Intuitive Surgical

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

3.4

Regulatory Affairs Specialist II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

The interview process is pretty straight forward. The one thing that they should work on is doing their internal interviews first and then external. The job I applied for was filled by an internal candidate. The interview process felt like a waste of time for me since they already had their sights set on someone they wanted to hire. They did offer for me to come back and interview for another position, but I didnt want to be a fill in for whatever requirement they had for interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty straight forward. No tricky questions   Answer Question

Intuitive Surgical Response

Nov 12, 2014Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for your posting regarding your interview experience at Intuitive Surgical as we value all input from our candidates. Interview processes are usually an iterative process in that often ... More

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

HR contacted me after a friend at the company forwarded my resume.
    After a brief phone interview, I was invited to a 6 hour on-site interview session with several engineers, manager, and a director.
    HR contacted me after the on-site interview to get references and again later to provide a verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    • How many degrees of freedom does this instrument have?
      How does this manipulator maintain dual parallel constraints to without a conventional 4-bar linkage design?
        Answer Question
    I negotiated the base salary and there was a minor change in my base pay.

Quality Inspector Interview

Recruiter called, interviewed on phone, came in for 2 hr interview. found position through university hiring. took an unexpected tour of the building and was hooked on the product immediately.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical in September 2014.

An excellent interviewing experience. I was contacted promptly after my resume was submitted through an employee referral. Phone screen was comprehensive and professional. My satisfaction regarding interview processes is weighted heavily on communication practices between staffing and myself. They did a admirable job keeping me informed on status, what to expect for next steps, description of the job. Interviews were arranged quickly. Since this job touches many different people and functions I appreciated having the opportunity to meet a good number of folks I would be interfacing with if I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most serious conflict you have ever had one on one with another individual and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Sales Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Put in my resume through an online service and was contacted within a week. I scheduled the interview with them the following week. Interview was very straightforward compared to other interviews. I was contacted within the following week whether I got the internship or not

Interview Questions
    • Very typical with their questions: where do you see yourself in the next 5 years, questions about your resume, experience, skills, etc. Just give detailed responses   Answer Question

Senior Clinical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical in June 2014.

Multiple phone screenings and face-to-face interviews. I got the lead through an old colleague. I was flown to Orlando FL and to Milwaukee WI for interviews. The final step was in Sunnyvale CA. This was the final panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your biggest failure professionally and how it impacted your personal life?   View Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

The process was 7 interviews (3 phone and 4 in 3 different cities from NJ to California) spanning 3-4 weeks after each level of interview I was given a positive review by my recruiter... until the 7th interview when I was told I didn't get the job.

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

I have interviewed twice for this position and was led to believe the interview went well. Never received a response back and only found out on both occasions from a friend that works there that they decided to move another FSE into the area from other state. It is, I believe, very unethical for a company to lead you to believe that you will get offered the position and then don't have the courtesy to at least let you know they decided to pursue a different candidate. It is upsetting, but they do have probably the best technology in the field of medical robotics and will try again if given the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • How does my company pays and how my colleagues feel about it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intuitive Surgical in May 2014.

They go through recruiters like underwear. Poor questions, little ability to understand what makes someone successful there. They are only interested in the hiring from a direct competitor rather than finding talent and innovation. Multiple requests for interview with apparently no actual discussions with hiring managers or understanding of what success looks like.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

The interview process is also known as the gauntlet, as a long series of interviews (believe had a series of 4 - 5 interviews) with people at multiple levels at the company. This will result in a blue badge upon hiring.

Another path is through being hired as a contractor (yellow badge), which can also lead toward a blue badge.

As with many other companies, employee referrals tend to be the most direct path for open positions.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot remember, but questions ranged from technical knowledge of concepts to personality questions.   Answer Question