Investment Technology Group

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

The interview process is rather drawn out. There are two initial behavorial interviews, and then theres a technical interview. They ask general behavorial questions like why you would want to work there, describe a time when you worked in a team, and what your goals are in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you were innovative.   View Answer

Trading Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Investment Technology Group in February 2015.

met with 3 members of the team - they were respectful, honest about the description and nice...emphasized working hard and quality of life outside of work...going in for a final round this week

Interview Questions
    • not many questions...they go through their summary and you have to interject at times to ask questions...not too many technical questions even though I have had extensive experience in trade support   Answer Question

Algo Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Investment Technology Group.

Campus recruit. A VP chatted with me. No specific technical questions. Still in the process of interviewing. The process was pretty comfortable. The interviewer was nice and friendly. The process took about 30 minutes. We had a great time.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Investment Technology Group in January 2015.

Gave my resume to hr in the career fair, and then got the invitation to a networking event after a few months. And then got the interview 1 week after the networking event. And then received another round after that. People are basically very nice and friendly. And they just want to find the fit person.

Interview Questions
    • First round is a test. Second round is a 30-minute interview on resume.   Answer Question

Investment Research Summer Interview

Met an HR rep at a career fair, was contacted by her a couple weeks later to do a skype interview to see which group might be the best fit. Had a second phone interview with a hiring manager from the Investment Research team, just walked through my resume and asked about my experience with the relevant software programs and math. Right after, he handed the phone to someone else from the team who peppered me with math/coding questions for the next 45 minutes. It was intense but he was very pleasant and gave hints. Havent heard back yet

Interview Questions
    • What is an eignevalue?
      What was the most complex program you ever wrote?
      Chi-Squared Distribtuon?

Answer Question

Equity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Investment Technology Group.

Really slow to call you back. Interviews can feel thrown together so be extra prepared to guide the conversation. There's not much prepping on their side, whatever they pretend.

Interview Questions
    • It's a mixed bag - be prepared for anything but don't sweat too much.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate - I took what they offered.

Technology Development Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Investment Technology Group.

The total process took around a month. All interviews were via Skype except the last one which was at their office. First round was with HR to see where to send my resume. Second was with a team where they asked textbook questions about courses from my resume like oop and data structures, algorithms. Last was on site where they basically asked the same things. Received offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Java questions, the standard concept questions, no code was asked.   Answer Question
    Didn't attempt to negotiate. Gave standard offer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Initial screening was on-campus and very laid-back. Nothing technical. They just asked questions about my experience and skills. Next, the on-site interview was also non-technical, surprisingly. I met with three members of the team individually and they just asked me questions about myself. Very friendly.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Investment Technology Group in March 2014.

We had an interview over Skype in which the interviewer wanted to know two things. What qualified me for the position, and why I wanted to work there. This interview is general, and is delivered by a human resources person, who is looking to see if you can express proper interest in the company.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Applied online through college website. Received email several days later to schedule Skype Interview in a couple of days. Skype Interview with HR followed by impromptu technical interview with Team.

Interview Questions
    • If a user enters a web address on a browser and presses enter, what happens?   Answer Question