Intuitive Surgical Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Mar 8, 2015
Updated Mar 8, 2015

3.3

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first one was more general, and took about half an hour. The second one was more technical and tool two hours. There was an HR interview afterwards to discuss the compensations.

Senior Manager, Media Relations and Corporate Communications Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was well organized, thorough and cordial throughout. HR/Recruiting staff was extremely attentive and communicated frequent updates throughout the process- a refreshing approach that demonstrated care for candidates. Prior to being asked to interview in-person, I had multiple phone conversations to ensure that the position was a good fit for all parties involved. In-person interviews were efficiently arranged and proved a valuable use of time. In addition to meeting with the hiring manager and core team, I was ultimately afforded the opportunity to meet with Intuitive's leadership, which further reinforced the company's desire to hire individuals who not only posses the desired skill set, but people that fit with the organization culturally. I interviewed in-person three times before ultimately being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• While there were some basic questions regarding skills, experience, strengths and weaknesses, interviews on a whole were very conversational, which allowed for a better opportunity to get to know the staff and learn more about the job and company.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Finance Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

This is the best and most positive hiring experience I've had in my career. Leaving a company for another is always scary because you don't know if the grass is really greener on the other side. Intuitive's HR dept made sure I knew exactly the type of company they were. They forwarded me news articles, videos, etc about the company. They made me feel like I really was THE ONE for the job. They truly made me feel special. Once I accepted I was even sent a wine and cheese gift basket with a card welcoming me to the company. Who does this anymore? :-)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no need for negotiation. Their offer was very generous.

Intuitive Surgical Response

Feb 11, 2015Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Wow! Thank you for your positive testamonial on our HR department! We cannot thank you enough and we are so happy that you enjoyed your interview experience with us and we look forward to you being ... More

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

An excellent interviewing experience. I was contacted promptly after my resume was submitted through an employee referral. Phone screen was comprehensive and professional. My satisfaction regarding interview processes is weighted heavily on communication practices between staffing and myself. They did a admirable job keeping me informed on status, what to expect for next steps, description of the job. Interviews were arranged quickly. Since this job touches many different people and functions I appreciated having the opportunity to meet a good number of folks I would be interfacing with if I had the job.

Interview Questions

• What was the most serious conflict you have ever had one on one with another individual and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Intuitive Surgical Response

Feb 4, 2015Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us and others who may be looking at how our company drives for a thorough, but positive candidate experience in our staffing processes. Thank you ... More

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online on the companies website and received a phone call about a week later from a recruiter. The questions the recruiter asked were primarily focused on my background and how they applied to the position I was trying to get. It was definitely more of a conversation and the recruiter was easy to talk to. After about week I had a second phone interview with a hiring manager and the questions were very similar, mostly about how my experiences relate to the open position and what I knew about the company and the job. I'm still in the interview process, because I am out of state, I've been asked to coordinate a date for me to visit the HQ for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Intuitive Surgical and what is your understanding of what this position does?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone screen followed by 3 on-campus interviews meeting 14 individuals. Overall very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions were vague in most cases and redundant between interviewers. My assumption is there was no particular area of focus provided for each interviewer.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview was serial with over 8 people. Average difficulty. Very casual and friendly.

Interview Questions

• They focus a lot on character and core values, which is very good. Unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took around 2-3 days for the offer.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Everyone I met with was hospitable and cordial. The questions asked were typical

Sales Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Performed intial interview with two representative at a hiring conference. Follow-on, on site interview consisted of back-to-back one-on-one interviews with 7 more representatives. Very talented group, and a very lean, talented company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took a risk that didn't pay off.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a hair-brained decision that didn't pay off.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Was called for an initial phone screening that went well. Then ended up being scheduled for in-person interviews. Ended up meeting with a total of 9 individuals at four different interviews... expect to meet with groups of 3-5 people (individually) so be sure you can block out a good time of day, or take a half day if you are working elsewhere. The interview coordinator takes some time to schedule interviews (at least when you are on the waiting end), and be prepared for any changes. Overall, pretty effective organization, but a lot of work. Which would probably be worth it if I was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were ethical   1 Answer
    • What would your current employer complain about (you)?   1 Answer