Invitrogen Marketing Interview Questions

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Invitrogen (Carlsbad, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Long, slow process that ended with not being offered a job after getting a verbal offer following my 3rd interview. Was contacted by HR about 4 months after applying for a specific position. Had an extended phone interview with the HR rep and advanced to hiring manager after being told that I was the top candidate. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager. All went well and I was scheduled for a site interview with several team members. Somewhere in there the position went from permanent to contract. I interviewed on site, but didn't feel good about how the interview had gone with a senior manager--he did not seem to think that my knowledge and experience were adequate. The hiring manager walked me out and said he would like to bring me on but would be out of town for the next few weeks, and if I didn't hear from him before he left, I could expect to hear from him when he returned. When he returned several weeks later, I heard nothing. After a few days, I emailed. No response. After a few more days, I called and left a voicemail. No response. After a few more days, I contacted the HR rep and asked if she had any information about the position. Within a few hours, I received an email from the hiring manager that they had chosen a more suitable candidate. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to explain the processes I would use in the position, but was challenged on each of the answers I gave.   1 Answer