Inverness Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

DOL Employment Workshop Facilitator Interview

DOL Employment Workshop Facilitator

Interviewed at Inverness Technologies

Interview Details – Initial contact via email, followed by screening phone interview by recruiter. Face to face interview scheduled with regional manager and a couple of observers. Asked to demonstrate a brief presentation based on curriculum.

Interview Question – Hitch with the practical presentation technology required ability to present in difficult circumstance.   Answer Question

Military to Civilian Transition Trainer Interview

Military to Civilian Transition Trainer
Falls Church, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Inverness Technologies in May 2013.

Interview Details – After two phone interviews, I was asked to come in and give a presentation from the DOL Workshop material.

Interview Question – Having to give a presentation to only one person (vs. a room full of people)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than I expected so I accepted the offer

TAP Facilitator

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Inverness Technologies.

Interview Details – There were 3 total interviews in the process. The first was about a 30 minute phone interview. This was more like a screening process. A few general questions were asked regarding my interest in the company and job, and specific questions about my resume. The second interview lasted about an hour. It was the same person I spoke to the first time, and also by phone. The third interview was a demonstration interview. I was asked to create a power point and deliver the power point information to a panel. The "panel" was also over the phone, but one person was present at the interview who set everything up.

Interview Question – I was asked common questions such as what are some of my greatest strengths. Another question was what is a challenge that you have overcome. An important question was what are the different types or formats of resumes. Several times I was asked how much money I wanted to make at this job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really was no negotiation. I accepted the price and benefits that they offered. I really don't know how flexible they would be to negotiate.

TAP Facilitator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Inverness Technologies in December 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screening interview (30 minutes).
Then one on one phone interview with supervisor (1 hour).
Then one on one phone interview with vice president ( 30 minutes).
Then 10 minute face to face demonstration presentation on topic of expertise (1 hour total time with supervisor).

Interview Question – Name the three typical types of resumes.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiation was available, after offer was made. Know average salaries for this position and compare your experience to their requirements for the job.

TAP Facilitator

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Inverness Technologies in June 2011.

Interview Details – submitted resume online. Inverness' recruiter responded via email to set up a phone interview. After completing the phone interview , a set up for a presentation interview was completed within 2 days. Completed the presentation interview, and a final phone interview, before receiving the offer via email. 75% of the process was completed via email or telephone. Even part of the presentation was completed via telephone so they hiring managers could hear you presentation. The people were very invested in the TAP Program, the work culture is direct and to the point with little to no management interaction. 75% of your work is done on your own. This is not a position for people who aren't self motivators, do not enjoy people, and do not have the ability to change the course of the class based on the attendance numbers, and cannot network.

Interview Questions

TAP Facilitator

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Inverness Technologies in October 2009.

Interview Details – First contacted via email to set up a phone screening--which took place a few days later and lasted about 20 minutes. Contacted a week later to set up a presentation and another interview. Presentation had to be 10 minutes long in powerpoint. Interview with presentation lasted about 1.5 hours. Conducted one more phone screening before receiving my offer.

Interview Questions

Facilitator Interview

Facilitator

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Inverness Technologies in November 2009.

Interview Details – First communication was to one hiring official, a person with whom I was acquainted (networked); contact made via email. A phone call ensued as did an impromptu first-phone interview. Once that was successful, a more traditional and lengthier phone interview was scheduled, and after that was met with approval, we moved to the next step; a presentation was set up whereas I facilitated a PowerPoint brief I created on a chosen topic from several choices offered to me. At every step, the process was professional and insightful. Inverness Technologies, Inc. has a good, solid screening process for its presenters.

Interview Question – What kinds of resumes are preferred by today's employers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately, I did not participate in salary negotiation.

Worked for Inverness Technologies? Contribute to the Community!