Inventive Technology Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Inventive Technology

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Inventive Technology in June 2013.

Initially a phone interview followed with a face to face with Senior Management. Not too somber of a mood, even made a few jokes & laughed.

Interview Questions
    • Will the travel time be a strain on your family?   View Answer
    Offer was accepted, salary was negotiated by the consulting firm I was working for.

Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Inventive Technology in February 2011.

Face to face interview, after a phone interview. The CTO queried me about my skills, which I fulfilled in full detail. I went on about my personal experiences in other companies and managed to secure the position. I was quizzed (verbally) about visualization, server setup, windows, hyper-V, etc. I managed to shadow the senior installer and replaced him.

Interview Questions
    The CTO was very unforgiving. When we discussed salary, he refused to budge from the minimum offer. It was less of a negotiation and more of an acceptance that "if you want this job, you'll take the least amount of money". Very poor way of doing business, and understandable why they can't get qualified candidates to come on board. EG: When offered 15-25, the only salary offered is $15/hr (31k/yr). Anything more is laughable and disqualifies you from the job; which makes one wonder why they even offer it. Even with multiple certifications, you can never get more then the lowest offer. Disgusting.

PC Technician/Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at Inventive Technology in May 2010.

I responded to a Craigslist ad for a "PC Technician/Systems Administrator" and received a phone call from the CTO a couple days later. He seemed very interested in my diverse background and many different aspects of my resume. We set up an in-person interview for later that week.

When I arrived the front door was locked "to keep away solicitors;" someone saw me trying to open the door and let me in. I was about 15 minutes early. I responded to some general questions about my resume and experience, received the tour, met a few employees, and pretty soon I was assembling a computer for them as part of a skills evaluation. I had almost finished by the time the CTO and most of the rest of the technical staff invited me out to lunch, but I said I wanted to stay and finish the build and test first, then I had to go to a previously-scheduled appointment (it was already 2 hours into the "interview." He said that he'd get back to me. I finished the build about 10 minutes later, booted it up, and it ran fine. The tech left there with me started installing the operating system.

10 days later I had not heard from them so I send an email. He said they had gone with somebody else.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with/are you comfortable building computers?   Answer Question

Worked for Inventive Technology? Contribute to the Community!