Iowa State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lab Assistant Interview

Lab Assistant
Ames, IA

The process took a day - interviewed at Iowa State University in November 2008.

Interview Details – Emailed about a job posting on university job search. Asked for resume and any other relevant info. Met for a 1:1 interview explaining the type of research they do, and what I'd be doing. Asked for the hours I was available. Got an e-mail back within a week asking me to come in for my first day. Very casual, dressed in my normal college student attire, everyone in lab was dressed the same.

Interview Question – Biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't feel the need.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Lab Assistant Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Iowa State University in October 2008.

Interview Details – Just sent E-mail for application. Got On-site interview, a few general questions about behavior. This is an part-time job. Just ask my free time and previous experience. Easy to answer. Got offer just after the interview. Very nice to work in ISU!

Interview Question – Have you ever worked as an Lab assistant before?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Iowa State University

Worked for Iowa State University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Iowa State University Lab Assistant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Iowa State University employees and interview candidates.