Intuitive Surgical

3.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical in September 2014.

An excellent interviewing experience. I was contacted promptly after my resume was submitted through an employee referral. Phone screen was comprehensive and professional. My satisfaction regarding interview processes is weighted heavily on communication practices between staffing and myself. They did a admirable job keeping me informed on status, what to expect for next steps, description of the job. Interviews were arranged quickly. Since this job touches many different people and functions I appreciated having the opportunity to meet a good number of folks I would be interfacing with if I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most serious conflict you have ever had one on one with another individual and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical in February 2014.

I applied online on the companies website and received a phone call about a week later from a recruiter. The questions the recruiter asked were primarily focused on my background and how they applied to the position I was trying to get. It was definitely more of a conversation and the recruiter was easy to talk to. After about week I had a second phone interview with a hiring manager and the questions were very similar, mostly about how my experiences relate to the open position and what I knew about the company and the job. I'm still in the interview process, because I am out of state, I've been asked to coordinate a date for me to visit the HQ for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Intuitive Surgical and what is your understanding of what this position does?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical in March 2013.

Phone screen followed by 3 on-campus interviews meeting 14 individuals. Overall very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were vague in most cases and redundant between interviewers. My assumption is there was no particular area of focus provided for each interviewer.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical in November 2012.

Interview was serial with over 8 people. Average difficulty. Very casual and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • They focus a lot on character and core values, which is very good. Unexpected.   Answer Question
    It took around 2-3 days for the offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical in June 2011.

Everyone I met with was hospitable and cordial. The questions asked were typical

Sales Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical in March 2011.

Performed intial interview with two representative at a hiring conference. Follow-on, on site interview consisted of back-to-back one-on-one interviews with 7 more representatives. Very talented group, and a very lean, talented company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you took a risk that didn't pay off.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a hair-brained decision that didn't pay off.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuitive Surgical in June 2010.

Was called for an initial phone screening that went well. Then ended up being scheduled for in-person interviews. Ended up meeting with a total of 9 individuals at four different interviews... expect to meet with groups of 3-5 people (individually) so be sure you can block out a good time of day, or take a half day if you are working elsewhere. The interview coordinator takes some time to schedule interviews (at least when you are on the waiting end), and be prepared for any changes. Overall, pretty effective organization, but a lot of work. Which would probably be worth it if I was offered the job!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were ethical   View Answer
    • What would your current employer complain about (you)?   View Answer