Investors Group

Average Difficulty
31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Investors Group.

Interview Details – Have three interviews in total. 1st is kinda information meeting about the company and the position. 2nd is taken by the division director. Qs are mostly regular, which you can practice by yourself in advance. 3rd is taken by the regional director who has the right to final decision of hiring. I am about to attend the 3rd one when i am writing this review. So, pls wish me good luck. I think i will offer feedbacks after.

Interview Question – Qs are mostly regular, which you can practice by yourself in advance.   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Investors Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – friendly and warm people. it was a wonderful experience. I tried to do my best. there is a training in the program. so don not worry. it is a good point to start your career and then extend it to your own business. I really recommend to go for interview.

Interview Question – what is your weekness   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Investors Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – There are 3 set of itervie, First intervie with HR, second with division manager, and third with regional manager. The intervie has simple question about strenght, weekness, and some question about your previous jobs. and also they will explain the comission structure, and they will give some surve and home work in secon interview to complete. The survey you must take from your friends, and relatives.

Reason for Declining – This is 100% comission, and they expecting to get client from my family and friends in the region.. This looks not like job, it is their marketing perspective.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Investors Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – Smooth and professional

Interview Question – Describe your greatest achievement   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very professional

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Investors Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – You will meet the recruitment person first. If he/she feels you're suitable for the position, they will send you an assessment test. After getting the result, they emails you to set a meeting with the division manager first. You will be introduced to the basic process of how the work will be done, how your benefits are etc. For sure you will be asked questions like "why do yo think you are fit for the job" "do you think you can bring client? how" kinda like this. They offer base salary but have to be based on your sales performance. Say they offer $2000/month base, if you make $500 this month, you probably will get $1500 support from them. As you are getting more experienced and know more people, you will make much more than that(according to their words). Then if the division director feels goo about you, you will be sent to meet the regional director, which is the one who can really decide want you or not. And you will be give some forms and questionnaires to fill before the third interview, one of them is like contact list, you have to write done all the people you know in this area, their names, contact way, salary and family situation and rank their as your potential clients. Last interview is kinda simple, the regional manager will focus on your contact list. If he/she feels it's long enough, you're kinda get hired.

Interview Question – Cuz am kinda new to this city so my contact list is not long enough. So you will be asked what and how you gonna do to increase your client base etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I don't feel good to work with a job without solid base, and i don't really like to start the client base from my friends just for a job i don't even know how long am gonna work for.

Financial Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Investors Group.

Interview Details – - get a call from a recruiter-> first informational interview with a division director or group career session -> if shows interest, will receive personality test -> 2nd interview with a division director, given lists to fill out the people who you can talk to when you start your own practice--> third interview with a regional director

Very Easy Interview

Vaughan, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Investors Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – They contacted me through my resume posted on Monster. They asked whether i have interest in Financial Consultant with Investors Group and offer me an introduction interview. There are three interviews in own-week process. In the introduction interview, Manager briefly introduced the company and and gave me 3 booklets that were needed to fill in before 2nd interview. These booklets include business plan and requiring 200 potential clients telephone number. When i came back in the 2nd interview, manager asked whether i had any problems during finishing booklets. This is a 100% commission jobs with high competition and lots of challenges. This job also requires around $6000 annual expense on your side. They will provide you training and help you to get the license. Questions is easy, and manager is nice. The whole process was more like a conversation.

Interview Question – Where do you start your selling? What is your goal?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I cannot apply for permanent resident with this work experience.

Interviewed at Investors Group

Interview Details – Just finished the career seminar. it was about some basic information of IG. nothing difficult. then they sent you a questionnaire to see if you match this position.

Interview Question – so far, nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Investors Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – It was a Career Info Session with 5 candidates. Basically, we were given some information on the company and the role of consultants in this business.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions this time.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

London, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Investors Group in April 2009.

Interview Details – Easy and streamlined. Felt very comfortable throughout the entire process.

Interview Question – What is the biggest sacrifice you have made to get to where you are today?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Investors Group

Worked for Investors Group? Contribute to the Community!