Investment Technology Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.6

Equity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Investment Technology Group.

Really slow to call you back. Interviews can feel thrown together so be extra prepared to guide the conversation. There's not much prepping on their side, whatever they pretend.

Interview Questions
    • It's a mixed bag - be prepared for anything but don't sweat too much.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate - I took what they offered.

Technology Development Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Investment Technology Group.

The total process took around a month. All interviews were via Skype except the last one which was at their office. First round was with HR to see where to send my resume. Second was with a team where they asked textbook questions about courses from my resume like oop and data structures, algorithms. Last was on site where they basically asked the same things. Received offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Java questions, the standard concept questions, no code was asked.   Answer Question
    Didn't attempt to negotiate. Gave standard offer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Initial screening was on-campus and very laid-back. Nothing technical. They just asked questions about my experience and skills. Next, the on-site interview was also non-technical, surprisingly. I met with three members of the team individually and they just asked me questions about myself. Very friendly.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Investment Technology Group in March 2014.

We had an interview over Skype in which the interviewer wanted to know two things. What qualified me for the position, and why I wanted to work there. This interview is general, and is delivered by a human resources person, who is looking to see if you can express proper interest in the company.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Applied online through college website. Received email several days later to schedule Skype Interview in a couple of days. Skype Interview with HR followed by impromptu technical interview with Team.

Interview Questions
    • If a user enters a web address on a browser and presses enter, what happens?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Investment Technology Group.

There was no phone screen. The recruiter brought me in and met with HR and my hiring manager. HR asked typical HR questions (where do you see your self, how do you handle a issue, what is your worst quality). The hiring manager basically checked that I am fit for the team, rather looking at my technical abilities.

Interview Questions
    They made one offer, which was later pulled back!! They did not do their homework and made me a lower offer afterwards. Very unprofessional. Nonetheless, I still took the job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Investment Technology Group.

I got an unexpected email without application probably from the resume book of university

Analytics Research Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Investment Technology Group.

Drop my resume at career fair, got phone interview invitation in November.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Investment Technology Group in December 2013.

got a phone screen on a software engineer role. it lasted about 30 mins. the hiring manager seemed like pretty laid back.

Investment Research R&D Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Investment Technology Group in November 2013.

I had the interview through campus recruiting. I first had a phone interview with a managing director. Most question were technical and concerned the classes I took or project which involved data science (e.g. questions on linear regression). There was no finance at all apart some open questions on how to evaluate a company.
    The second interview was on site, meeting four different members of the team for half an hour each. This time it was also resume based and they try to see how you would deal with a real data science problem by asking you how you would deal with some data base to find a good model. Also some brainteasers like the 25 horses race, the two pile of coins with same number of heads in the dark room, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How can you find the minimum AND maximum value of an unsorted list of a 100 integers? How many comparisons does it take.   View Answer