InvenSense Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

3.2

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at InvenSense (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Application: Applied on one of the top job portals. Was contacted withing a week. My first impression was that the recruiters look for good local candidates.
    Process:
    Was called on site for First round with the hiring manager. This was a basic get-to-know-you round with one technical question on bit manipulation. The rest of the questions were on my resume. He let me know that I will be called for the next round and the recruiter will be in touch with me.
    I was called for the next round after 2 weeks.
    Second round was 4 interviews. They were all 45 minute interviews with senior level members in the team. Two were mostly coding(C/C++), puzzles and questions on my resume. The other two questioned me on basic theories of physics, MEMS and a bit of coding.

Interview Questions

• How to find the number of leading zeros in a byte.   1 Answer
    • Find if a linked list is circular or not   1 Answer
    • If you're told to write an application to communicate with a Voltmeter, what are the different objects you would require to do this?   1 Answer
    • You're given (lets say) a play station controller, how will you use the arrow keys to navigate through alphabets to write a player name. Find the most efficient route to navigate from one alphabet to another in the given grid.   1 Answer
    • Basics about Coriolis effect, MEMS gyroscopes, accelerometers, resonators.
      Some questions like, Given a graph of voltage varying with temperature, how will you find out at what temperature was the voltage a particular value? If the slope was monotonically increasing, how will you find out the temperature?

1 Answer

Senior MEMS Technology Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at InvenSense (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

You need to give a one hour presentation for your own experience or research. After that, you will meet everyone in the same team individually for 45 mins and he / she asks you some general technical problems.

Interview Questions

• Any comment on your own opinions about product and related research experience.   Answer Question

Senior MEMS Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at InvenSense.

Interview

Skype interviews included with Hiring Manager, Director of Engineering, design engineers, Product Engineer and VP Engineer. Be prepared for 4-5 hours of interviews (back to back). Interview process was straight forward, where the Recruiter gets in touch with you and then interviews are set up. There is generally a Skype interview followed with onsite visit.

Interview Questions

• Ask basic technical questions. Have strong fundamentals. Be prepared to solve problems on Camera   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at InvenSense in February 2011.

Interview

They didn't ask too much technical questions but focused more on my knowledge and understanding of their products. The company has ~200 people and branches in other countries. CEO is a very very aggressive person.