Invesco

2.6

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Invesco.

Applied online. Hiring manager contacted me within a couple of weeks. Had a brief convo before being asked to interview in person. The in-person interview was at their office which is really nice but pretty far outside of the city. The interviewing managers asked good questions about my experience, personality, and market knowledge. I thought it went very well and was very pleased and interested in the position, culture, and managers. A few days later, I had a follow up call with external wholesaler that I would be partnered with. Good conversation with more specific questions about knowledge and ability to perform job. Last round was an in person interview with hiring manager and external. Great interview and conversation with both. I was offered the job about a week later.

Interview Questions

Great package but lowish base salary ($45k). However, unbeatable benefits and opportunity for growth. I had to decline for unrelated reasons, but I couldn't be more impressed with the group and hiring managers. Its the best culture I've seen at any of the large financial institutions. I've worked and/or interviewed at all the big houses, too, and Invesco is by far the most attractive (pay, commish, benefits, culture, and team members).

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Invesco in October 2014.

I went thru a recruiting company and the process took about a week to get a call. I scheduled and interview I'm the early part of the day and by the hour I was offered the position.

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Invesco in October 2014.

I applied online and was called in for an interview within a week. I was interviewed by 2 different people. Even though it was for an accountant position they acted like it was different from other accounting positions. Kept emphasizing how accountant's don't know deadlines until they have a fund accountant position. The rest of the questions were the typical interview questions.

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Invesco.

Lenghty communication, the whole process took about 4 months and ended with a standardized rejection email, 2 rounds of interviews, first with senior management then future workmates, questions non-technical, more about personal fit, relaxed atmosphere and friendly conversations, a bit uptight at times

Internal Wholesaler Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Invesco.

4 phone interviews with management and potential external wholesalers to be paired with. First 2 phone interviews were with management, latter 2 were with wholesalers. 1 in person interview after phone interviews, offered made about 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward questions. Made sure I understood the roll and how to be effective in that capacity.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Base salary for all internals is 45,000

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Invesco in March 2014.

Emailed from hiring manager to set up a phone interview. Made a time and interviewed for 30 minutes as planned with one manager.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions focusing on background experience.   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Invesco in January 2014.

Phone interview first. Fairly basic questions, mostly behavioral. Invited for an in-person interview shortly after the phone interview. In-person interview consisted of a tour of the office and various meetings with current employees.

.NET Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Invesco in December 2013.

Casual Phone screen with HR in Houston- not the most friendly.
    Call back interview with 2 developers and a PM, tech screen focus on syntax.
    Face to face with manager and department lead in Atlanta- not very tech more casual get to know you.

I applied for a developer position- but the position morphed into a product support role- error sourcing and bug fixing for products that their offshore devs create.

No offer, because I was clear I didn't want a support type role... They stated they were continuing their search.

Interview Questions
    • Typical tech screen, c# syntax focus and sql. During the tech screen, what is a inner left/right join?   View Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Invesco in December 2013.

Got called from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was really simple, easy questions. After that I was asked for a face-to-face interview the following week. They give a presentation about the company, then followed the interviews. It consisted of mostly behavioral questions nothing difficult. After that they give you a tour of the place and introduce you to current representatives.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult(mostly behavioral/situational), they sometimes seemed repetitive.   Answer Question

Testing Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Invesco.

Was really proper and respectful. There will be an initial phone followed up with 1 (or more, if the position reports to an office in another location).