Invitrogen Interview Questions

2.7

Research Associate Interview

Contacted after two weeks of submitting my application. A phone interview was scheduled. Many questions about my resume, what I liked about invitrogen, and what my future career plans were.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Invitrogen in September 2011.

just a few background questions and reason for leaving current job.

Interview Questions
    • Fast interview. Few general questions about the position, reason interested in the position   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Invitrogen in March 2011.

Panel interview took nearly all day. Generally, the same question asked, with the interviewers all very friendly and accommodating. The office itself is huge and well built. Work dynamic seems friendly as well. Everyone seemed to keep busy.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Invitrogen in May 2010.

Long, slow process that ended with not being offered a job after getting a verbal offer following my 3rd interview. Was contacted by HR about 4 months after applying for a specific position. Had an extended phone interview with the HR rep and advanced to hiring manager after being told that I was the top candidate. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager. All went well and I was scheduled for a site interview with several team members. Somewhere in there the position went from permanent to contract. I interviewed on site, but didn't feel good about how the interview had gone with a senior manager--he did not seem to think that my knowledge and experience were adequate. The hiring manager walked me out and said he would like to bring me on but would be out of town for the next few weeks, and if I didn't hear from him before he left, I could expect to hear from him when he returned. When he returned several weeks later, I heard nothing. After a few days, I emailed. No response. After a few more days, I called and left a voicemail. No response. After a few more days, I contacted the HR rep and asked if she had any information about the position. Within a few hours, I received an email from the hiring manager that they had chosen a more suitable candidate. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to explain the processes I would use in the position, but was challenged on each of the answers I gave.   View Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Invitrogen in February 2010.

Contacted about 3 weeks after applying online to position. Interview consisted of preliminary screening phone interview with HR followed by phone interview with hiring manager. In person interview took place about 2 weeks later in a conference room at the Carlsbad location. One on one interviews with about 6-8 people, each lasting 30-45 minutes. Each person who interviewed was assigned a specific area to question about, as typically done in most interviews.

Master Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Invitrogen in July 2008.

The overall experience was neutral. It started with a phone interview. Then I was scheduled for a 1:1 with several individuals. The 1:1 was very disorganized. Then another follow on was scheduled and done remotely. Finally the offer was presented without sufficient detail on benefits or non-monetary compensation, so I made the decision to not accept the offer because the risk seemed greater than what I was willing to accept to make a substantial geographic move.

Interview Questions

Lack of relocation and insufficient salary.

Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Invitrogen in June 2009.

0. email correspondence
    1. phone interview
    2. onsite interview--meet with 4 people over 2 hours
    3. job offer

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the best person for this job?   View Answer
    • What do you see yourself doing here in 1-3 years from now?   View Answer

wanted more pay

Senior Research Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Invitrogen in January 2010.

easy and effictive

nothing negotaiable

Account Manager Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Invitrogen in October 2009.

Regional manager and his boss interviewed in a hotel bar. They were very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • It is very disturbing that you are looking to get your Master's Degree while expecting to work for a sales based position.   Answer Question

Quality Control Specialist Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Invitrogen in September 2008.

At the time I interviewed we were still a small company that was not yet aquired by Invitrogen. During the interview process the entire site, which consisted of approximately 30 people can in by small groups to perform a panel interview. The questions asked were typical questions of pertinent past experience and also character questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Invitrogen? Contribute to the Community!