Investors Group Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
75 interviews

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Investors Group.

Four interviews in the process, including testing to determine suitability for the role. Warm environment presented in interviews. Willing to provide a high level of detail regarding the engagement with the firm.

Interview Questions
    • How many people in your warm marker? Definitely looking to see if your warm market makes you a worthy candidate.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Investors Group.

Applied online, I received an email shortly after asking me to come in for an interview. The interview lasted about 45mins- 1 hour. With pretty basic question about my resume, experiences, etc. The interviewer asked why I wanted the Job and why I think I would be successful at it. I was assigned some homework (basic information stuff and a blank list where I was supposed to fill out anyone I could potentially contact about financial planning).

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Investors Group in March 2014.

First, I received a phone call to attend a career seminar, which was conducted in a board room with about 6 other applicants. Before the seminar, I filled out an assessment online for evaluation. After the career seminar, I was called in for an initial interview, where I met the hiring manager. Asked basic questions. Nothing difficult. Called back for another interview. Given an offer and contract to take home.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions. One of the questions was "how would you rate your financial knowledge?"   Answer Question

The position is entirely based on commission and you are required to provide your own clients, whether they are your friends and family, they don't care. You are also required to pay certain administrative, office expenses monthly. They even charge you to print and photocopy.

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Investors Group.

Have three interviews in total. 1st is kinda information meeting about the company and the position. 2nd is taken by the division director. Qs are mostly regular, which you can practice by yourself in advance. 3rd is taken by the regional director who has the right to final decision of hiring. I am about to attend the 3rd one when i am writing this review. So, pls wish me good luck. I think i will offer feedbacks after.

Interview Questions
    • Qs are mostly regular, which you can practice by yourself in advance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Investors Group in August 2013.

friendly and warm people. it was a wonderful experience. I tried to do my best. there is a training in the program. so don not worry. it is a good point to start your career and then extend it to your own business. I really recommend to go for interview.

Assistant Interview

The recruiters were really friendly. They walked through my resume and asked related questions about my past experience. Also, they asked me about how I can see myself in 5 years where I failed to respond properly

Interview Questions
    • how can I see myself in 5 years and what's my greatest weakness   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Investors Group in April 2014.

There are 3 set of itervie, First intervie with HR, second with division manager, and third with regional manager. The intervie has simple question about strenght, weekness, and some question about your previous jobs. and also they will explain the comission structure, and they will give some surve and home work in secon interview to complete. The survey you must take from your friends, and relatives.

This is 100% comission, and they expecting to get client from my family and friends in the region.. This looks not like job, it is their marketing perspective.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Investors Group in June 2010.

Smooth and professional

Very professional

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Investors Group in April 2014.

You will meet the recruitment person first. If he/she feels you're suitable for the position, they will send you an assessment test. After getting the result, they emails you to set a meeting with the division manager first. You will be introduced to the basic process of how the work will be done, how your benefits are etc. For sure you will be asked questions like "why do yo think you are fit for the job" "do you think you can bring client? how" kinda like this. They offer base salary but have to be based on your sales performance. Say they offer $2000/month base, if you make $500 this month, you probably will get $1500 support from them. As you are getting more experienced and know more people, you will make much more than that(according to their words). Then if the division director feels goo about you, you will be sent to meet the regional director, which is the one who can really decide want you or not. And you will be give some forms and questionnaires to fill before the third interview, one of them is like contact list, you have to write done all the people you know in this area, their names, contact way, salary and family situation and rank their as your potential clients. Last interview is kinda simple, the regional manager will focus on your contact list. If he/she feels it's long enough, you're kinda get hired.

Interview Questions
    • Cuz am kinda new to this city so my contact list is not long enough. So you will be asked what and how you gonna do to increase your client base etc.   Answer Question

I don't feel good to work with a job without solid base, and i don't really like to start the client base from my friends just for a job i don't even know how long am gonna work for.

Financial Advisor Assistant Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Investors Group.

Informational interview with a financial advisor. Met with company representatives at a school event and had the opportunity to sit down with an advisor to discuss job opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was describing why I was interested in financial advisory. I explained all of my interests but felt like they were looking for something more.   Answer Question

Worked for Investors Group? Contribute to the Community!