Invensys Technical Staff Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Foxboro, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foxboro, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Invensys in July 2012.

The process took about three months. There were two interviews and a fairly easy test. The interviews were lengthy, detailed-oriented, and involved multiple people. Everyone was friendly and courteous, but the company clearly takes great care to ensure that they are getting someone who will be able to do the job and be a good fit with existing staff.

I had no interaction with HR until the offer was being prepared. Invensys HR uses multiple online systems to collect various types of information from applicants and new employees, for recruiting/application, background check, and onboarding. These systems don't share information between them, so you have to enter the same information again and again into the different systems. It is very time-consuming and somewhat irritating, but not unusual.

Interview Questions
  • There were many pointed questions about minor details in my resume. It is not unusual for interviewers to want to discuss the resume, but I believe some of the intention was to determine whether or not I would try to bluff or pretend to be an expert on something that I had worked with only briefly.   Answer Question
They didn't discuss salary until after the interviewing process, but they insisted that I name a figure first. I strongly recommend reviewing the benefits, healthcare premiums, time off, etc. to get a more complete picture of your compensation before you decide how much to ask for.

Worked for Invensys? Contribute to the Community!