Invenergy

Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Invenergy

Senior Corporate Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Invenergy in October 2014.

I had a 30 minute phone interview, followed by an e-mail invite 48 hours later to a 4 hour interview with 4 different people. I Interviewed with 3 accounting managers which took approximately 2 1/2 hours. I felt that a group interview would have been quicker, especially since I was answering the same questions in each interview. The 3rd person that I interviewed with returned and informed me that "something came up" with the 4th person (Controller) and "I was asked to escort you out". No more details were given at that time, however I did receive the BEST "thank you but no thank you" letter 48 hours later and encouraging me to apply for other accounting positions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Questions - "Have you always lived in Illinois"?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Invenergy.

There was a phone interview followed by an office visit with four or five interviews there. The questions consisted primarily of behavioral and resume review questions without any technical or case related content. All of my interviewers were very friendly and accommodating throughout the process. My only complaint is that the process took a fairly long time to pan out. The gap between the phone interview and the in office interviews was a bit long, but it all worked out in the end.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Pretty much all basic resume review.   Answer Question

Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Invenergy in April 2011.

I was contacted directly by the HR rep. I conducted brief phone interview with the same HR rep that seemed to go well. At the end of the interview I was asked to provide dates I was available for an office visit and that I would be contacted the following week to finalize the schedule. I sent the requested dates and never heard back. I sent two additional emails and left a voice mail.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Invenergy in February 2011.

Direct contact by hr rep to schedule phone interview by HR. Second phone interview scheduled and conducted by dept. Director. Panel interview scheduled for fly in to corporate office in Chicago. Communication and travel arrangements were thorough, efficient and flexible. First impression of each person on the 5 person interview panel was excellent. They were scheduled to interview independently lasting approximately an hour each. Each presented the company in a positive but truthful way and prefaced each session with not only its history but current and future challenges and initiatives. This aided in fitting my qualifications to their needs.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary that's not covered on anon board interview q&a form.   View Answer
    Yes. Across the board, Invenergy's base salaries are 15% lower than the same positions in other companies. Their benefits and bonus structure make up that gap for the most part but fall slightly short of meeting the competition.