Intuit

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in June 2010.

Interview Details – Nice and professional way

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Feel Not fit the culture

Staff Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details – Recruiters are horrible. They dont communicate to candidates properly.

Interview Question – Everything was within my reach   Answer Question

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very nice interview process. Nice people. They all liked me and felt I am a good fit for a senior software engineer.I really enjoyed the interview. But they could not open up a new req for that position.

Interview Question – Prepare well with what you have in your resume along with debugging production issues, data structures and some problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details – random recruiters call asking for different positions. they arrange interviews. i got thru 2 phone rounds easily. they said they will bring onsite. suddenly gets an email that teams shuffled and the requirement freeze.

Interview Question – how hibernate works   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Intuit in May 2011.

Interview Details – I had 7 interviewers spanning a broad range of job functions and areas of focus (engineers, architects, product managers, directors). One interviewer commented after looking at the schedule that the loop might be uncommonly thorough. They asked me questions around technical ability, prioritization, strategy, and situational leadership.

The group was very transparent about the challenges facing the team (after starting here, I can confirm that what they portrayed is indeed reflective of the situation on the ground). Most of the interviewers were very polished, asking questions that really made me think, truly respecting areas of my experience I was not at liberty to talk about, and ensuring a pretty smooth flow to the conversation. One of my interviewers was a little too blunt with the behavioral interviewing best practices, but this had the hallmarks of someone new to interviewing rather than a serious red flag. I wish the loop had gone deeper on hard technical capabilities, as I felt there were some relevant depth of skillset on coding and design that was not quantified as well as it could have been.

Overall a long, challenging day but very positive experience.

Interview Question – The most challenging (and interesting) question was about a strategy for finding signal in a noisy and poorly understood data set. Asking a software engineer a data science question really stretches the mental muscles.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was different from other places I worked in that I was expected to supply the first set of numbers. This is always tricky as you don't want to leave comp on the table but also don't want to turn off an interested team with sky high demands. After that hurdle, I felt that the recruiter actually went to bat for me (as nearly all will say but so few will actually do) in having the comp meet my requirements.

My advice is to have a set of clear, well-grounded comp targets at the start of the negotiations process.

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuit in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was introduced to the company through a hiring firm. I had three interviews with a business manager, a technical lead, and the senior site leader across two days. Questions ranged from logical questions, use of technologies, and those that deal with your own perspective on soft subjects. I also had the opportunity to ask questions about the company and the type of work. It was a fairly smooth process. After these interviews I was called back for another interview within the week and was made an offer to join the company.

Interview Question – The technical interviewer asked about my opinions on guiding a customer through setting up a new software product and how to make it a positive experience. I had never considered how to accomplish this effectively.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Intuit in July 2012.

Interview Details – There was one telephonic round which lasted for 25 minutes. Started with usual introduction and was asked few technical questions.
I was called for a 1:1 after 4 days. It consisted of 2 technical rounds and one managerial round. I was asked to write programs during the technical rounds which tested the fundamentals of pointers.
In the initial 10 minutes itself I was sure that I am not doing satisfactorily because it involved writing the actual code and not just outlining the logic was sufficient. The interviewers wanted the fully working code to be written.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to perform string copy using pointers   View Answer
  • Write a function to convert integer to text. Like 44556 should be Forty four thousand five hundred fifty six   View Answer

Staff Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Intuit in March 2008.

Interview Details – internal referral
brought me in
talked to 6 people -- 1 day
very technical

Interview Question – logic questions -- I do not remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!