Investors Capital Holdings

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Investors Capital Holdings

Sales/Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Investors Capital Holdings in July 2014.

Was not was I believed it to be. A glorified pyramid scheme in a small office. Did not ask any aptitude questions. Explained their pitch as cold calling for them until I was licensed.

Interview Questions

Did not align with my career path to begin cold calling clients for them.

Stockbroker Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Investors Capital Holdings.

Sit with whichever broker is free, asks a few questions, pretends to care, hires you. They wont reject anyone

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Investors Capital Holdings in June 2012.

Great communication from Home Office, easy interview process. They focus on you and only you. Great compensation package and you are truly independent. Great compliance and licensing team whom are their to help, not disable. Senior management are easy to reach and always quick to get you the answers.

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Investors Capital Holdings in September 2010.

I applied to the Broker Trainee Program through an job searching website. After about a week I got a phone call asking me to come in for a personal interview in their offices in New York. The interview itself had no technical aspect to it. I spoke to three of their Senior Brokers within about an hour's time. Each interview was basically an overview of their culture. They definitely follow the whole "work hard / play hard" mantra. It was a fun interview because it was very relaxed, they're very accommodating in that regard. The only downside is that they definitely tend to take over the conversation a bit, giving you very limited windows where you can speak out and show them why'd you fit in.

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Investors Capital Holdings in May 2010.

It takes a certain personality to thrive and to prosper at Investors Capital let alone in the retail brokerage business generally. A lot of questions were qualitative to probe whether I had the drive and resilience that would not add to the high volume of turnover that they've experience from prior candidates. "Do you have any background in sports or anything competitive?" and, "if given an offer could you see yourself working in the long-term for us?" were examples of this line of questioning. Hung in their for over a year and couldn't handle the low immediate rewards for the high volume of work entailed with the job.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch yourself to me and tell me why I should hire you.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Very small weekly stipend.