Invensys

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lab Technician Co-op Interview

Lab Technician Co-op
Foxborough, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Invensys in April 2014.

Interview Details – Got a call from a HR representative; Called them back, and set up an interview later that week. I was given the name and job positions of my interviewers, but not the particular faucility i needed to be at. There are several invensys owned facilities in Foxborough, so try to arrive early and figure out which one you need to go to.

Interview Question – Explain in detail what you would do to convert a Cyclohexene-ol   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Got an informal offer by phone. Don't try too hard to negotiate your pay - you're probably still an intern after all. You can try to sneak in an extra 2$/hr and justify that you'll need the extra money for gas though.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Invensys in February 2013.

Interview Details – Excellent. Met the hiring manager at a Hotel near the ATL airport. Only interview was a one-on-one with hiring manager. Discuss experience and company goals. Scheduled interview time was 2 hrs. - lasted 3 hrs. Talking about family, jobs, life in general.

Interview Question – What was most challenging position and most difficult personal moment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – On advice from associates, rejected initial offer and countered with a 25% increase. Counter offer presented a 20% increase which was acceptable.

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

Interviewed at Invensys

Interview Details – Process was good but a bit lenghty. Started with a phone interview with an overseas manager, then local interviews with a total of six or seven people at their facility. Online application process was a bit difficult due to their online system. It took a couple of tries to Get it right. Took over a month to get a reply and eventually an interview.

Interview Question – No questions were particularly difficult.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern
Carlsbad, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Invensys in April 2012.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. they asked about academic curriculum and extracurricular activities. Mainly behaviorial

Interview Question – There were not difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got sent an offer through email.

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Invensys.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with HR with some generic questions about my current and previous jobs on my resume. Things like work shifts, commute, and some items on my resume. Then an in person interview with the hiring manager to determine my experience and ability for their specific need. A lot of questions about what I felt i Could do rather than what i had done before. Got the offer next day.

Interview Question – If I gave you an assignment to write a book by tomorrow what would you do?   View Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Invensys.

Interview Details – fast, transparent, easy.

Negotiation Details – Fast

Can't Post That Because They'll Figure IT Out! Interview

Can't Post That Because They'll Figure IT Out!

Interviewed at Invensys

Interview Details – Short and sweet. Quick to contact, quick to interview. Phone interview, in person interview with team members. Offered made, I rejected, they came back with offer, I rejected, came back with an offer and I reluctantly accepted.

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Hardware Design Engineer
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Invensys in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very respectable, although behind in the time for the interviews once inside there were 2 gentlemen that I spoke with who were very knowledgeable and outgoing. They were easy to talk to and understood that I was a college graduate with little to no experience yet challenged my knowledge with detail hardware and software programming questions

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing in 5 years from now?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Another Job Offer closer to me

Technical Staff Interview

Technical Staff
Foxboro, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Invensys in July 2012.

Interview Details – The process took about three months. There were two interviews and a fairly easy test. The interviews were lengthy, detailed-oriented, and involved multiple people. Everyone was friendly and courteous, but the company clearly takes great care to ensure that they are getting someone who will be able to do the job and be a good fit with existing staff.

I had no interaction with HR until the offer was being prepared. Invensys HR uses multiple online systems to collect various types of information from applicants and new employees, for recruiting/application, background check, and onboarding. These systems don't share information between them, so you have to enter the same information again and again into the different systems. It is very time-consuming and somewhat irritating, but not unusual.

Interview Question – There were many pointed questions about minor details in my resume. It is not unusual for interviewers to want to discuss the resume, but I believe some of the intention was to determine whether or not I would try to bluff or pretend to be an expert on something that I had worked with only briefly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't discuss salary until after the interviewing process, but they insisted that I name a figure first. I strongly recommend reviewing the benefits, healthcare premiums, time off, etc. to get a more complete picture of your compensation before you decide how much to ask for.

Engineer Intern Interview

Engineer Intern
Carlsbad, CA

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Invensys in May 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume in the career fair at UCSD and after a month got a call from a recruiter and I was invited for in person interview. It was a panel interview with a manager, a project engineer and two senior engineer. They asked some typical behavioral questions and some detail about my resume.

Interview Question – tell me about a time that you were so curious about something. What did you do?   Answer Question

Worked for Invensys? Contribute to the Community!