Invesco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Services Representative Interview

Client Services Representative
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Invesco in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview first. Fairly basic questions, mostly behavioral. Invited for an in-person interview shortly after the phone interview. In-person interview consisted of a tour of the office and various meetings with current employees.

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Quantitative Research Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Invesco.

Interview Details – Lenghty communication, the whole process took about 4 months and ended with a standardized rejection email, 2 rounds of interviews, first with senior management then future workmates, questions non-technical, more about personal fit, relaxed atmosphere and friendly conversations, a bit uptight at times

Interview Question – how would you make the world a better place?   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Internal Wholesaler

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Invesco.

Interview Details – 4 phone interviews with management and potential external wholesalers to be paired with. First 2 phone interviews were with management, latter 2 were with wholesalers. 1 in person interview after phone interviews, offered made about 1 week later.

Interview Question – Very straightforward questions. Made sure I understood the roll and how to be effective in that capacity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Base salary for all internals is 45,000

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

Mobile Applications Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Invesco in March 2014.

Interview Details – Emailed from hiring manager to set up a phone interview. Made a time and interviewed for 30 minutes as planned with one manager.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions focusing on background experience.   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

Performance Analyst
Downers Grove, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Invesco in July 2013.

Interview Details – Very relaxed hiring process. I interviewed for a hybrid portfolio management/operations analyst role. First interveiw was over the phone with HR asking basic questions about experience and career goals. Second interview was face-to-face with three different people - Manager, Sr. Analyst, and Analyst. All asked fairly basic questions. Very basic Financial Services industry questions and behavioral questions. Because I had just graduated from college they knew that most of my day-to-day responsibilities would have to be learned, rather than practices I already knew. Third and final interview was again with the Manager, and then a phone call with the CIO in New York. Overall, very relaxed hiring process, for this entry level position they were more concerned with career goals, ability to learn, and work ethic.

Interview Question – Didn't really get any difficult questions. Why apply for a job in Fixed Income over higher profile jobs like Equities, Investment Banking, or Private Equity?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was lucky enough to have 2 offers already on the table so I was in a unique position to negotiate. After telling Invesco what the other firms were offering they took 30 minutes and the CIO personally called me back offering a 10% salary increase with ability to increase typical bonus percentages by 5%.

Very Easy Interview

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Invesco in December 2010.

Interview Details – One interview, 3 separate people. They come in one at a time and ask you the most basic questions one can ask in an interview: What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Why do you want to work here? When can you start?

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

.NET Engineer Interview

.NET Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Invesco in December 2013.

Interview Details – Casual Phone screen with HR in Houston- not the most friendly.
Call back interview with 2 developers and a PM, tech screen focus on syntax.
Face to face with manager and department lead in Atlanta- not very tech more casual get to know you.

I applied for a developer position- but the position morphed into a product support role- error sourcing and bug fixing for products that their offshore devs create.

No offer, because I was clear I didn't want a support type role... They stated they were continuing their search.

Interview Question – Typical tech screen, c# syntax focus and sql. During the tech screen, what is a inner left/right join?   View Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Client Service Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Invesco in December 2013.

Interview Details – Got called from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was really simple, easy questions. After that I was asked for a face-to-face interview the following week. They give a presentation about the company, then followed the interviews. It consisted of mostly behavioral questions nothing difficult. After that they give you a tour of the place and introduce you to current representatives.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult(mostly behavioral/situational), they sometimes seemed repetitive.   Answer Question

Operations Representative Interview

Operations Representative
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Invesco in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was called in for a 1 on 1 interview that lasted about 45 minutes then was given a tour of the office.

Interview Question – I honestly cant remember any of the questions but nothing was too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Testing Interview

Testing

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Invesco.

Interview Details – Was really proper and respectful. There will be an initial phone followed up with 1 (or more, if the position reports to an office in another location).

Interview Question – Not really.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Invesco

Worked for Invesco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Invesco interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Invesco employees and interview candidates.