Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at InvenSense
- Embedded Software Engineer (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Senior MEMS Design Engineer (1)
- Senior MEMS Technology Engineer (1)
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at InvenSense (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.
Application: Applied on one of the top job portals. Was contacted withing a week. My first impression was that the recruiters look for good local candidates. Process: Was called on site for First round with the hiring manager. This was a basic get-to-know-you round with one technical question on bit manipulation. The rest of the questions were on my resume. He let me know that I will be called for the next round and the recruiter will be in touch with me. I was called for the next round after 2 weeks. Second round was 4 interviews. They were all 45 minute interviews with senior level members in the team. Two were mostly coding(C/C++), puzzles and questions on my resume. The other two questioned me on basic theories of physics, MEMS and a bit of coding.
- How to find the number of leading zeros in a byte. 1 Answer
- Find if a linked list is circular or not 2 Answers
- If you're told to write an application to communicate with a Voltmeter, what are the different objects you would require to do this? 1 Answer
- You're given (lets say) a play station controller, how will you use the arrow keys to navigate through alphabets to write a player name. Find the most efficient route to navigate from one alphabet to another in the given grid. 2 Answers
- Basics about Coriolis effect, MEMS gyroscopes, accelerometers, resonators. Some questions like, Given a graph of voltage varying with temperature, how will you find out at what temperature was the voltage a particular value? If the slope was monotonically increasing, how will you find out the temperature? 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at InvenSense (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2012.
You need to give a one hour presentation for your own experience or research. After that, you will meet everyone in the same team individually for 45 mins and he / she asks you some general technical problems.
- Any comment on your own opinions about product and related research experience. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at InvenSense.
Skype interviews included with Hiring Manager, Director of Engineering, design engineers, Product Engineer and VP Engineer. Be prepared for 4-5 hours of interviews (back to back). Interview process was straight forward, where the Recruiter gets in touch with you and then interviews are set up. There is generally a Skype interview followed with onsite visit.
- Ask basic technical questions. Have strong fundamentals. Be prepared to solve problems on Camera Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InvenSense in February 2011.
They didn't ask too much technical questions but focused more on my knowledge and understanding of their products. The company has ~200 people and branches in other countries. CEO is a very very aggressive person.
- where do you see yourself in 3 years? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review