Invetech Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Invetech.

There was a brief phone interview, after which there was an in person interview. At the interview a teleconference was set up with an HR rep and an engineer in Australia. On the San Diego side was a Senior Engineer and a Manager. The HR rep just walked through her list of pre-prepared questions while the Engineers asked me some real questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Invetech

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Invetech.

Send my resume over, had the HR person contact me a few days later to set up the interview.

The place is a cold, clinical atmosphere...no warmth whatsoever. The people are dry, mechanical, and sterile. The HR person was nice however.

Three people were in the interview. I don't do very well in interviews I must admit. However, my portfolio and background and accomplishments speak for themselves. Any references can back me up.

Unfortunately the engineers at this firm are the typical narrow-minded individuals who cannot see past a resume and only focus on their extreme specific needs rather than looking at a person's experience and achievements as a whole - and how one can fit into their organization for the long-term. So if you cannot answer a specific question, quick judgement and poor views are dished out.

The interview didn't even last 30 minutes. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I'd definitely not want to work there so it's blessing in disguise.

One more thing...this company has been bought out by the Aussies...who are just like the Brits when it comes to hiring, work style, and attitude...blunt, dry, holier than though mentalities....unfortunate...

Great locale, lousy experience.

Interview Questions
    • What drives the motors on specific exploratory terrestrial device...as if I designed the whole damned thing!   View Answer

Worked for Invetech? Contribute to the Community!