Invensys Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Invensys (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

It was a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. they asked about academic curriculum and extracurricular activities. Mainly behaviorial

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got sent an offer through email.

Senior Application Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Invensys (Webster, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

A friend of mine asked if I was interested in working for his company and I told him that it could not hurt to talk about it. I applied online and received a phone call to set up the interview. I was emailed some paperwork to fill out ahead of time and I showed up 10 minutes early. I talked to 5 different people over the next 3 1/2 hours. Everyone was very nice, but two of them were very detailed in their questions.

Interview Questions

• To draw out an RS logic block in Ladder Logic form.   1 Answer

I am very happy with my current job and I was not offered enough to make a jump. I was looking for a 25% increase, and was offered a 17%. Also, my current job is 8 miles from home and the new one would be about 35 miles away.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Invensys (Irvine, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

phone screen consisting of C++ and STL questions as well as questions regarding WCF, .NET and TCP/IP

Interview Questions

I accepted an offer to work for another company. They took too long

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

Just phone interviews, first with the HR representative and then with five Head of Business Units. Calls were scheduled by an administrative person. I could complete four out of the five, which was cancelled and never re schduled. Nice conversations, but this company has a broad portfolio of products, so your experience may not fit to some of them, which is understandable.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions regarding background, why you want to change jobs, idefintify a success and a loss in your career. Nothing out of the box.   Answer Question

New Graduate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Invensys.

Interview

Met at Nuclear Conference, gave in my resume. Sent email to set up a phone screening interview. I was still a student at the point and I still needed to apply for my post grad work permit. Never heard back from them

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Invensys (Bangalore (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

Simple process with generic questions. Technical questions, personal and professional questions. There not many round, start with initial HR screening and with the Operation round. Over all it is very smooth process and one has be very natural.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Invensys (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Interview was purely technical. Basic questions on Instrumentation and process control were asked. Previous experience, job description were discussed.

Interview Questions

• Questions on advanced technical details related to the previous job were the most difficult part of the interview.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Invensys in January 2013.

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn and asked if I would be interested in the position. I expressed interest, and she sent asked me to respond to 3 basic questions to pass the first round (through HR)--one was a leadership example question. Four days later I had a phone interview set up, and that lasted about 3 hours. About two weeks later the company flew me out for an in-person interview with my manager. She asked basic questions on my background, but mostly we just talked so she could get a feel for how I would interact with our clients. After meeting with the manager, 10 days later I heard I was being offered the position. About three weeks after that I started the job.

HR and the recruiter handled the offer and onboarding process, utilizing HireRight as a third-party vendor to do the background check--which is a complete NIGHTMARE.. I basically had to hand deliver every piece of information they required because they seemed too lazy to actually call my references directly. For example, they said they couldn't verify my old employer, but when I called my old employer to see if they had been contacted, they said that no one had even attempted calling them for a reference. The Invensys HR department also seemed frustrated with this process because it meant my hire date might be delayed if HireRight couldn't get their act together in time.

Other than that set back, the rest of the process was easy and straight forward. I was sent to a main office to complete the basic documentation-- I9, W4 form, etc. because my position is 75% travel, and I really do not have a regular home office. HR has a great online system to submit everything and a checklist to ensure you turn in everything you are required to. Code of conduct and harassment training are all online, and all the links to everything you need are sent directly to you through email. The entire process was so simple and easy to follow. Really impressed with how well this onboarding went. Great job HR!

Interview Questions

• I really wasn't asked a lot of direct questions. My manager's style is more informal--we just talked, and she got a feel for my abilities and personality that way instead of a formal list of rehearsed questions/answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate, but not a lot. Fortunately, the company offers a lot of perks right off the bat, so I was really happy with our final results. Good benefits package and travel policies!

Trainee Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Invensys (Mumbai (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

Day - 1
    It was a pooled campus recruitment. We entered a big hall where students (150 odd in number) were asked to assemble. The HR arrived and gave us a twenty minute presentation (1000 HRS) regarding Invensys in India and about FOXBORO. We were told the basic stuff like their main clients, divisions, and a few statistics. After this we proceeded to take the Aptitude test (1100 HRS).

The aptitude test comprised of two objective type papers of 30 questions each. The first was the General Aptitude (Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude etc.). These were quite simple. The second test comprised of engineering aptitude test, with a slight bias towards Control Systems and Instrumentation. This again was quite simple as straight forward questions were posed. There was a negative marking system for incorrectly answered questions. 1 mark for a right answer and -1 for a wrong answer.

The results were announced at 1830 HRS at the College notice board. Twenty five people were selected in all and were given a phone call for the same. We were called up to their facility, at various time slots of five students in each batch over the next two days.

Day - 2
    The selected candidates had to undergo Group Discussion, Technical Interview followed by Personal and HR interview.

The Group Discussion process lasted about 20 minutes where we were given two topics to speak on -
    1. Education System in India vs that Overseas.
    2. Women managing Home and Work.

The discussion was cordial and the entire process got over in about 15-20 minutes.

Technical Interview
    Questions were asked about specialisation areas and final year projects.
    Program for calculating RPM?
    What are SCADA and DCS?
    What is 2-wire, 3-wire RTD?
    Basic Logic Gates Truth Table (AND, OR, XOR) ?

Personal/HR

This was conducted by a Junior Recruiter as well as the Director of their facility.
    Family members?
    Will you be willing to move to Chennai?
    Plans of Higher Studies? The director also told me that I could finish of my higher studies now, and various simpler questions.
    How will you bring about a change/motivate others when you get selected?
    He asked about my aggregate marks being low (as I had just managed to meet the eligibility criteria)?
    Do you have anything to ask?

Interview Questions

• Program for calculating RPM?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Invensys in June 2012.

Interview

Everything happened on the phone. I had a very professional though stretched out hiring experience.
    1. Screening by Recruitment (excellent experience - recruiter was very knowledgeable about the role and dug deep into my resume. Stayed in touch with me throughout the process including negotiation and handled the process very professionally)
    2. Hiring Manager (1 hour)
    3. Manager's Manager (1 hour)
    4. Manager's Manager's Manager (VP) (1 hour)
    5. Regional Manager (1 hour)

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary if you are prepared. But be well prepared as everything will be asked that you can think of.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial offer was 50% lower than market. After negotiation HR revised it to about 18% less than market. That's the best they could do as they had budgeted low for the position.