Invitrogen

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Carlsbad, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Invitrogen in May 2010.

Interview Details – Long, slow process that ended with not being offered a job after getting a verbal offer following my 3rd interview. Was contacted by HR about 4 months after applying for a specific position. Had an extended phone interview with the HR rep and advanced to hiring manager after being told that I was the top candidate. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager. All went well and I was scheduled for a site interview with several team members. Somewhere in there the position went from permanent to contract. I interviewed on site, but didn't feel good about how the interview had gone with a senior manager--he did not seem to think that my knowledge and experience were adequate. The hiring manager walked me out and said he would like to bring me on but would be out of town for the next few weeks, and if I didn't hear from him before he left, I could expect to hear from him when he returned. When he returned several weeks later, I heard nothing. After a few days, I emailed. No response. After a few more days, I called and left a voicemail. No response. After a few more days, I contacted the HR rep and asked if she had any information about the position. Within a few hours, I received an email from the hiring manager that they had chosen a more suitable candidate. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Interview Question – Was asked to explain the processes I would use in the position, but was challenged on each of the answers I gave.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Invitrogen? Contribute to the Community!

Invitrogen Videos

Invitrogen – Why Work for Us?

It’s a New Day Life Technologies has combined with Thermo Fisher Scientific (NASDAQ: TMO) to create an unrivaled industry leader. The Life Technologies brand is now one of Thermo Fisher’s four premier product brands… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Invitrogen Marketing interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Invitrogen employees and interview candidates.