Intuit

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit in December 2009.

Overall the interview process was as expected. There was an initial screening interview in person with HR, followed by a phone interview with a Senior Manager and an in-person interview with a Manager. Intuit typically uses a behavioral interview style: "Tell me about a time when...." I was very disappointed, though, by 3 aspects of my application process: 1) that I had to repeatedly contact the recruiter and manager for status as the time after my last interview extended beyond 3 weeks, 2) that my rejection email from the recruiter never once used the word "you" ("We have decided not to extend any further interviews...."), and 3) that during my interview with the Sr. Manager she only focused on my failures as if to prove a pre-conceived notion that I was not a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions
  • What was your greatest failure to act on an opportunity and what was the outcome from that failure?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Technical Writer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intuit in December 2011.

Applied online and had a Phone interview in early December 2011. The interview went well and I was told by the hiring manager that candidates would be brought in for interviews before the holidays.

I e-mailed the recruiter one week before Christmas and was told in an e-mail that the hiring manager was interested in me, but that no in-person interviews were scheduled yet.

The recruiter said in e-mail that she would reach out to me once the hiring manager had scheduled in-person interviews.

One month later (January 2012), I heard nothing, so I sent a follow-up e-mail to the recruiter.

Still nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your background and why you are interested in this opportunity.   Answer Question