Intuitive Surgical

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Human Resources Business Partner
Norcross, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Intuitive Surgical in May 2014.

Interview Details – They go through recruiters like underwear. Poor questions, little ability to understand what makes someone successful there. They are only interested in the hiring from a direct competitor rather than finding talent and innovation. Multiple requests for interview with apparently no actual discussions with hiring managers or understanding of what success looks like.

Interview Question – None, very basic   View Answer

Senior Clinical Sales Representative Interview

Senior Clinical Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intuitive Surgical in June 2014.

Interview Details – Multiple phone screenings and face-to-face interviews. I got the lead through an old colleague. I was flown to Orlando FL and to Milwaukee WI for interviews. The final step was in Sunnyvale CA. This was the final panel interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your biggest failure professionally and how it impacted your personal life?   View Answer

Sales Finance Intern Interview

Sales Finance Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Interview Details – Put in my resume through an online service and was contacted within a week. I scheduled the interview with them the following week. Interview was very straightforward compared to other interviews. I was contacted within the following week whether I got the internship or not

Interview Question – Very typical with their questions: where do you see yourself in the next 5 years, questions about your resume, experience, skills, etc. Just give detailed responses   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Interview Details – The process was 7 interviews (3 phone and 4 in 3 different cities from NJ to California) spanning 3-4 weeks after each level of interview I was given a positive review by my recruiter... until the 7th interview when I was told I didn't get the job.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Interview Details – I have interviewed twice for this position and was led to believe the interview went well. Never received a response back and only found out on both occasions from a friend that works there that they decided to move another FSE into the area from other state. It is, I believe, very unethical for a company to lead you to believe that you will get offered the position and then don't have the courtesy to at least let you know they decided to pursue a different candidate. It is upsetting, but they do have probably the best technology in the field of medical robotics and will try again if given the opportunity.

Interview Question – How does my company pays and how my colleagues feel about it?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Interview Details – The interview process is also known as the gauntlet, as a long series of interviews (believe had a series of 4 - 5 interviews) with people at multiple levels at the company. This will result in a blue badge upon hiring.

Another path is through being hired as a contractor (yellow badge), which can also lead toward a blue badge.

As with many other companies, employee referrals tend to be the most direct path for open positions.

Interview Question – Cannot remember, but questions ranged from technical knowledge of concepts to personality questions.   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Training Specialist
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuitive Surgical in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on the companies website and received a phone call about a week later from a recruiter. The questions the recruiter asked were primarily focused on my background and how they applied to the position I was trying to get. It was definitely more of a conversation and the recruiter was easy to talk to. After about week I had a second phone interview with a hiring manager and the questions were very similar, mostly about how my experiences relate to the open position and what I knew about the company and the job. I'm still in the interview process, because I am out of state, I've been asked to coordinate a date for me to visit the HQ for an in-person interview.

Interview Question – What do you know about Intuitive Surgical and what is your understanding of what this position does?   Answer Question

Senior Clinical Sales Representative Interview

Senior Clinical Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Intuitive Surgical in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very Professional. Screened by phone and then flew out for interview. My inside connection told me the feedback was they made a decision at the dinner interview and the entire next day was kind of bizarre. Interviewed with three mid level execs and a CSM.

Interview Question – Role Playing- Had me deal with a guy that had not prepared for a quiz in training.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The upcoming sales force cut was foreseeable. I was concerned that I could be seen as a job hopper if I say yes then 6-12 months later I was pounding the proverbial pavement. This was a challenge to decline because the reps are top notch and to be surrounded by those as well as the management would have been tremendous.

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuitive Surgical in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process was quick and easy. Very friendly and thorough.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. The questions asked were of administrative type and easy to answer as they pertain to your personalty and how you would handle a particular situation.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Sales Operations
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intuitive Surgical in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was serial with over 8 people. Average difficulty. Very casual and friendly.

Interview Question – They focus a lot on character and core values, which is very good. Unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It took around 2-3 days for the offer.

Worked for Intuitive Surgical? Contribute to the Community!