Investment Technology Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.6

Summer Analyst Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Investment Technology Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

One on campus interview 30~60 mins, on site interview 3hours with 5~6 people. Around 30 to 40 minutes per person. I think there were at least 4 other candidates on that day. Didn't meet them but I saw the schedule on front desk..Basic coding interview and some behavioral. Nice office. Nice interviewers.. But did not hear back for three weeks.. I guess I'm not the one.

Summer Analyst - Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Investment Technology Group.

Interview

Applied online by emailing resume to hiring manager after seeing position advertised on indeed.com. Attended online virtual information session, where employees and past interns spoke to applicants about the program and ITG in general. Contacted for interview 2 weeks after information session. 3 more rounds of both behavioral/technical interviews with members of platforms development team over the next 3 weeks. During that period also had informal phone call with HR discussing my feedback from the interviews and interest in position.

Exactly 1 month elapsed between first being contacted to interview and final job offer.

Interview Questions

• Design an elevator control system for a building with multiple elevators.   4 Answers

Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Investment Technology Group (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

2 skype interviews, 1 in-office. Process is very long. Very unorganized. Interviewed with 4-5 people total. I am not even sure what the actual position is called. Took 3 weeks to answer my email. Did not reimburse for my travel expenses.

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process is rather drawn out. There are two initial behavorial interviews, and then theres a technical interview. They ask general behavorial questions like why you would want to work there, describe a time when you worked in a team, and what your goals are in the future.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you were innovative.   1 Answer

Trading Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Investment Technology Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

met with 3 members of the team - they were respectful, honest about the description and nice...emphasized working hard and quality of life outside of work...going in for a final round this week

Interview Questions

• not many questions...they go through their summary and you have to interject at times to ask questions...not too many technical questions even though I have had extensive experience in trade support   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Investment Technology Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The first interview is a screening interview that goes over resume and interests, so that HR knows which department to send your resume to. It was conducted over Skype and was less than thirty minutes long.

Algo Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Investment Technology Group.

Interview

Campus recruit. A VP chatted with me. No specific technical questions. Still in the process of interviewing. The process was pretty comfortable. The interviewer was nice and friendly. The process took about 30 minutes. We had a great time.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Investment Technology Group (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Gave my resume to hr in the career fair, and then got the invitation to a networking event after a few months. And then got the interview 1 week after the networking event. And then received another round after that. People are basically very nice and friendly. And they just want to find the fit person.

Interview Questions

• First round is a test. Second round is a 30-minute interview on resume.   Answer Question

Investment Research Summer Interview

Application

Interview

Met an HR rep at a career fair, was contacted by her a couple weeks later to do a skype interview to see which group might be the best fit. Had a second phone interview with a hiring manager from the Investment Research team, just walked through my resume and asked about my experience with the relevant software programs and math. Right after, he handed the phone to someone else from the team who peppered me with math/coding questions for the next 45 minutes. It was intense but he was very pleasant and gave hints. Havent heard back yet

Interview Questions

• What is an eignevalue?
      What was the most complex program you ever wrote?
      Chi-Squared Distribtuon?

Answer Question

Equity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Investment Technology Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Really slow to call you back. Interviews can feel thrown together so be extra prepared to guide the conversation. There's not much prepping on their side, whatever they pretend.

Interview Questions

• It's a mixed bag - be prepared for anything but don't sweat too much.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate - I took what they offered.