Investors Group Financial Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.2

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Investors Group.

Interview

Just asked whether I have a PR card or not. The interview finished in five minutes since I do not have a PR card while the job only hires PR or Canada citizen.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Investors Group

Financial Consultant Interview

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. I was explained about the position, company,manangement structure, services in detail and was asked about strengths, weaknesses, accomplishments and future career plans. It was more of a conversation and I asked questions and took notes.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Investors Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

*Be aware that these 'directors' are paid bonuses when they hire people!! They are sales people themselves and they are constantly trying to sell you on the job. If you have other options and are actually inclined to HELP your clients, I would highly recommend pursuing those other options. Unfortunately, Investors Group exploits their employees' networks and highly incentivizes them to do so...that is wrong in my opinion. AFTER DECLINING TO ACCEPT THE JOB OFFER, I was amazed at the fact that the 'Director' then proceeded to criticize me, was very degrading, and was even condemning. Very unprofessional and down right childish in my opinion. Yet again, he helped instill an accurate portrayal of the company in my mind.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you various questions, but what they really want to know is if you are willing to sell THEIR products to YOUR family and friends. They do not tell you a whole lot about their products, but make sure you look into them to make sure you are actually comfortable selling these products to your family and friends. I can tell you that after looking into them I discovered that I am DEFINITELY NOT comfortable pushing these kinds of products on friends and family. I found them to be very deceiving and I think majority of people who are financially inclined would find the same.   Answer Question
    • How big is your network?   Answer Question
    • How willing are you to sell Financial Service products to friends and family?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Investors Group in November 2014.

Interview

The process is pretty standard: 1st) info session where you learn more about the role, they will give you a form ask you if you want the job after the presentation. If you say yes they link you to a online personality test, once you finished it you'll be called for the 2nd behavioural interview. 2nd) this one the branch manager will go over your resume and the feedback from your personality test with you, as well as asking standard behavioural questions, nothing difficult at all. If the manager likes you, at the end he/she will give you a contact list to fill in people you know that could start your career with, it will be used for the last interview. 3rd) the last one is just for formality. If your list is decent then you'll get hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your experience is relevant to this position   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Investors Group (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

I sent them my cv they called me a week later told me to come and here what they have to offer They ask you normal questions about yourself and tell you how the job works if they like you and you want to continue the interview they will send you a personality test, if you qualify there is another interview. I did not continue because I have to start by selling to friends and family and I don't know a lot of people.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you expect to make as a consultant 1st, 3rd and 10th year?   1 Answer

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Investors Group (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online, I received an email shortly after asking me to come in for an interview. The interview lasted about 45mins- 1 hour. With pretty basic question about my resume, experiences, etc. The interviewer asked why I wanted the Job and why I think I would be successful at it. I was assigned some homework (basic information stuff and a blank list where I was supposed to fill out anyone I could potentially contact about financial planning).

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Investors Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

3 step hiring process. Hiring qualitities fully rely on division managers and recruiters, that is to say not too much direct by the headquarter. In my opinion, they treat the hiring more of a marketing channel than really think the best of the both sides.

Interview Questions

The division manager choosed to not fully disclose information that is significant for candidates to make decision. Worse case, they distort the info of the company to just attract people in.

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Investors Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

There are 3 set of itervie, First intervie with HR, second with division manager, and third with regional manager. The intervie has simple question about strenght, weekness, and some question about your previous jobs. and also they will explain the comission structure, and they will give some surve and home work in secon interview to complete. The survey you must take from your friends, and relatives.

This is 100% comission, and they expecting to get client from my family and friends in the region.. This looks not like job, it is their marketing perspective.

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Investors Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

You will meet the recruitment person first. If he/she feels you're suitable for the position, they will send you an assessment test. After getting the result, they emails you to set a meeting with the division manager first. You will be introduced to the basic process of how the work will be done, how your benefits are etc. For sure you will be asked questions like "why do yo think you are fit for the job" "do you think you can bring client? how" kinda like this. They offer base salary but have to be based on your sales performance. Say they offer $2000/month base, if you make $500 this month, you probably will get $1500 support from them. As you are getting more experienced and know more people, you will make much more than that(according to their words). Then if the division director feels goo about you, you will be sent to meet the regional director, which is the one who can really decide want you or not. And you will be give some forms and questionnaires to fill before the third interview, one of them is like contact list, you have to write done all the people you know in this area, their names, contact way, salary and family situation and rank their as your potential clients. Last interview is kinda simple, the regional manager will focus on your contact list. If he/she feels it's long enough, you're kinda get hired.

Interview Questions

• Cuz am kinda new to this city so my contact list is not long enough. So you will be asked what and how you gonna do to increase your client base etc.   Answer Question

I don't feel good to work with a job without solid base, and i don't really like to start the client base from my friends just for a job i don't even know how long am gonna work for.

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Investors Group.

Interview

- get a call from a recruiter-> first informational interview with a division director or group career session -> if shows interest, will receive personality test -> 2nd interview with a division director, given lists to fill out the people who you can talk to when you start your own practice--> third interview with a regional director