-to-back 45-minute interviews which each team member. There were four technical interviews, and one behavioral interview. All of my interviewers were very nice, understanding, and encouraging as I went through solving their technical questions. Intuit also provided me with lunch.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intuit.

applied through college job fair, received mail saying I was invited to interview, applied online on company website as told.
    scheduled on campus interview.
    two interviews, half an hour each, back-to-back interviews, one behavioral and one technical.
    separate interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • The 'coding' problem was super easy but there were some terminology questions that took me by surprise   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit.

Had two 45 minute interviews (1 behavioral, 1 technical). In the technical question I was asked to write code to filter out "bad words" in a chat screen by replacing the characters in the word with asterisks. The format of the string could be multiple words, spaces and periods between letters/words. You have a list of "bad words"

The behavioral interview essentially was just me talking about past experiences and how I handled problems/situations.

Interview Questions
    I didn't really have to negotiate because it was a really good offer (in my opinion). They have intern housing and pay for all of it. They also have a shuttle that runs between corporate housing and the campus, so I won't need to rent a car. Overall, the relocation package is fantastic along with an extremely reasonable base pay.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

Contacted by recruited after meeting at career fair. Two round interview process. First round is HR with behavioral questions. Second round was technical interview. Behavioral interview was team building and more of situation type questions. Technical was completely on Data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot disclose questions. Data structures and algorithms.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

Came On Campus. Selected my resume and gave an interview slot during the career fair itself. 2 Interviews - first was technical. A simple coding ques based on multiples of 3,5 to print something. Taking care of multiples of both. Asked to optimize the code. Few ques about projects I did. Second Interview - Asked behaviraol ques. like challenges, being in a leadership role, most innovative project, most proud project, if u are put in a payroll system what all things would you do. No further rounds after this.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing serious... basic behavioral and technical ques.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in August 2014.

You need to apply online. Then if you are selected you will get a link to apply for a specific position on their portal. Initial screening is mostly Domain knowledge, Java, your past experience. 4-5 rounds of interview for full time.

Interview Questions
    • Some data structures problems. They ask few puzzles too. Be prepared for lots of technology specific questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intuit in February 2014.

The process is very slow. It took over two months. The recruiters are very unresponsive.

The Process:
    2 interviews -
    1) 30 min Phone. This was behavioral
    2) 45 min Skype - Technical - this one went on for over an hour ( first half was again behavioral and second half technical)

Simple data structure questions.

I had taken up another (better) offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit in September 2013.

came in the career fair for co-op opportunities. Took 2 interviews and it was done.