Investors Capital Holdings

Very Easy Interview

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Investors Capital Holdings in June 2012.

Interview Details – Great communication from Home Office, easy interview process. They focus on you and only you. Great compensation package and you are truly independent. Great compliance and licensing team whom are their to help, not disable. Senior management are easy to reach and always quick to get you the answers.

Interview Question – None, very easy and fun process.   Answer Question

Stockbroker Intern Interview

Stockbroker Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Investors Capital Holdings.

Interview Details – Sit with whichever broker is free, asks a few questions, pretends to care, hires you. They wont reject anyone

Very Difficult Interview

Broker Interview

Broker
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Investors Capital Holdings in May 2010.

Interview Details – It takes a certain personality to thrive and to prosper at Investors Capital let alone in the retail brokerage business generally. A lot of questions were qualitative to probe whether I had the drive and resilience that would not add to the high volume of turnover that they've experience from prior candidates. "Do you have any background in sports or anything competitive?" and, "if given an offer could you see yourself working in the long-term for us?" were examples of this line of questioning. Hung in their for over a year and couldn't handle the low immediate rewards for the high volume of work entailed with the job.

Interview Question – Pitch yourself to me and tell me why I should hire you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Very small weekly stipend.

Broker Interview

Broker
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Investors Capital Holdings in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied to the Broker Trainee Program through an job searching website. After about a week I got a phone call asking me to come in for a personal interview in their offices in New York. The interview itself had no technical aspect to it. I spoke to three of their Senior Brokers within about an hour's time. Each interview was basically an overview of their culture. They definitely follow the whole "work hard / play hard" mantra. It was a fun interview because it was very relaxed, they're very accommodating in that regard. The only downside is that they definitely tend to take over the conversation a bit, giving you very limited windows where you can speak out and show them why'd you fit in.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   View Answer

Worked for Investors Capital Holdings? Contribute to the Community!