Iowa Health System

Relevance Date Difficulty

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Nurse Practitioner
Des Moines, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Iowa Health System in January 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews but this was several years ago. One by phone and one in person. Always be prepared for the interview process. It helps to have good references from colleagues who may be within the system already.

Interview Question – Discuss the most difficult patient in your practice and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Nurse Interview

Nurse
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Iowa Health System in February 2013.

Interview Details – You apply online, and the application gets sent to the manager. I recieved a phone call a few days after applying, and come into the office for an interview soon after. A week later I was offered the job and accepted. Because I was already working at the hospital, I did not have to re-do the drug test. The orientation process was very thorough, and was able to follow a nurse on the floor for a few months. I felt very prepared.

Interview Question – No questions were really very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – at that point I was not comfortable negotiating my salary

Administrator Interview

Administrator
Johnston, IA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Iowa Health System in July 2012.

Interview Details – Recruited by headhunter. They did most of work. Had to front interview expenses and get reimbursed. Loose interview- general questions- not behavioral. HR not involved.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Computer Programming Positions Interview

Computer Programming Positions
West Des Moines, IA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Iowa Health System in November 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a manager from IT during a private job fair the company had at a local hotel. The only information I could get about the available positions was just the job title. There were no job descriptions or job qualifications provided and the IT manager was pushy about me applying for a position based on job title alone. He acted annoyed when I started asking a few questions about job duties and qualifications. I told him I would think about the positions and send a resume in if interested.

Interview Question – Here is a list of jobs. Which one do you want? (No job descriptions were available)   View Answer

Microsoft Support Analyst Interview

Microsoft Support Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Iowa Health System in August 2010.

Interview Details – Only one interview, via phone, about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Are you willing to move.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Iowa Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Iowa Health System interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Iowa Health System employees and interview candidates.