Intuit Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intuit in September 2013.

came in the career fair for co-op opportunities. Took 2 interviews and it was done.

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in November 2012.

2 interviews, behavioral and technical. for Dallas internship. Want you to know CSS, Javascript.

Interview Questions
    • Finite State Machine to identify how a bit stream is divisible by 4.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intuit in January 2012.

2 - 3 rounds of phone interview followed by 5 - 6 rounds of technical interview

Software Engineer Interview

Had first round of interview on phone, it was quite easy regarding what have you done so far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuit in June 2013.

It was an internal referral so all I had was an on-site interview. I spoke with 7 different people from senior engineer to director. The interviews were fairly easy (maybe because it is an internal referral). I spent most of the time talking about my resume and discuss about Intuit's recent move to cloud platform.
    The interview lasted around 6 hours. I got a verbal offer at the same day after my interview. The overall experience is extremely positive. I can't wait to start my new job!

Interview Questions
    The offer is extremely generous. I didn't negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intuit.

Very basic java questions, ie describe why encapsulation is important, what are the benefits of OO design.

Then some behavior questions such as if you wanted to build an elevator, how would you do it?

Interview Questions
    • I think I was asked how to reverse a string, maintaining string order.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Intuit in January 2012.

first round is a typical hr round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Intuit in February 2011.

Phone interview consisted of questions relating to prior project experience. Some data structure and time complexity questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Intuit in December 2009.

the interview consisted of two parts. first part was 45 mins hr interview. the second part was also 45 mins and it was a technical interview. hr interview consisted of general questions whereas the technical interview went in depth of C++ programming language.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in February 2010.

I had a phone screen with the HR person, that went fine, a phone screen with the manager. That went fine as well, but he didn't ask me any technical questions which I believe would have set expectations of what they are looking for and save us all a bunch of time. After two weeks I was brought in for a in-person interview.

The interview went fine, I knew I didn't pass the technical bar. Again back to the phone screen process. If they would have asked some technical questions then we would have both knew they where looking for someone with backend knowledge and I could have gone to the beach for a day.

I never heard back from Intuit after the interview. I knew I didn't get the job as soon as I left. But it is common courtesy is you let the person know. Recruiters at Intuit need to do there job and provide basic feedback.

Interview Questions

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!