Involver

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing

Interviewed at Involver

Interview Details – nice team. no sidewinder questions.

Interview Question – what's my dream job?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Involver in January 2011.

Interview Details – Caliper test to determine sales aptitude, background check, 2 phone interviews, in-person interview with 4 people.

Interview Question – Explain how you will apply your background and experience to the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Involver in February 2011.

Interview Details – Longest interview ever.

Negotiation Details – Quick, didn't negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Involver in February 2012.

Interview Details – Besides talking with the recruiter, there were 2 45 minute technical interviews, both with a lot of questions. I wish they had those as written tests, wording answers on the phone and struggling with dry mouth and choppy connection next to one ear (not even Skype) is a very strange setting to test technical knowledge. Not to mention that if the standard depends on an interviewer, it makes it highly subjective of a test.

For the first interview, I will refer to the other interview posted (the Entry level position). It was with a software developer, similar questions, only didn't feel difficult. The interviewer wasn't a perfectionist and was happy with just right answers.

The second interview was with a director and didn't feel the same. The questions were rather simple, but he kept digging about every question he asked, requiring more and more, like until the candidate gives up and says they don't know more. No pasaran! May be, he wanted the answers to match exactly and comprehensively to the answers on his cheat sheet. I didn't have an impression I did badly and that he gave up on me, only it was unpleasant and my tongue felt like potato. If you decide to interview with them, pay attention that their questions are simple, but just giving an answer that makes sense wouldn't be enough. Those questions might be changed, but they are a good example.

I asked questions about their team and they use pair programming where people switch, and I was told they promote creativity and teamwork.

The recruiter contacted me a couple days after and told they were not going to continue with me, it was phrased like I was lacking sufficient "skills and talents" which sounded quite arrogant to me. I had an impression they didn't feel I was interested enough, and I really wasn't interested enough as I fell sick those days. I asked to postpone the second interview because of this problem, and it was like "do you want to have it later today or tomorrow?" (like I'm a machine to get a quick fix, I chose tomorrow); I didn't have guts to ask for 3 days to guarantee I fully recover.

I would've rated this experience as positive because they concentrated all on technical stuff, not sales speeches and team socializing, but the element of intimidation balanced it out.

Interview Questions

Worst Interview I Had In My Life Interview

Worst Interview I Had In My Life

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Involver.

Interview Details – Person who was interviewing me was eating something during interview! He didn't ask me to introduce myself and didn't asked me anything and jumped straight to question. He asked computer science question that was not possible through phone. I was able to answer the question if I had a whiteboard and enough time I would answer it. But that was too much for a phone interview.

They asked for on-site interview but I refused to work with people like the person who interviewed me.

Interview Question – Tell me how to remove a node from a binary search tree with 9 specific nodes.   Answer Question

Worked for Involver? Contribute to the Community!